Suggestion: Let us see if people have quoted us in threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: Suggestion: Let us see if people have quoted us in threads
(09-04-2013 11:01 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  What about when a person mentions you and you've never stepped foot in that thread, how is one to ever know? What about then, huh? Or if you accidentally miss a whole page and a hot and tantalizing conversation happened all about you in that one page. What about then? huh? huh?

I can almost guarantee no one has ever said anything hot and tantalizing about you.

And,

I just lied in my prior statement.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2013 12:09 PM by Luminon.)
RE: Suggestion: Let us see if people have quoted us in threads
My most favorite function on every forum is backtracking the threads that I have posted in, to see if anyone else posted in them. Not necessarily a quote or reply to me, just an update.
It is really the first thing I did every time I logged in, and about 20 times a day actually.*

The option before still sucked, I had to type my nick into the search system. Now even this makeshift search option is gone. I ask, what the hell are the programmers or mods doing? How comes they don't know such a useful function?

Subscribing sucks. I don't want dozens of notice messages, I want a list of threads I've ever posted in, sorted by time and marked if anyone else posted in them - and who. Just like it was, only better, a direct button.

We have so many halfway useless features here, new posts, today's posts, live chat... and other inadequate replacements for the backtrack search. All I ever used were the new posts and backtracking - I don't really look through sections, never have.

*) So it was you, spinning the server hard drives all over, combing the database every five minutes?!

17-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Suggestion: Let us see if people have quoted us in threads
(17-04-2013 11:27 AM)Luminon Wrote:  My most favorite function on every forum is backtracking the threads that I have posted in, to see if anyone else posted in them. Not necessarily a quote or reply to me, just an update.
It is really the first thing I did every time I logged in, and about 20 times a day actually.*

The option before still sucked, I had to type my nick into the search system. Now even this makeshift search option is gone. I ask, what the hell are the programmers or mods doing? How comes they don't know such a useful function?

Subscribing sucks. I don't want dozens of notice messages, I want a list of threads I've ever posted in, sorted by time and marked if anyone else posted in them - and who. Just like it was, only better, a direct button.

We have so many halfway useless features here, new posts, today's posts, live chat... and other inadequate replacements for the backtrack search. All I ever used were the new posts and backtracking - I don't really look through sections, never have.

*) So it was you, spinning the server hard drives all over, combing the database every five minutes?!

*cough* Tapatalk *cough*
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Should there be a time limit for threads. Metazoa Zeke 21 205 23-05-2014 08:42 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  A thread for people with an interest in things that are green. Sam 25 388 18-04-2014 09:01 PM
Last Post: DeepThought
  A thread for people who never post in any threads. Raptor Jesus 22 339 16-04-2014 09:10 PM
Last Post: Cephalotus
  A thread of the people, by the people, for the people Tartarus Sauce 4 127 16-04-2014 04:49 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  There is waaaaayyy to many sticky threads Magoo 64 782 22-03-2014 10:23 AM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Suggestion for new subforum LostandInsecure 45 465 14-03-2014 04:24 PM
Last Post: Atothetheist
  Limit on new threads - probationary period devilsadvoc8 0 56 12-03-2014 06:57 PM
Last Post: devilsadvoc8