Suicide (or rather, helping a friend)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: Suicide (or rather, helping a friend)
(15-11-2014 08:40 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  But no, instead, she tried to commit suicide, and tried again last night. She called me whilst she was doing, and I was watching her fucking die. I did what I could to try to help her, and she is still alive, but a part of me feels responsible for causing ALL of this.

Wait a minute here.

Not knowing the details of this - she called you on skype and proceeded to commit suicide and had you watch?

That is very sick, if she wanted you to watch.

So you called someone to stop her or what?

May be a fake suicide attempt to get attention, if that is what she wanted.

So, what did she want from you? Did she want to shock/punish you by having you watch her die? Did she want to be rescued by you? Why you? Why not him?

This isn't making much sense to me.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-11-2014, 12:54 PM
attempts "for attention" need professional attention.

Quote: Youth suicide is when a young person, generally categorized as someone below age 20, deliberately ends their own life. Rates of attempted and completed youth suicide in Western societies and other countries are high. For example, in Australia suicide is second only to motor vehicle accidents as the leading cause of death for people aged 15–25,[1] and according to the National Institute for Mental Health, suicide is the third leading cause of death among teens in the United States.[2] In India, one-third of suicides are young people 15–29. In 2002, 154,000 suicides were recorded in India.[3]

from wikipedia.

this is a serious matter, that needs professional help

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
15-11-2014, 01:04 PM
(15-11-2014 12:54 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  attempts "for attention" need professional attention.

Quote: Youth suicide is when a young person, generally categorized as someone below age 20, deliberately ends their own life. Rates of attempted and completed youth suicide in Western societies and other countries are high. For example, in Australia suicide is second only to motor vehicle accidents as the leading cause of death for people aged 15–25,[1] and according to the National Institute for Mental Health, suicide is the third leading cause of death among teens in the United States.[2] In India, one-third of suicides are young people 15–29. In 2002, 154,000 suicides were recorded in India.[3]

from wikipedia.

this is a serious matter, that needs professional help

Of course they need attention. Everyone already said that.

I want to know about ATO and how he got to be the one she dumped this on. He thinks it's his fault, I say not. So I want to know what exactly happened. If he called the police, she is already being taken care of. We are missing an important part of the story.

Being forced to watch someone die is not anything easy and can't be taken lightly. This is traumatic shit, I do want to know what Ato thinks about it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-11-2014, 05:02 PM
(15-11-2014 12:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 08:40 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  But no, instead, she tried to commit suicide, and tried again last night. She called me whilst she was doing, and I was watching her fucking die. I did what I could to try to help her, and she is still alive, but a part of me feels responsible for causing ALL of this.

Wait a minute here.

Not knowing the details of this - she called you on skype and proceeded to commit suicide and had you watch?

So, what did she want from you? Did she want to shock/punish you by having you watch her die? Did she want to be rescued by you? Why you? Why not him?

She took a shitload of pills just before she called me. I then proceeded to read her a story to make her go to sleep. I then called her ex-boyfriend and told him to contact the parents right away. I had no idea where she lived, or her parents number.

Just checked up on her today, she is doing fine. Appearently she didn't take nearly enough to kill herself (but she explicitly told me that she did). Still, its a worry.

I went over to her house (partly as a ploy to get her addreas to call the cops if needed) and tried to talk to her parents, but they were conveintantly not there. I assume Duncan did his fucking job properly.

I talked to her about therapy, and I decided to take her mind off of it by taking her out to eat.

This sucks.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
15-11-2014, 05:26 PM
(15-11-2014 05:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 12:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  Wait a minute here.

She took a shitload of pills just before she called me. I then proceeded to read her a story to make her go to sleep. I then called her ex-boyfriend and told him to contact the parents right away. I had no idea where she lived, or her parents number.

Just checked up on her today, she is doing fine. Appearently she didn't take nearly enough to kill herself (but she explicitly told me that she did). Still, its a worry.

I went over to her house (partly as a ploy to get her addreas to call the cops if needed) and tried to talk to her parents, but they were conveintantly not there. I assume Duncan did his fucking job properly.

I talked to her about therapy, and I decided to take her mind off of it by taking her out to eat.

This sucks.

