Suggestions from deconverted Christians please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2016, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016 03:33 AM by tycoondon.)
Suggestions from deconverted Christians please
I'm a long time lurker but I created an account to get some input from you guys. I'm looking to start a blog to try and help Christians who are questioning. I was there two years ago and have spent the better part of 18 months getting through it all. And I found that there were a lot of resources out there for those that have been deconverted for a while. And there are a lot of "flame thrower" type sites that lampoon or get hyper-aggressive with Christians. What I'm looking to do is engage the ones that want to think about stuff in the Bible and compare it to reality and I want to do it very non-offensively.

I'm NOT trying to be the next Seth Andrews. Seth does topical, interesting material about things in the news or relationship issues between believers and non-believers or deconversion stories or the truth behind Christmas traditions and stuff like that. I'm specifically looking to scrutinize Bible passages in ways Christians have likely never heard or thought of and that is going to be my narrow niche.

To engage truth-seeking Christians, not only will the content stay "just the facts" but I don't even want the site name to be offputting. I want it to describe what the type of content is without being too presumptuous or offensive.

For instance, I think something like TheTruthAboutChristianity.com is a bit presumptuous AND offputting. Nobody has total truth. And it also looks like a "gotcha" site that is going to tell Christians "my truth" and would repel them rather than attract them.

Another example is ChallengingChristianity.com is less "in your face" than ConfrontingChristianity.com or ScrutinizingChristianity.com.

But even those words or concepts might be offputting. I don't pander to Christians with persecution complexes and I am not trying to soft-pedal the message. But I am trying to get people who, while they might be seeking, will have been conditioned by their churches to see anything as a reason to build walls and I want to give them no excuses.

So if anyone has any thoughts on what the "sweet spot" might be here or if you have a suggestion of something clever or a play on words, that would be great too. But something merely descriptive, inoffensive, and not presumptious is what I'm going for.

I hope you'll help me. I want to help "spread the word" that Christianity is not true in my own way. There is a growing chorus out there that is becoming too loud for the remaining believers to ignore and will reach critical mass soon. I want to do whatever little part I can to aid in the effort. Thanks.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2016, 02:46 AM
RE: Suggestions from deconverted Christians please
(26-11-2016 02:31 AM)tycoondon Wrote:  ...
But I am trying to get people who, while they might be seeking, will have been conditioned by their churches to see anything as a reason to build walls

Welcome to TTA.

I'd suggest Tear Down That Wall but you'll get a very different crowd.

Consider

Or maybe the same crowd.

Unsure

26-11-2016, 03:35 AM
RE: Suggestions from deconverted Christians please
(26-11-2016 02:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 02:31 AM)tycoondon Wrote:  ...
But I am trying to get people who, while they might be seeking, will have been conditioned by their churches to see anything as a reason to build walls

Welcome to TTA.

I'd suggest Tear Down That Wall but you'll get a very different crowd.

Consider

Or maybe the same crowd.

Unsure

That's actually a great suggestion. Thanks for that. It's going on the consideration list.