Suggestion: Let us see if people have quoted us in threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: Suggestion: Let us see if people have quoted us in threads
(09-04-2013 11:01 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  What about when a person mentions you and you've never stepped foot in that thread, how is one to ever know? What about then, huh? Or if you accidentally miss a whole page and a hot and tantalizing conversation happened all about you in that one page. What about then? huh? huh?

I can almost guarantee no one has ever said anything hot and tantalizing about you.

And,

I just lied in my prior statement.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2013 12:09 PM by Luminon.)
RE: Suggestion: Let us see if people have quoted us in threads
My most favorite function on every forum is backtracking the threads that I have posted in, to see if anyone else posted in them. Not necessarily a quote or reply to me, just an update.
It is really the first thing I did every time I logged in, and about 20 times a day actually.*

The option before still sucked, I had to type my nick into the search system. Now even this makeshift search option is gone. I ask, what the hell are the programmers or mods doing? How comes they don't know such a useful function?

Subscribing sucks. I don't want dozens of notice messages, I want a list of threads I've ever posted in, sorted by time and marked if anyone else posted in them - and who. Just like it was, only better, a direct button.

We have so many halfway useless features here, new posts, today's posts, live chat... and other inadequate replacements for the backtrack search. All I ever used were the new posts and backtracking - I don't really look through sections, never have.

*) So it was you, spinning the server hard drives all over, combing the database every five minutes?!

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
17-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Suggestion: Let us see if people have quoted us in threads
(17-04-2013 11:27 AM)Luminon Wrote:  My most favorite function on every forum is backtracking the threads that I have posted in, to see if anyone else posted in them. Not necessarily a quote or reply to me, just an update.
It is really the first thing I did every time I logged in, and about 20 times a day actually.*

The option before still sucked, I had to type my nick into the search system. Now even this makeshift search option is gone. I ask, what the hell are the programmers or mods doing? How comes they don't know such a useful function?

Subscribing sucks. I don't want dozens of notice messages, I want a list of threads I've ever posted in, sorted by time and marked if anyone else posted in them - and who. Just like it was, only better, a direct button.

We have so many halfway useless features here, new posts, today's posts, live chat... and other inadequate replacements for the backtrack search. All I ever used were the new posts and backtracking - I don't really look through sections, never have.

*) So it was you, spinning the server hard drives all over, combing the database every five minutes?!

*cough* Tapatalk *cough*
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post