Suicide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: Suicide
Sartre has saved my sorry ass more than once. Like many many times more than once.

“The absurd man will not commit suicide; he wants to live, without relinquishing any of his certainty, without a future, without hope, without illusions … and without resignation either. He stares at death with passionate attention and this fascination liberates him. He experiences the “divine irresponsibility” of the condemned man.” - Sartre

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-08-2014, 10:18 PM
(07-08-2014 11:07 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Umm this is not good. I'm super stressed out and my heart hurts from the stress. I don't know what to do I have nobody to be with. Should I self harm or just end it?

Do not kill yourself, and please do not harm yourself. Stress sucks. It sounds like you have extreme anxiety. Have you spoken with a therapist or counsellor? They can help you more than you know. *Hugs*
13-08-2014, 10:22 PM
(13-08-2014 10:18 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 11:07 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Umm this is not good. I'm super stressed out and my heart hurts from the stress. I don't know what to do I have nobody to be with. Should I self harm or just end it?

Do not kill yourself, and please do not harm yourself. Stress sucks. It sounds like you have extreme anxiety. Have you spoken with a therapist or counsellor? They can help you more than you know. *Hugs*

I did speak with them. I'm feeling better, I'm okay now not suicidal just kinda depressed with cuts all over my wrists but I'm not thinking about taking my life
[+] 5 users Like Dustinstig's post
13-08-2014, 10:32 PM
(13-08-2014 10:22 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 10:18 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Do not kill yourself, and please do not harm yourself. Stress sucks. It sounds like you have extreme anxiety. Have you spoken with a therapist or counsellor? They can help you more than you know. *Hugs*

I did speak with them. I'm feeling better, I'm okay now not suicidal just kinda depressed with cuts all over my wrists but I'm not thinking about taking my life

I am happy to hear that, Dustinstig. Good for you for speaking with someone! Depression is tough. I've been there a few times, but it does get better. Sometimes all it takes a change of scenery or a walk with a good friend.

I hope that you continue to speak to someone.
13-08-2014, 11:07 PM
(13-08-2014 10:18 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Do not kill yourself, and please do not harm yourself. Stress sucks. It sounds like you have extreme anxiety. Have you spoken with a therapist or counsellor? They can help you more than you know. *Hugs*

Glad to hear you're doing better

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
14-08-2014, 12:02 AM

Life is like a road, but it's not a highway we can look down and see whats coming, it's a collection of blind corners that we can't hope to see around and sometimes it's good stuff and sometimes it is bad stuff, but when we step off the road and refuse to keep walking you remove the chance of ever getting anywhere good.

Keep walking my friend, a lot of us are on the same road and we are right there beside you. Hug
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
26-08-2014, 12:49 PM
I'm not very good today I had a fight with a friend and I feel bad, the self harming is high
26-08-2014, 12:59 PM
(26-08-2014 12:49 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I'm not very good today I had a fight with a friend and I feel bad, the self harming is high

Hey Dustin

It's understandable to be upset but harming yourself isn't going to help. Can you get out for walk or someting similar to try and clear your head? Is there someone you can call and speak to?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
26-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Not really not anyone I trust
26-08-2014, 01:09 PM
(26-08-2014 01:03 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Not really not anyone I trust

Try a suicide hotline. They often will speak to people who aren't suicidal. It's an anonymous way to talk things out.

National Suicide Prevention
1-800-273-8255

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post