Suicide Shouldn't Be Frowned Apon.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 09:56 AM
RE: Suicide Shouldn't Be Frowned Apon.
Haha you didn't copy me. My thread was about self harm in general. Your thread states a different approach that the majority often would take towards suicide.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 10:05 AM
I've been down that road.... not a nice one either.

I had the car... nice apartment... beautiful girfriend... had a good career where the bills were paid.. ends were met. I was content and happy with the way life was going. No problems.

Then about 3 years ago I got laid off from work.. Talk about a monkey wrench being thrown into my gears! After a few months of hearing "sorry we are on a hiring freeze.." The savings started to dwindle down and before I knew it I was spiraling down into a state of depression and alcohol. A year went by and the unemployment checks stopped... the savings ran out about 10 months later. Lost the car.. was unable to pay any bills.. was facing eviction.. girlfriend became disinterested.. thoughts start wheeling into my mind on what to do.. I was facing homelessness. Started thinking about just putting that shotgun up to my head and pulling the trigger... "will I feel anything?" "Will it be instant?".. "what if i fuck it up and become a depends wearing dumbass ?" ... yeah way too much to think about when your thinking suicide. Most of my family are all dead and gone so what's the problem? Pull that fuckin trigger man!

Well I'm still here... thankfully I have my son. 8 years old and growing up faster than I can keep up with. But It woulda hurt my little boy too much if I commited that selfish act. I realized that I need him just as much as he needs me. I don't want my son to grow up with the knowledge that his father lost a grip on life and blew his head off.

Well I'm glad I didn't. I'm well past the depression that had a grip on me. I'm working again. While it's been a slow process... the pieces are comming back together. Hey and you know what??!! I didn't have to pray to some omnipotent being in the sky for anything either. hrmmm.. Imagine that??

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
05-12-2011, 10:28 AM
It’s the last thing I’d do!
But seriously…

It’s often not so much a cry for help as “fuck this, I’ve had enough”
As stresses climb on to us it can become quite hard to shrug them off, two or three major events happen all at once, on top of the day to day things like work/school etc and it suddenly never feels like you’re going to make it out.

For me, this situation got me very close to going out for that one last ride.
Some time on a couch and some nasty chemical chill pills helped to keep me from wrapping myself round a tree at 250+kph.
I needed to have someone get my thoughts in order for me as I was in no state to.
Just massively overwhelmed with some pretty nasty events.

Or it could be a slow process of not being happy at work or school and that will bleed into your home life and make you unhappy there as well and before long you lose interest in the little things you used to take pleasure in.
One morning you wake up and you hate your job, your home, you never see any of your friends because your depression will kill of any motivation for you to even ring them.
This pattern can lead into feelings of abandonment and resentment.

It’s a nasty whirlpool to get caught in.
Anti depressants often help, but get counselling as well or you will never be rid of it.
As hard as it is, ask for help.

If even just too see how bad it’ll get, hang in there out of morbid curiosity.
Or just walk out the door and start again somewhere new.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
05-12-2011, 11:24 AM
(05-12-2011 10:28 AM)Karl Wrote:  It’s the last thing I’d do!
But seriously…

It’s often not so much a cry for help as “fuck this, I’ve had enough”
As stresses climb on to us it can become quite hard to shrug them off, two or three major events happen all at once, on top of the day to day things like work/school etc and it suddenly never feels like you’re going to make it out.

For me, this situation got me very close to going out for that one last ride.
Some time on a couch and some nasty chemical chill pills helped to keep me from wrapping myself round a tree at 250+kph.
I needed to have someone get my thoughts in order for me as I was in no state to.
Just massively overwhelmed with some pretty nasty events.

Or it could be a slow process of not being happy at work or school and that will bleed into your home life and make you unhappy there as well and before long you lose interest in the little things you used to take pleasure in.
One morning you wake up and you hate your job, your home, you never see any of your friends because your depression will kill of any motivation for you to even ring them.
This pattern can lead into feelings of abandonment and resentment.

It’s a nasty whirlpool to get caught in.
Anti depressants often help, but get counselling as well or you will never be rid of it.
As hard as it is, ask for help.

If even just too see how bad it’ll get, hang in there out of morbid curiosity.
Or just walk out the door and start again somewhere new.

Dude, you've said it about as well as anyone could...get out of my head, will you?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel