Suicide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: Suicide
(07-08-2014 11:32 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 11:21 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Hi Dustin - No you should not harm yourself or end it. Stress does come and go as MSBB said. Is there a suicide hotline in your area that you can call?

I'm not sure there is the national number I can call

Try the number MSBB posted. Talk to someone there and they can steer you in the right direction (either talking to someone there or regionally.) I think you'll find that many other people feel the same way.

Suicide Hotline - Tel: 1.800.SUICIDE (784.2433)

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 11:39 AM
(07-08-2014 11:35 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Or try this...

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

You can chat online or phone them.

I don't want to go to the hospital though
07-08-2014, 11:42 AM
(07-08-2014 11:39 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  

Call and talk to them. They may not ask for much personal information.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
07-08-2014, 11:45 AM
(07-08-2014 11:42 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 11:39 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I don't want to go to the hospital though

Call and talk to them. They may not ask for much personal information.

I'm so shy, ill chat when the chat is online I went online and checked and the chat is not available. I'm glad people are talking to me though.
07-08-2014, 11:47 AM
(07-08-2014 11:39 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  

You call, you talk and they listen. Usually you end up feeling better.

I called them a few times when I was around 13-14...they helped.

I didn't feel so alone afterward.

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside,
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive -- Badlands; Bruce Springsteen

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-08-2014, 11:52 AM
(07-08-2014 11:45 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 11:42 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Call and talk to them. They may not ask for much personal information.

I'm so shy, ill chat when the chat is online I went online and checked and the chat is not available. I'm glad people are talking to me though.

They're used to shy people and people having difficulty talking in general so give them a call and try.

Is the a Samartians suicide prevention group in your area? Check on line. They often have a service for teens but they can assist you in any case.

David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
07-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Just hang in there, talk to someone at the suicide line (you can stay anonymous) and don't be applying permanent solutions to temporary problems.

Many of us have been where you are, me too.

To think all the things I would have missed out on... so glad I got over it and ended up enjoying life.

17 - you almost made it through the teenage years - the hardest ones. Please go talk to someone...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-08-2014, 12:02 PM
(07-08-2014 11:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  Just hang in there, talk to someone at the suicide line (you can stay anonymous) and don't be applying permanent solutions to temporary problems.

To think all the things I would have missed out on... so glad I got over it and ended up enjoying life.

17 - you almost made it through the teenage years - the hardest ones. Please go talk to someone...

I suck I can't get a gf
07-08-2014, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 12:10 PM by Mathilda.)
(07-08-2014 11:07 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Umm this is not good. I'm super stressed out and my heart hurts from the stress. I don't know what to do I have nobody to be with. Should I self harm or just end it?

(07-08-2014 11:22 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I have ADHD and depression to. I'm overweight and I have no friends I can count on. I self harm and my parents reject me because I'm atheist

You are at a stage in your life where everything can be turned upside down. You're 17 and are starting your adult life. Growing up means changing as a person which also means potentially losing childhood friends. Your parents are rejecting you because you are an atheist, but they probably still see you as a child and think that they still have control over you (parents can have real trouble letting go).

My own experience of depression was that I got trapped into a cycle of thinking negative thoughts, dwelling on negative experiences and becoming more depressed as a result. Shyness is also a self propagating cycle in that you avoid social situations and this erodes your self confidence.

Stress comes from a lack of control, or at least the perception of it. Consequently self harm, suicidal thoughts, anorexia etc, are many different ways in which people try to get some control over their lives.

But you do actually have control, you may just not realise it yet. You can move out, start a new life and remove the stressors in your current life. You can start looking after your health, start exercising, eating healthily etc. Eventually this will break the cycle of depression, your confidence will grow and you can make new friends. Eventually your parents will have to accept you for who you are.

You may need to wait a bit before you can start taking control, but in the meantime you can start making plans. Whatever your situation, you don't have to be trapped like this for the rest of your life if you don't want to be.

The trick is to start thinking of the future, not the present or the past.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
07-08-2014, 12:07 PM
(07-08-2014 12:02 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 11:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  Just hang in there, talk to someone at the suicide line (you can stay anonymous) and don't be applying permanent solutions to temporary problems.

I suck I can't get a gf

Many of us have felt that way. You're in a tough phase of life.

David Hume