Suggest some games to try.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2014, 07:03 PM
RE: Suggest some games to try.
(05-05-2014 06:45 PM)Charis Wrote:  We should ALL join Second Life, and have a building where we all meet... have events, etc, etc.... I could learn to do the 3D designing, and Jasozz can probably do a bit of code for our more special stuff. Tongue

It would certainly make the Sexy Banter Thread more interesting.

But in all seriousness, I'm only just hanging onto reality as it is... I don't need the Matrix to confuse things.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 07:32 PM
(05-05-2014 02:42 PM)Sam Wrote:  I'm quickly getting bored with my games... I've played some of them to death, and others never really inspired me.

These are the games I have... All Xbox 360.

- Oblivion
- Skyrim
- The Witcher 2
- Dark Souls
- Mafia II
- Sleeping Dogs
- GTA IV
- GTA V
- Red Dead Redemption
- L.A Noire
- Forza III
- Midnight Club: L.A
- Driver San Francisco
- Test Drive Unlimited 2
- Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed Revelations
- Assassin's Creed 3
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
- Dishonored
- Splinter Cell Conviction
- Splinter Cell Blacklist
- Hitman: Absolution
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Battlefield 3
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
- Operation Flashpoint: Red River
- Fallout 3
- Far Cry 2
- Far Cry 3
- Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Any suggestions for something new and completely different, or in some way unique? I like open world, sandbox games a lot, but also enjoy good narratives...

I think atmosphere and immersion is what I go for most.

Well if you want a good Hitman game, get Blood Money. It'll serve for a hours entertainment.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-05-2014, 07:37 PM
(05-05-2014 07:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 02:42 PM)Sam Wrote:  I'm quickly getting bored with my games... I've played some of them to death, and others never really inspired me.

These are the games I have... All Xbox 360.

- Oblivion
- Skyrim
- The Witcher 2
- Dark Souls
- Mafia II
- Sleeping Dogs
- GTA IV
- GTA V
- Red Dead Redemption
- L.A Noire
- Forza III
- Midnight Club: L.A
- Driver San Francisco
- Test Drive Unlimited 2
- Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed Revelations
- Assassin's Creed 3
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
- Dishonored
- Splinter Cell Conviction
- Splinter Cell Blacklist
- Hitman: Absolution
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Battlefield 3
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
- Operation Flashpoint: Red River
- Fallout 3
- Far Cry 2
- Far Cry 3
- Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Any suggestions for something new and completely different, or in some way unique? I like open world, sandbox games a lot, but also enjoy good narratives...

I think atmosphere and immersion is what I go for most.

Well if you want a good Hitman game, get Blood Money. It'll serve for a hours entertainment.

I did quite enjoy Absolution... But I am absolutely shit at stealth games.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
05-05-2014, 07:51 PM
(05-05-2014 07:37 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 07:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well if you want a good Hitman game, get Blood Money. It'll serve for a hours entertainment.

I did quite enjoy Absolution... But I am absolutely shit at stealth games.

I dislike Absolution. I mean, it's not bad, but I have plenty of issues.

For one, the whole disguise-Instinct mechanic barely ever worked and made disguises practically redundant in my opinion.
Aside from that, how is it that any time a gun is fired, the security/cops without fail know exactly where it was? Every single time, if I shoot at a person, even if nobody can see where I am, I am instantly on the receiving end of a swarm of rounds. I can understand the AI knowing the direction of the shot, but pinpointing my exact location from one shot without even seeing me is ridiculous.
Don't get me wrong, smart AI is a good thing, especially compared to Blood Money's mentally handicapped FBI agents, but it's fucking ridiculous.
Not to mention the whole segmentation of the maps...

