Suggestions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Suggestions?
Is it possible to make a mobile version of this site?
Increase the size of your signature
Live chat box
Big Grin

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2011, 08:36 PM
RE: Suggestions?
The mobile version already exists though I haven't put too much effort into it. Since mobile users would mostly want to read rather than write. Also the small screen and fewer people would use it. It's just my time is better spent on other stuff that benefits more people.

The chat/shoutbox is coming! I had many requests for it. I'm sorting out the details and it will be about 1 month of weekends - development time.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
16-06-2011, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 01:00 AM by Efrx86.)
Does this forum support spoiler tags? It would be a nice thing to have.

By the way, since the OP brought it up, please keep signatures small... I've seen some forums where signatures aren't that limited and it's a disaster; having to scroll a lot through pictures and text walls in signatures to be able to read any actual content while using a netbook ain't pleasant at all.

(for the record: yes, I could disable seeing signatures altogether, but some signatures are quite good, and people may update their signatures and add useful or interesting stuff)

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
16-06-2011, 01:08 AM
I use my mobile quite well, though I've passed lengthy discussions or waited until I was at the computer. Yay for a shout box, there has been a couple times I've wanted to use one, mainly to gripe about a ridiculous FB comment from religious people, ha ha. Not enough for a post but enough to want to share the cringe, lol.
16-06-2011, 01:10 AM
(13-06-2011 02:28 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  Is it possible to make a mobile version of this site?
Increase the size of your signature
Live chat box
Big Grin

You want to increase the size of your signature??

If anything, I'd ask that you make it smaller, since it already takes up half my screen.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
17-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I will apply a filter to new pictures in the signature, and limit it to <x> characters.. Haven't decided on a character limit yet.

I'm thinking I'll give myself Super-Mod permissions again.. Easier to deal with spam.. Reported message thing pops up and I can't deal with it right away :/

The spoiler tags - I'll implement it this weekend and post the details on how it works in a new thread.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
18-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Can you delete your thread?

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
18-06-2011, 02:22 PM
(18-06-2011 02:01 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  Can you delete your thread?

Nope.

Just visiting.

-SR