Suggest some games to try.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: Suggest some games to try.
(05-05-2014 04:40 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 04:21 PM)Sam Wrote:  Yeah, heard of that...

Unfortunately I hear its basically "pay to win"... Big Grin

Though the graphics are usually stunning Big Grin

Yeah, but the gameplay is terrible. Grinding out level seems like an interminable job and you only get stronger up to a certain level, then you start weakening. Despite all this grinding, most players have very little to show for it, and no one finishes the game alive.

Tongue

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
06-05-2014, 09:06 AM
(06-05-2014 08:55 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Hmmm,
You seem to have a similar taste in games to me, if you're looking at next gen, these look good.

I think that's also coming out on the ps3 and xbox360

This one,

Is a ps4 exclusive.

If you want something older that you can pick up cheaply, which has meat on the bones, story wise, how about Dragon ago 1 & 2? (1 is better)

Watchdogs looks really interesting actually...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2014, 09:07 AM
(06-05-2014 09:00 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 04:40 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Though the graphics are usually stunning Big Grin

Yeah, but the gameplay is terrible. Grinding out level seems like an interminable job and you only get stronger up to a certain level, then you start weakening. Despite all this grinding, most players have very little to show for it, and no one finishes the game alive.

Tongue

There's a cool cheat though! If you get baptized, you unlock 'god mode'! Laugh out load

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
06-05-2014, 09:11 AM
(06-05-2014 09:07 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 09:00 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Yeah, but the gameplay is terrible. Grinding out level seems like an interminable job and you only get stronger up to a certain level, then you start weakening. Despite all this grinding, most players have very little to show for it, and no one finishes the game alive.

Tongue

There's a cool cheat though! If you get baptized, you unlock 'god mode'! Laugh out load

I think that's actually a bug...

Causes NPCs to blow themselves up and kill each other for no reason... Breaks the immersion a bit.

I'm hoping it'll be patched eventually.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post
06-05-2014, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 09:51 AM by Im_Ryan.)
(05-05-2014 10:10 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 09:06 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Xbox One is only a hundred dollars extra and worth it. Trust me, I have one and tested both.

Who the fuck cares about an avatar mini game when I can multitask with added voice support, gesture support, facial recognition, an HDMI input to control your home entertainment system (or other consoles, yes, I can pay your PlayStation through my Xbox like a baws), and plenty other stuff.

PlayStation is a rip off, Xbox has everything and then some, there is no reason to get the PS4; we even have the new metal gear games now! And face it, Killzone blows.

Also, check out Watch Dogs, Middle Earth: Shadow of Modor, Dying Light and Destiny (when they come out of course)

Some serious console fanboy worship there... Big Grin

"Console fanboy worship: The deluded belief that your console is superior, simply because you happen to own it..." - Albert Einstein, speaking at E3.

I'm not at all interested in voice commands, or facial recognition, or home entertainment shit... Not putting it down, but I have no use for that.

Call me old fashioned but it still pisses me off that I have to put batteries in the fucking controller.

But... There's only two reasons why I'd pick the Xbox One over the PS4... One being that I'm so used to the Xbox system and layout, and the second being the controller. The Xbox controller is many times better than the PS4 in terms of ergonomics, but its not as durable (I've broken two 360 controllers, but never broken a PS2 controller, and not through lack of trying).

The cost is the main thing... A few months ago, the Xbox was 100 pounds more than the PS4... That's nearly 200 dollars!

But, I've just compared the prices on Amazon, and the Xbox has come down a lot. There's now just 30 quid between them. So I might get that instead.

It's not fanboy worship, it's just more for your money. I love Sony products, but the Xbox is just better. The 360 vs PS3 really came down to a matter of opinion, but the One vs PS4 is no contest. I mean, I can control my tv and cable through my Xbox, plus with multitasking I no longer have to choose between watching my favorite tv show and playing games with my friends; I do both! Need a guide for your game? Browse the internet and pull it up on your Xbox so have side by side comparison. It also has built in game recording and rendering software at no extra charge. Now tell me, what does the PS4 have? Tongue

Plus, I technically own both. I mean, I personally bought the One, but another family member bought the PS4. At the moment, we both play the 360 though, because the PS3 broke and there's no good games out for next-gen...yet Tongue

Also, back onto the topic of games, I just made a list of games that I'm looking into/preordered for next-gen consoles. Check it out, you might like some of them Big Grin

Italicized = interesting, Bold = Favorite, Underlined = Preordered

Watch Dogs - 5/27/14
Elder Scrolls Online - 6/30/14
Sniper Elite 3 - 7/01/14
Destiny - 9/09/14
The Crew - 9/30/14

10/07/14:
Shadow of Modor
Alien: Isolation
Dragon Age: Inquisition

12-31-14:
Dying Light
Evolve
AC Unity

TBA:
Minecraft
The Witcher 3 - 02/15
The Division
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Atir aissom atir imon
06-05-2014, 09:33 AM
(06-05-2014 09:11 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 09:07 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  There's a cool cheat though! If you get baptized, you unlock 'god mode'! Laugh out load

Causes NPCs to blow themselves up and kill each other for no reason... Breaks the immersion a bit.

Only if you're the Arabic class, or get hacked by one. You gotta keep your intelligence at least +50 to avoid it.

Atir aissom atir imon
06-05-2014, 09:35 AM
(06-05-2014 09:11 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 09:07 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  There's a cool cheat though! If you get baptized, you unlock 'god mode'! Laugh out load

Is that right? It's a bug? Who knew? I always thought they were just shit players who didn't realise they had no continues! ... it all makes sense now Consider

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
06-05-2014, 09:39 AM
(05-05-2014 06:45 PM)Charis Wrote:  We should ALL join Second Life, and have a building where we all meet... have events, etc, etc.... I could learn to do the 3D designing, and Jasozz can probably do a bit of code for our more special stuff. Tongue

I once had a job that required me to develop for Second Life. It was pretty cool. I created a large framework over 2 1/2 years. You could do things like check who was on an island using your mobile phone and send them messages via Skype or Twitter and they could reply. I created an in-world surveillance system to track people surreptitiously and record what they said, much like a Second Life version of the NSA.

I always had a Tiny avatar (a Fizzlepop dragon or a bird). I came up with a theory once that while everyone had avatars that looked like super models because it was what they aspired to, people with Tiny avatars were super models in real life looking for something different.
06-05-2014, 09:45 AM

Would it help me get past the glass ceiling? I can't find a way round it.
06-05-2014, 09:48 AM
(06-05-2014 09:39 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I always had a Tiny avatar (a Fizzlepop dragon or a bird). I came up with a theory once that while everyone had avatars that looked like super models because it was what they aspired to, people with Tiny avatars were super models in real life looking for something different.

That's deep

Atir aissom atir imon