Suicide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Suicide
Whatever you do don't keep thinking about it, find something to do that makes you feel better, and if you can't feel better than find something that makes you angry, as long as you aren't dwelling on it and making yourself miserable.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2014, 01:33 PM
(26-08-2014 01:03 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Not really not anyone I trust

Trust us, vent here. Use this place as a way to unleash all of the feelings that are making you want to hurt yourself. We don't want you hurting yourself, so we're all here for you if you need a shoulder, some advice, or just someone to listen to you. Most of all, try to find an activity that gets your mind off of the situation with your friend. Resort to your favorite movie and or listen to old music you used to love.
26-08-2014, 02:16 PM
(26-08-2014 01:33 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 01:03 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Not really not anyone I trust

Trust us, vent here. Use this place as a way to unleash all of the feelings that are making you want to hurt yourself. We don't want you hurting yourself, so we're all here for you if you need a shoulder, some advice, or just someone to listen to you. Most of all, try to find an activity that gets your mind off of the situation with your friend. Resort to your favorite movie and or listen to old music you used to love.

I have a major problem with shy ness and I'm confused about my sexuality pm me if you want me to talk in more detail
26-08-2014, 02:24 PM
(800) 366-8288 S.A.F.E. Alternatives Hotline - they should be able to hook you up with someone who deals specifically in cutting and self harm

Please take the following as friendly advice, not professional. Any professional advice needs to come directly from YOUR therapist. You need to find a mental health professional you enjoy talking to and trust and who you can call when you're nearing a crisis - taking an antidepressant is obviously not sufficient for you, at this point.

Cutting is a coping mechanism - a way to handle stress. It helps to figure out why you cut. Is it because you're having trouble expressing emotion? To calm yourself? To vent anger? Because you feel disconnected or numb?

Some introspection is necessary to find a better coping mechanism. If you're pissed off, telling you to take a cold shower isn't going to help. If you're feeling disconnected - a cold shower COULD help.

So, if it's having trouble expressing your emotions (I have a LOT of trouble recognizing my own emotions, so this is how I figure myself out) - play music. If I'm needing calm music, many times I'm not annoyed by calm like Ari Hest and Dave Matthews. If I'm pissed off, I'll feel better after listening to hard rock but calm music will just piss me off more - "turn that colbie callait bullshit off or I'm gonna fucking break the stereo!!!" If I'm feeling upset and can't figure out where my head is, I'll put on something like nine inch nails. Sometimes it helps me to draw or paint.

Let's say you're having trouble calming yourself and are really anxious. Light some incense from a head shop, wrap your body in a warm towel from the dryer, play some relaxing music, do some yoga, and/or take a hot bath. I'll also read - I usually pick a girly romance novel because I know it has a happy ending and is filled with fluff to get my mind off things.

When I'm so pissed off I'm seeing red, I do hill sprints and/or run up/down flights of stairs until I am so physically drained I can't do anymore or I break down crying thus releasing the emotion. I prefer hills to something flat because I feel like I'm conquering it, repeatedly, and I feel the burn much faster and more pronounced.

My husband will put in Shaun T's insanity fast and furious workout DVD. If the first time through doesn't kick his ass, he will follow it up with a run and/or max rep pull-ups.

When my brother was in high school, one of his methods was using a punching bag. You'll feel the sting on your hands and get to beat the shit out of something - might not be a bad idea for you.

If I'm sad - reading or watching a movie or standup comedy helps take my mind off things. So does scrubbing the tub, kitchen sink and floors. Sometimes cooking helps - I've become a damn good cook as a result.

If you have to have to have to can't fight the urge need the cutting sensation, try running over the sites with ice and the edge of a spoon.

You can overcome this! Thumbsup

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
26-08-2014, 04:23 PM
I think Nurse's post above has some great advice. This is also not professional advice, but personal. I think it is really helpful to identify why you are cutting- what is the benefit to you. I did cut myself once in my life. For me the benefit was that the pain demanded all my attention. Somehow the cutting pain felt clean and pure compared to the fear and guilt I was feeling the rest of the time. While the cutting pain lasted I was completely caught up in it and all the other emotional pains I felt disappeared. When I stopped cutting those pains came back, so the solution was to cut again. I got past it. I have not deliberately cut myself since 1996. Finding another, less self destructive way of temporarily suppressing the other pains you feel is good place to begin getting past your current situation. For this Nurse's (and other folks) advice is great.

Ultimately the cutting will only ever be a short term fix and you sound like you need long term solutions. I wish I knew more about you, so far it seems you are 17, hate yourself, don't have any friends, see yourself as overweight, useless and unlovable. All these things can change. Your perceptions of yourself can change. Why don't you have friends (never mind the gf bit for now)? What is so bad about yourself that you deserve your own hatred?

Man, you are bringing back so many memories of myself at 17. I wish I could help you more. Reading your posts breaks my heart.

Hang in there. Really, it does get better. If I had ended things at 17, then I would have missed out on so much. Stuff I could never imagine happening to me when I was 17 and I thought I was a waste of human flesh. At 21 I qualified as a nurse. At 23 I moved to a new continent. Met my wife at 26. I was so used to women not being attracted to me by this point I did not even notice that they were actually flirting with me. Married at 27. First child at 33, second at 36. It is not always easy, but it is worthwhile. There is no reason that, should you choose to live, your life could not follow a similar or even better path. But only if you choose to live it.
26-08-2014, 04:38 PM
(26-08-2014 04:23 PM)GodlessRN Wrote:  I think Nurse's post above has some great advice. This is also not professional advice, but personal. I think it is really helpful to identify why you are cutting- what is the benefit to you. I did cut myself once in my life. For me the benefit was that the pain demanded all my attention. Somehow the cutting pain felt clean and pure compared to the fear and guilt I was feeling the rest of the time. While the cutting pain lasted I was completely caught up in it and all the other emotional pains I felt disappeared. When I stopped cutting those pains came back, so the solution was to cut again. I got past it. I have not deliberately cut myself since 1996. Finding another, less self destructive way of temporarily suppressing the other pains you feel is good place to begin getting past your current situation. For this Nurse's (and other folks) advice is great.

Ultimately the cutting will only ever be a short term fix and you sound like you need long term solutions. I wish I knew more about you, so far it seems you are 17, hate yourself, don't have any friends, see yourself as overweight, useless and unlovable. All these things can change. Your perceptions of yourself can change. Why don't you have friends (never mind the gf bit for now)? What is so bad about yourself that you deserve your own hatred?

Man, you are bringing back so many memories of myself at 17. I wish I could help you more. Reading your posts breaks my heart.

Hang in there. Really, it does get better. If I had ended things at 17, then I would have missed out on so much. Stuff I could never imagine happening to me when I was 17 and I thought I was a waste of human flesh. At 21 I qualified as a nurse. At 23 I moved to a new continent. Met my wife at 26. I was so used to women not being attracted to me by this point I did not even notice that they were actually flirting with me. Married at 27. First child at 33, second at 36. It is not always easy, but it is worthwhile. There is no reason that, should you choose to live, your life could not follow a similar or even better path. But only if you choose to live it.

I see
26-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Life sucks
26-08-2014, 05:32 PM
(26-08-2014 05:18 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Life sucks

It isn't all it seems at seventeen.

Wait it out. Give those hormones a chance to get in balance.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Agreed with Girly! That song reminds me of me as a teen too.

You won't believe how utterly things will change once you get out of that teenage space.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-08-2014, 06:25 PM
I was cutting Sad