Suggest the Best Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Suggest the Best Books
Friends!

Suggest the Best Books on Understanding- Philosophy and Atheism Vs Theism (Debate)..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: Suggest the Best Books
Too broad. Please refine your criteria. What's your goal in asking the question? That might help generate appropriate answers.

Doc
Find all posts by this user
11-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Yeah, if you give me more specifics I can help. I read books all of the time on the topic of atheism. One of them is in my picture by me name Big Grin
11-02-2014, 01:45 PM
No matter what you are looking for the Demon Haunted World is a must.
[+] 2 users Like donotwant's post
11-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Just read the Bible, you'll be an atheist before you hit Deuteronomy.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 5 users Like Sam's post
11-02-2014, 06:07 PM
(11-02-2014 02:13 AM)khushko Wrote:  Friends!

Suggest the Best Books on Understanding- Philosophy and Atheism Vs Theism (Debate)..

I recommend "God is Not Great, How Religion Poisons Everything" by Christopher Hitchens.

Hitchens, always the craftsman with words, never talked down to his readers, rather his work requires one to have a good vocabulary and a quick mind. He had a wonderful habit of citing everything he mentions by name and author so that one may do private research on any subject he happens to mention.

Hitchens was a force of nature in an argument. His quick rebuttals often left his opponents completely at a loss for words, which became known casually as a "hitchslap". To argue against him with weak points, or incorrect ones, was an absolute guarantee of humiliation. His excellent arguments are laid out in full in his book.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
11-02-2014, 06:58 PM
You could try reading mine Smile

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
11-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Did Hitchens ever do any Audio books, I find little spare time for reading, podcasts and audible in the car is where its at for me now.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
11-02-2014, 10:30 PM
(11-02-2014 08:36 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Too broad. Please refine your criteria. What's your goal in asking the question? That might help generate appropriate answers.

Doc

Right..
I have studied the Religion and a little about Philosophy and became Agnostic.. But, the problem is, when I argue with Fundamentalists, I lack 'Proofs' to prove that "There is No God..!!"
Genuinely, I'm SCIENTIFICALLY ILLITERATE .. Undecided
11-02-2014, 10:54 PM
(11-02-2014 07:02 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Did Hitchens ever do any Audio books, I find little spare time for reading, podcasts and audible in the car is where its at for me now.

Yes, I have God is Not Great, and he reads it.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me