Plus, the fuck was with the plot? Kinda seemed all over the place, and I don't recall ever getting an explanation as to how the Agency rebuilt itself to such massive resources after being whittled down to nothing but 47 and Diana in Blood Money...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-05-2014, 09:06 PM
(05-05-2014 05:54 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 05:43 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Wait for the One and get the new games during Christmas. Some seriously awesome games will be coming out (if you can afford it)

I don't think I can afford an Xbox One, if I get a next gen console it'll have to be a PS4.

So far there are two up and coming titles for next-gen that I really want... The Witcher 3, and Kingdom Come Deliverance... Unfortunately both are at least a year or more away.

Xbox One is only a hundred dollars extra and worth it. Trust me, I have one and tested both.

Who the fuck cares about an avatar mini game when I can multitask with added voice support, gesture support, facial recognition, an HDMI input to control your home entertainment system (or other consoles, yes, I can pay your PlayStation through my Xbox like a baws), and plenty other stuff.

PlayStation is a rip off, Xbox has everything and then some, there is no reason to get the PS4; we even have the new metal gear games now! And face it, Killzone blows.

Also, check out Watch Dogs, Middle Earth: Shadow of Modor, Dying Light and Destiny (when they come out of course)

Atir aissom atir imon
05-05-2014, 10:10 PM
(05-05-2014 09:06 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 05:54 PM)Sam Wrote:  I don't think I can afford an Xbox One, if I get a next gen console it'll have to be a PS4.

So far there are two up and coming titles for next-gen that I really want... The Witcher 3, and Kingdom Come Deliverance... Unfortunately both are at least a year or more away.

Xbox One is only a hundred dollars extra and worth it. Trust me, I have one and tested both.

Who the fuck cares about an avatar mini game when I can multitask with added voice support, gesture support, facial recognition, an HDMI input to control your home entertainment system (or other consoles, yes, I can pay your PlayStation through my Xbox like a baws), and plenty other stuff.

PlayStation is a rip off, Xbox has everything and then some, there is no reason to get the PS4; we even have the new metal gear games now! And face it, Killzone blows.

Also, check out Watch Dogs, Middle Earth: Shadow of Modor, Dying Light and Destiny (when they come out of course)

Some serious console fanboy worship there... Big Grin

"Console fanboy worship: The deluded belief that your console is superior, simply because you happen to own it..." - Albert Einstein, speaking at E3.

I'm not at all interested in voice commands, or facial recognition, or home entertainment shit... Not putting it down, but I have no use for that.

Call me old fashioned but it still pisses me off that I have to put batteries in the fucking controller.

But... There's only two reasons why I'd pick the Xbox One over the PS4... One being that I'm so used to the Xbox system and layout, and the second being the controller. The Xbox controller is many times better than the PS4 in terms of ergonomics, but its not as durable (I've broken two 360 controllers, but never broken a PS2 controller, and not through lack of trying).

The cost is the main thing... A few months ago, the Xbox was 100 pounds more than the PS4... That's nearly 200 dollars!

But, I've just compared the prices on Amazon, and the Xbox has come down a lot. There's now just 30 quid between them. So I might get that instead.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
05-05-2014, 11:31 PM
(05-05-2014 04:21 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 03:21 PM)djhall Wrote:  Well, there is this one called life. It has this great open world called outside...

I'm just teasing you. Tongue

Yeah, heard of that...

Unfortunately I hear its basically "pay to win"... Big Grin

nice.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-05-2014, 12:48 AM
(05-05-2014 10:10 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 09:06 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Xbox One is only a hundred dollars extra and worth it. Trust me, I have one and tested both.

Some serious console fanboy worship there... Big Grin

"Console fanboy worship: The deluded belief that your console is superior, simply because you happen to own it..." - Albert Einstein, speaking at E3.

I'm not at all interested in voice commands, or facial recognition, or home entertainment shit... Not putting it down, but I have no use for that.

Call me old fashioned but it still pisses me off that I have to put batteries in the fucking controller.

