Suicide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 12:41 PM
RE: Suicide
(07-08-2014 12:28 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 12:23 PM)bemore Wrote:  Are you sure you have no one to talk to? I suffer from depression and when I have been in my darkest depths I think that nobody cares, I don't want to bother them with my shit and its always the same old unsolvable problems. So whilst I felt I had nobody to reach out too, I actually do.... maybe you do as well but you haven't considered them?

I don't really have friends.

Maybe the next time you see them you can ask your therapist about some type of support group or other group that can help you feel better about socializing?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Dustin ....most people think of just checking out. The fact that you came here a nd talked w us is a good sign. ...A sign of hope.

Let us know how you're feeling and hang in there.
Times get REALLY hard ... then it passes.

(Hug)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 4 users Like WitchSabrina's post
07-08-2014, 12:44 PM
(07-08-2014 12:41 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 12:28 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I don't really have friends.

Maybe the next time you see them you can ask your therapist about some type of support group or other group that can help you feel better about socializing?

I did ask there isn't anything like that
07-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Call your therapist today. They need to be aware when you are in crisis.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
07-08-2014, 12:49 PM
(07-08-2014 12:44 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 12:41 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Maybe the next time you see them you can ask your therapist about some type of support group or other group that can help you feel better about socializing?

I did ask there isn't anything like that

We have a teen section. Have you looked at it? I'm not a teen so I don't know what those little scamps are up to but you may find others feel/felt the same. Smile

Oh, and what Bows posted is very good advice! Call your therapist.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
07-08-2014, 12:56 PM
(07-08-2014 12:44 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Dustin ....most people think of just checking out. The fact that you came here a nd talked w us is a good sign. ...A sign of hope.

(Hug)

Aww nobody hugs me thanks for the hug
[+] 1 user Likes Dustinstig's post
07-08-2014, 01:16 PM
(07-08-2014 12:56 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 12:44 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Dustin ....most people think of just checking out. The fact that you came here a nd talked w us is a good sign. ...A sign of hope.

(Hug)

Aww nobody hugs me thanks for the hug

So call the number we gave you and tell us what happens. We'll be waiting here.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-08-2014, 01:20 PM
(07-08-2014 01:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 12:56 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Aww nobody hugs me thanks for the hug

So call the number we gave you and tell us what happens. We'll be waiting here.

^This. As always, I'm available to chat by PM.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post
07-08-2014, 01:48 PM
(07-08-2014 12:06 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 11:07 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Umm this is not good. I'm super stressed out and my heart hurts from the stress. I don't know what to do I have nobody to be with. Should I self harm or just end it?

(07-08-2014 11:22 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I have ADHD and depression to. I'm overweight and I have no friends I can count on. I self harm and my parents reject me because I'm atheist

You are at a stage in your life where everything can be turned upside down. You're 17 and are starting your adult life. Growing up means changing as a person which also means potentially losing childhood friends. Your parents are rejecting you because you are an atheist, but they probably still see you as a child and think that they still have control over you (parents can have real trouble letting go).

My own experience of depression was that I got trapped into a cycle of thinking negative thoughts, dwelling on negative experiences and becoming more depressed as a result. Shyness is also a self propagating cycle in that you avoid social situations and this erodes your self confidence.

Stress comes from a lack of control, or at least the perception of it. Consequently self harm, suicidal thoughts, anorexia etc, are many different ways in which people try to get some control over their lives.

But you do actually have control, you may just not realise it yet. You can move out, start a new life and remove the stressors in your current life. You can start looking after your health, start exercising, eating healthily etc. Eventually this will break the cycle of depression, your confidence will grow and you can make new friends. Eventually your parents will have to accept you for who you are.

You may need to wait a bit before you can start taking control, but in the meantime you can start making plans. Whatever your situation, you don't have to be trapped like this for the rest of your life if you don't want to be.

The trick is to start thinking of the future, not the present or the past.

I know this was said a while ago but I wanted to add to this. Life is wild and unpredictable. We often cannot choose what happens to us and it can be very overwhelming, especially at an age where your life is right before you and adulthood is within the near future. Sad thing about the point in life you are in is that you feel you have no one. You feel that no one accepts you for being you and often, with that, you feel like you deserve to be depressed and that you need to hurt yourself because that's what you deserve. Well, darlin', ain't nobody be deserving anything like that. Nobody is worthless and no body deserves to hurt themselves or kill themselves.

There was one point I was really depressed and was venting via text to my old roomie how I was worthless and was pathetic for....honestly I can't remember now...I think I had just went to my sister's graduation and felt like I literally was doing nothing with my life. She told me it was okay but more importantly, she told me, "you're stronger than you think Smile" That really caught me. Not not just that someone believed I was strong but for the fact that, in the mist of my depression, I had forgotten my own personal strength. I honestly believe we are all strong. We simply do not understand how strong we can be. All it takes to find out how strong you are is taking the courage to live life. Live for you and not caring about the people around you if they cannot support who you are. Do what you need to do and keep fighting for you. You're here and talking so that's a fantastic start. I needs to leave but know that people in real life around you can be shit but online people can be awesome so don't give up altogether finding a friend. And don't knock yourself for not having a gf. I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 23 and he dicthed me just before I graduated college about a year ago. Just saying, having a gf or bf ain't everything. All you need is to be happy with you. Not someone to be on your arm and be the value you're worth or to show "see i'm worth something!" Just first be happy with you. And don't give up! And tell us how you're doing!

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
07-08-2014, 02:45 PM
(07-08-2014 12:22 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 12:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, it won't be long now until you do get a GF. That alone is worth sticking around for.

If you saw me and how I look you would understand why I never had one

People are terrible at assessing their own looks... Especially if they're depressed.

Besides, looks aren't even that important to most intelligent and reasoned individuals who are looking for companionship... And I've found that those are the only type of person to bother with. Shallow idiots are a drag.

Anyway, for the vast majority of my life I thought I was maybe a bit less attractive than the average person. I don't think I had a girlfriend until I was almost 18. I am significantly more confident in my appearance now... But I've still been rejected by smart and attractive girls who end up happily dating trolls. And its not like being attractive is magnetic; I don't get second takes, or random women approaching me. I might get one or two compliments a year from strangers.

I'd suggest to just work on your social skills, cause that seems to be the biggest help.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post