Suicide, the one-way ticket to heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 08:48 AM

RE: Suicide, the one-way ticket to heaven?
(04-12-2011 04:13 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Getting to heaven isn't the main objective of becoming a Christian. The benefit of salvation is that the sins that have separated us from God have been forgiven.

Still struggling with what Adam and Eve did to you when you were a semen?
That guilt must be overwhelming. Bearing the iniquity of all those before you.

What an awesome god to pass on EVERYTHING because the supposed shortcomings of 2 folks. Thats love!

Everytime i read that bible (and doing it again recently) i simply am amazed at how MORE moral I am than god is. That guy may be barking for us to live by morals...but his example is shocking.

How do i know i am FAR more moral than GOD? The bible tells me so.......
D
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 09:12 AM
(05-12-2011 08:48 AM)Denicio Wrote:  How do i know i am FAR more moral than GOD? The bible tells me so.......
D

Was that the NIV? That's what I had... thing didn't know how to behave, so I hadda get rid of it. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 09:22 AM

(05-12-2011 09:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 08:48 AM)Denicio Wrote:  How do i know i am FAR more moral than GOD? The bible tells me so.......
D

Was that the NIV? That's what I had... thing didn't know how to behave, so I hadda get rid of it. Big Grin

New King James version is what i have always had.

I have not read some of the more modern versions, but is there a way to really make the book of Genesis moral? Other than simply rewriting it? I dont think so.

D
05-12-2011, 11:43 AM
I never thought about it before but OP is right. The Bible doesn't say anything abotu suicide. If any of you haven't seen 'What Dreams May Come' you might want to check it out. Robin Williams plays a widower and not long after their kids die. The wife, stricken with grief, kills herself to end the pain. Robin Williams has to travel from heaven to find her once he learns she is in hell. Great visual effects and storyline. The reason I bring it up is that I find it odd that anyone can view that scenario as not justified? How can anyone blame her for killing herself and then just as easily claim she is in hell?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2011, 11:53 AM
D

The NIV is a horrible Bible.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-12-2011, 11:56 AM

(05-12-2011 11:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
D

The NIV is a horrible Bible.

Uhhh...they are ALL horrible. I am in mid Genesis as we speak and DAMN GLAD i have more morals than this fictitious gang of deviants. How anyone can argue the moral high ground of the bible is beyond me.
D
05-12-2011, 12:02 PM
I have like 25 different versions of the bible on my BB Torch. Free from BB App World. Has a search feature on it too for calling out / debating theists on the spot.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-12-2011, 12:09 PM
(05-12-2011 11:53 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The NIV is a horrible Bible.

KC, please tell my you're not one of those KJV only peeps.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-12-2011, 12:41 PM
(05-12-2011 12:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

He takes issue with the constant retranslation of the bible which cause it to ultimately lose it's message. Like the whisper game when you start with a phrase and it's all jacked up by the time 20 people tell it.

-Mark Twain
05-12-2011, 12:58 PM

No. Holy crap, no. During study I used the NASB and the Douay Rheims. Those KJV only people are loonies that don't understand how translations work.
(05-12-2011 12:41 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

He takes issue with the constant retranslation of the bible which cause it to ultimately lose it's message. Like the whisper game when you start with a phrase and it's all jacked up by the time 20 people tell it.

This.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]