But... There's only two reasons why I'd pick the Xbox One over the PS4... One being that I'm so used to the Xbox system and layout, and the second being the controller. The Xbox controller is many times better than the PS4 in terms of ergonomics, but its not as durable (I've broken two 360 controllers, but never broken a PS2 controller, and not through lack of trying).

The cost is the main thing... A few months ago, the Xbox was 100 pounds more than the PS4... That's nearly 200 dollars!

But, I've just compared the prices on Amazon, and the Xbox has come down a lot. There's now just 30 quid between them. So I might get that instead.

If I'm not wrong, when you were still "Paranoid-Sam" you said you were exactly that around PC's: a bit paranoid. But I still suggest it. The chances of getting bored when you have a good enough PC (which really doesn't cost that much), a little money and the ability to take part in the Steam Summer Sale, are very small. I used to be annoyed and worried with my PC because it got infected all the time. That was before I stopped downloading anything I didn't trust, and before I understood that having a back-up harddrive allows me to save whatever I want while I start off clean again by just popping in the Windows 7 disk into the CD drive and waiting 40 minutes. It's more than fine to have the old console on the side when you wanna play what you want otherwise, like I do. But the reasoning behind getting a new console because of "exclusives" is dropping, considering that the exclusives are all gimmicky boring FPS games or shitty sports games that never changes. The only reason why I might want a Sony console is because Japanese RPG's are still made for it (although I think Square Enix is starting to go into the PC market too). Lastly, considering that you like the Xbox layout, it should be easy for you to fit in, considering that most big games ported to the PC come along with options where you can plug in an Xbox 360 controller and play the game pretty much as you used to.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-05-2014, 08:39 AM
(06-05-2014 12:48 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 10:10 PM)Sam Wrote:  Some serious console fanboy worship there... Big Grin

If I'm not wrong, when you were still "Paranoid-Sam" you said you were exactly that around PC's: a bit paranoid. But I still suggest it. The chances of getting bored when you have a good enough PC (which really doesn't cost that much), a little money and the ability to take part in the Steam Summer Sale, are very small. I used to be annoyed and worried with my PC because it got infected all the time. That was before I stopped downloading anything I didn't trust, and before I understood that having a back-up harddrive allows me to save whatever I want while I start off clean again by just popping in the Windows 7 disk into the CD drive and waiting 40 minutes. It's more than fine to have the old console on the side when you wanna play what you want otherwise, like I do. But the reasoning behind getting a new console because of "exclusives" is dropping, considering that the exclusives are all gimmicky boring FPS games or shitty sports games that never changes. The only reason why I might want a Sony console is because Japanese RPG's are still made for it (although I think Square Enix is starting to go into the PC market too). Lastly, considering that you like the Xbox layout, it should be easy for you to fit in, considering that most big games ported to the PC come along with options where you can plug in an Xbox 360 controller and play the game pretty much as you used to.

The thing that makes me hasitant about PC gaming is that I've had so many let downs in the past... Games that wouldn't work, and frankly I just couldn't be arsed finding out why. So I drifted onto consoles because the games are made for the platform, so no need to keep upgrading, and if it doesn't work then its probably a faulty disk.

And I also found that keeping a PC up to date in order to play the latest stuff to be very expensive.

But, its also the way you play... I always prefer to sit in my big, comfy leather chair and play games though my big TV with a shit load of beer. The games I like to play on PC tend to be simulators, or strategy games... Like FS2004, and Silent Hunter 3. With those I need to be sober and up close to the screen. Big Grin

I do like the idea of mods though... Don't have the chops to do it myself, but I would like to try some of the Skyrim mods on PC.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
06-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Hmmm,
You seem to have a similar taste in games to me, if you're looking at next gen, these look good.

I think that's also coming out on the ps3 and xbox360

This one,

Is a ps4 exclusive.

If you want something older that you can pick up cheaply, which has meat on the bones, story wise, how about Dragon ago 1 & 2? (1 is better)

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post