Be careful, Ato. you are digging yourself deeper here, and taking on too much responsibility. This girl needs help you can't give. No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
15-11-2014, 05:31 PM
(15-11-2014 05:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 05:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  She took a shitload of pills just before she called me. I then proceeded to read her a story to make her go to sleep. I then called her ex-boyfriend and told him to contact the parents right away. I had no idea where she lived, or her parents number.

This sucks.

Be careful, Ato. you are digging yourself deeper here, and taking on too much responsibility. This girl needs help you can't give. No

This girl, smerc, needs all the help I can give her. Along with professional guidance. I will not force her into confinement. I will let her parents commit that sin.

15-11-2014, 05:45 PM
(15-11-2014 05:31 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 05:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Be careful, Ato. you are digging yourself deeper here, and taking on too much responsibility. This girl needs help you can't give. No

This girl, smerc, needs all the help I can give her. Along with professional guidance. I will not force her into confinement. I will let her parents commit that sin.

Its not a sin if thats what it takes to get her shit together.

please follow up with the parents yourself, and if you go to school together, you need to let the counselors office know. They have contacts, the resources, the training to get her help.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
15-11-2014, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2014 06:24 PM by Atothetheist.)
(15-11-2014 05:45 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 05:31 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  This girl, smerc, needs all the help I can give her. Along with professional guidance. I will not force her into confinement. I will let her parents commit that sin.

Its not a sin if thats what it takes to get her shit together.

please follow up with the parents yourself, and if you go to school together, you need to let the counselors office know. They have contacts, the resources, the training to get her help.

I'm more than happy to let her parents know. In fact, I've done that (confirmed, and followed up on). The rest is in their court. I do NOT think it is right for me to force someone to live. To make their choice for them. I believe that is cruel. I do not feel that it is my responsibility to make suicide an impossible choice for her. That is her parents job. If they want to force her to live, or to get help, by all means. I refuse to take away someone's right to die. I can only talk to her, make her see reason. I think it's bullshit that she even considers the idea, let alone attempts it.

If forcing her to live (and to get help) is what it takes, then I've done more than enough to let her parents make that decision themselves. I refuse to do something I think is cruel. It's a question of I become the very person I do not wish upon myself when my time comes (I plan on going out on my terms WAY LATER DOWN THE LINE), or I push someone else to be that person.

On the other hand...

I have her address, and I have told her, urged her, to seek the help she deserves. I will see what happens. If there is no improvement, or if her parents haven't done shit. I might have to resort to being cruel myself.

This is literally tearing me up inside. I really can't handle this.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
15-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Shoulder to shoulder bitches, shoulder to shoulder.

#sigh
15-11-2014, 09:39 PM
(15-11-2014 06:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 05:45 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Its not a sin if thats what it takes to get her shit together.

I'm more than happy to let her parents know. In fact, I've done that (confirmed, and followed up on). The rest is in their court. I do NOT think it is right for me to force someone to live. To make their choice for them. I believe that is cruel. I do not feel that it is my responsibility to make suicide an impossible choice for her. That is her parents job. If they want to force her to live, or to get help, by all means. I refuse to take away someone's right to die. I can only talk to her, make her see reason. I think it's bullshit that she even considers the idea, let alone attempts it.

If forcing her to live (and to get help) is what it takes, then I've done more than enough to let her parents make that decision themselves. I refuse to do something I think is cruel. It's a question of I become the very person I do not wish upon myself when my time comes (I plan on going out on my terms WAY LATER DOWN THE LINE), or I push someone else to be that person.

On the other hand...

I have her address, and I have told her, urged her, to seek the help she deserves. I will see what happens. If there is no improvement, or if her parents haven't done shit. I might have to resort to being cruel myself.

This is literally tearing me up inside. I really can't handle this.

I like the edit you made. Hug of course it's every persons right to decide when they die, and you are honerable for wanting to uphold that, but death is the biggest decision anyone can make. There's a big difference between someone who has had time to think things through and make the best logical decision for themselves, and someone who is dealing with a hardship in life and crying our for help. The mere fact that she skyped you after taking the pills proves she doesn't really want to die.

You're a good friend to have indeed, Ato Heart You were right, she does need all the help she can get, and I'm glad you're worried about her. I didn't mean to convey otherwise (I apologize if that's how it came across), I just want to look out for your well-being also. This is traumatic stuff, and you shouldn't feel like all of the burden is on you Hug Were her parents worried too? I'm really hoping they are able to give her support right now too.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post