Suicide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2014, 12:57 PM
RE: Suicide
(08-08-2014 12:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 10:04 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Damn Sad my wrists are fucked up cuts all over the place

You really need to go for treatment for that. A lot of this fits together - the cutting, not liking yourself, overeating... you can get treated for it and the majority of your troubles will go away.

I have a therapist and I take meds for depression
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2014, 01:00 PM
(08-08-2014 12:57 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 12:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  You really need to go for treatment for that. A lot of this fits together - the cutting, not liking yourself, overeating... you can get treated for it and the majority of your troubles will go away.

I would give them a call and make an appointment for a med check.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-08-2014, 03:25 PM
life is a bitch, and perspective is everything. Life is worth living as there is so many things to do, and people to meet, hurting yourself or ending your life is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, you are better than that.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
08-08-2014, 06:43 PM
(08-08-2014 12:57 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 12:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  You really need to go for treatment for that. A lot of this fits together - the cutting, not liking yourself, overeating... you can get treated for it and the majority of your troubles will go away.

I just now saw this thread. Dustinstig, my daughter is transgender and came to me at 18 to tell me. It was so difficult for her to do that she threw up afterwards. She suffered from terrible, terrible, debilitating depression and felt that she wasn't worthy of life and that her body was disgusting. She wouldn't come out of her room for weeks. She felt that no one would ever want her or love her.

She's been in therapy for three years, has transitioned and now has a boyfriend. If someone were to tell me three years ago that she would be happy I wouldn't have believed them. But she is and she has a new wonderful life. It has changed 180 degrees.

One thing you really need to know is that there is always someone for everybody. (My mother used to tell me that so I'll tell you the same thing.) The world is a big place, there are many people who will love you.

Please keep talking, to us and to your therapist.

Lots of hugs for you.

Heart Hug Hug Hug Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-08-2014, 07:03 PM
(08-08-2014 06:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 12:57 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I have a therapist and I take meds for depression

I just now saw this thread. Dustinstig, my daughter is transgender and came to me at 18 to tell me. It was so difficult for her to do that she threw up afterwards. She suffered from terrible, terrible, debilitating depression and felt that she wasn't worthy of life and that her body was disgusting. She wouldn't come out of her room for weeks. She felt that no one would ever want her or love her.

She's been in therapy for three years, has transitioned and now has a boyfriend. If someone were to tell me three years ago that she would be happy I wouldn't have believed them. But she is and she has a new wonderful life. It has changed 180 degrees.

One thing you really need to know is that there is always someone for everybody. (My mother used to tell me that so I'll tell you the same thing.) The world is a big place, there are many people who will love you.

Please keep talking, to us and to your therapist.

Lots of hugs for you.

Heart Hug Hug Hug Heart

I'm glad your daughter is happy now. Thanks for the kind words
08-08-2014, 09:25 PM
I feel for you, have been there myself. But don't be selfish. Suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do. I know you must ha e someone in your life that would be affected by your actions. Think about it. Are you on medication? I have suffered from severe anxiety from a young age and there are wonderful meds that can help you. Don't ever give up.
08-08-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm freaking out. I'm full of new cuts and I want to cut more. I've already done my wrist and chest I might move on to thighs soon. I'm so lost right know I can't control myself
09-08-2014, 01:04 AM
Hoping I'm not commenting too late for you darlin. Have you tried calling the hotline again? In moments like this, it's often good to hear a voice of encouragement. If not, I would at least try that. First of all, I'd highly suggest you hide your blade. Put it under all the crap in your one drawer. Throw it across your room. Wherever makes it difficult to find the damn thing. Call the hotline or do something to get your mind out of that track of thinking. Write poems, stories, list things you'd like to do in your future whether or not they sound ridiculous. Draw out your emotions or simply sketch something. Talent or lack thereof doesn't matter. Just allow the pen and paper to take you away. Same thing if you play video games. Or, if you can, go for a walk. Maybe just find music that sounds god to you and crank it up. In other words, find something to help throw off your need to hurt yourself. If you keep wanting to cut, tell yourself no. Be firm with yourself. You can do this! If you allow yourself to think you can't control yourself, it'll be easier to fall into harming yourself. Tell yourself no and tell yourself you don't need it. I believe in you! Hug

[Image: notagain.gif]
09-08-2014, 03:29 AM
(08-08-2014 11:33 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  I'm freaking out. I'm full of new cuts and I want to cut more. I've already done my wrist and chest I might move on to thighs soon. I'm so lost right know I can't control myself

I think you'll have to accept that the urge will come and go. Think of it like the stress building up and you've found some way to release the pressure. The way that you've found is by cutting yourself.

There are other ways. Video games, exercise, martial arts, extreme sports are just some ways that come to mind. That's because for me I respond well to adrenaline and excitement, it sounds like you have become dependent upon an endorphin rush. People enjoy S&M for the endorphin rush. These are neurochemicals in the brain that give pleasure and can help with pain relief.

When I went through periods of really hating myself when I was depressed and wanting to die, I would use that time to epilate my legs. It was really painful because I had only just started but it didn't damage me.

Instead of cutting you could flagellate yourself. That shouldn't leave any scars. There are other S&M toys that you can use instead such as a violet wand. Using these toys could well cause you less distress because they give you more control and you don't have to worry about permanently damaging yourself.
09-08-2014, 03:41 AM
Put away the knife, kid. Whatever you're using to cut, get rid of it. Go for a run or something. Like Mathilda said, you've found a way to release the pressure, but you need something less destructive. Find positive ways to let your stress go and think about other people than just yourself. I remember being a self-absorbed teenager, too. It's hard to see past your own problems, but there are people in this world that get by on a lot less than you. There is at least one positive thing in your life. Start focusing on that and count the good moments. If you need an example to get you started, you've got an internet connection and people on the other side of it trying to help you.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.