Suggestion.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Suggestion.
For the clever forum team people who know stuff...

Is it possible (technically) to add functionality that allows a response to a Rep, within the Rep section?

It would be nice to be able to thank people semi-publicly and would also keep some... erm... messy stuff off the main threads.

A yes or no will suffice.

Thanks.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-04-2013, 02:46 AM
RE: Suggestion.
Yes, it's technically possible.

But No. Its not worth the effort by a long shot.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I like the idea of public kudos however.

DLJ I'd like to publicly thank you for such a great idea Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
01-04-2013, 01:15 PM
(01-04-2013 01:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I like the idea of public kudos however.

... and I'd like to publicly thank you for thanking me.

01-04-2013, 01:22 PM
(01-04-2013 01:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 01:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I like the idea of public kudos however.

... and I'd like to publicly thank you for thanking me.

...and I'd like to publicly thank you for thanking me for thanking you and I'm stopping this now Tongue Sorry.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
(01-04-2013 01:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 01:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... and I'd like to publicly thank you for thanking me.

...and I'd like to publicly thank you for thanking me for thanking you and I'm stopping this now Tongue Sorry.

Oh good.

I was afraid we'd have some sort of infinite regression of thanks going on here...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
01-04-2013, 03:48 PM
(01-04-2013 03:22 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 01:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  ...and I'd like to publicly thank you for thanking me for thanking you and I'm stopping this now Tongue Sorry.

Oh good.

I was afraid we'd have some sort of infinite regression of thanks going on here...

Well, it would have been more entertaining than the Countdown to 15000 thread.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
01-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Hmm... I have an idea Dodgy no, really... it might even be useful, sorta.

If the doable, albeit unacceptable alteration to the system isn't a happening thing.... how about a star sticky'd, Reputation Appreciation thread? Call it a workaround to make up for the apathetic, ill attendance of the powers that be... one might think we'd be used to not having a god provide for our desires. Angel

Copy what was said and then reply... all in a simple thread. I don't often notice my rep until I see someone mention it in a thread. Or if I'm snooping in someone's user profile. Wink

If I see it popping up as an active thread, I and others might be more often reminded of community.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-04-2013, 01:10 AM
(01-04-2013 03:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 03:22 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh good.

Well, it would have been more entertaining than the Countdown to 15000 thread.Dodgy

I suppose it would be. Consider

Thanks, Chas.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
06-04-2013, 08:20 AM
(01-04-2013 01:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 01:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... and I'd like to publicly thank you for thanking me.

Thank you for stopping.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user