Suicide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: Suicide
(10-09-2014 10:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 10:29 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I'm not doing good right now

Take it easy Dustin. I didn't even go on a date until I was 21. I wasn't that bad looking but I was soooo shy it was painful to see. I was so overly shy that it wasn't attractive to the opposite sex. Some people are late bloomers. I sure as hell was. You are too. It's ok. It's really ok.

High school is the shits. You aren't doing well right now but it's not your fault. It's not your fault at all. It's the strain of being in high school, the other kids and all the hormones surging through you body.

I know this is crazy but you might try to listen to some music for insomnia and relaxation. I has helped me in the past. It might be worth a shot.

I'm trying to relax tight now but I just cut myself a few minutes ago
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 11:56 PM
There's this girl that bullies me on the phone but I liked her. She said appalling things to me but I finally stood up for myself and I felt good after it.
[+] 3 users Like Dustinstig's post
11-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Is there anyone out there Sad
11-09-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm afraid of what I can do to myself
11-09-2014, 10:02 PM
(11-09-2014 10:00 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I'm afraid of what I can do to myself

Me too.

#sigh
11-09-2014, 10:03 PM
(11-09-2014 10:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 10:00 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I'm afraid of what I can do to myself

Me too.

Why do you feel like that
12-09-2014, 02:09 AM
I'm here.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
12-09-2014, 03:35 PM
(11-09-2014 09:53 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Is there anyone out there Sad

I'm here. I understand your pain. I can't count the number of times that I contemplated suicide from my early teens into my early to mid-20s. I was surrounded by negativity from family, had moved away from the town I grew up in right when I started high school, and felt like a complete outsider. It was a very cliquish school, and if you didn't grow up there, you were never going to be fully accepted. I always kept in touch with my friends I grew up with though, and it helped to ease the pain. My medical issues with seizures certainly didn't help the situation either. I had to deal with the accusations of "You're just dwelling", or "Just stop looking at the bad side of things and cheer up", as though depression is merely a choice, and a person can just choose to turn it on or off with the flick of a switch.

One of the things I did that really started helping me out was I started playing music. I've always had a love for music - especially jazz and blues - and had always wanted to play saxophone. I wanted to join the school band when I was a kid, but my mom wouldn't let me, because she said that the saxophone would be too loud and the other tenants in our apartment would complain. When I was around 23, I finally just said "Screw it! I'm going to buy a saxophone and learn how to play it!" So that's what I did. As I got better at it, I started bringing my horn up to blues jams, and that was always a great time. I still do that at least once a month. It really helped raise me up and take my mind off of all the negativity in my life.

Is there anything that you have always wanted to do, or really have a passion for? Things like that can be an excellent outlet for defeating depression.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
12-09-2014, 04:12 PM
(12-09-2014 03:35 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 09:53 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Is there anyone out there Sad

I'm here. I understand your pain. I can't count the number of times that I contemplated suicide from my early teens into my early to mid-20s. I was surrounded by negativity from family, had moved away from the town I grew up in right when I started high school, and felt like a complete outsider. It was a very cliquish school, and if you didn't grow up there, you were never going to be fully accepted. I always kept in touch with my friends I grew up with though, and it helped to ease the pain. My medical issues with seizures certainly didn't help the situation either. I had to deal with the accusations of "You're just dwelling", or "Just stop looking at the bad side of things and cheer up", as though depression is merely a choice, and a person can just choose to turn it on or off with the flick of a switch.

One of the things I did that really started helping me out was I started playing music. I've always had a love for music - especially jazz and blues - and had always wanted to play saxophone. I wanted to join the school band when I was a kid, but my mom wouldn't let me, because she said that the saxophone would be too loud and the other tenants in our apartment would complain. When I was around 23, I finally just said "Screw it! I'm going to buy a saxophone and learn how to play it!" So that's what I did. As I got better at it, I started bringing my horn up to blues jams, and that was always a great time. I still do that at least once a month. It really helped raise me up and take my mind off of all the negativity in my life.

Is there anything that you have always wanted to do, or really have a passion for? Things like that can be an excellent outlet for defeating depression.

Not really I'm being excluded because of my atheism,weight and sexuality Sad I do like metal and rock music and always wanted to learn the electric guitar
12-09-2014, 10:44 PM
(11-09-2014 10:03 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 10:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Me too.

Why do you feel like that

Same reason you do.

#sigh