Suicide, the one-way ticket to heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 02:31 PM
RE: Suicide, the one-way ticket to heaven?
(05-12-2011 11:56 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Uhhh...they are ALL horrible. I am in mid Genesis as we speak and DAMN GLAD i have more morals than this fictitious gang of deviants. How anyone can argue the moral high ground of the bible is beyond me.
D

With calculus. Wink

You take zero as the mirror of infinity, man as the image of god; and you get zero-state. Morality absolute to the individual.

But kingschosen just convicted himself of idolatry. Thing I like about scripture, cuts both ways.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Not sure if this is relevant or not, but..

Aren't our days counted? Isn't that in the bible? That God knows when exactly will we die? Isn't it a part of God's plan? Then suicide isn't really something we should blame the one commiting it for. Same story with murders..
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2011, 02:49 PM
(05-12-2011 02:40 PM)imralav Wrote:  Not sure if this is relevant or not, but..

Aren't our days counted? Isn't that in the bible? That God knows when exactly will we die? Isn't it a part of God's plan? Then suicide isn't really something we should blame the one commiting it for. Same story with murders..

I don't think you can apply logic or reason to their religion. It won't work out for them. Just what I have experienced.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
(05-12-2011 02:40 PM)imralav Wrote:  Not sure if this is relevant or not, but..

This begs the question of free will. If there is free will then god is not all knowing. If there is no free will then god cannot be all loving. How could an all loving god put his children on such a path of destruction?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
04-03-2012, 01:29 AM
(24-09-2010 07:21 PM)SecularStudent Wrote:  Okay, so I had been wondering about this question for awhile. If religious people believe that heaven is real, and is a much better place than here, then why don't they commit suicide? I thought perhaps that maybe suicide was prohibited in the Bible, but since I am still becoming acquainted with it, I wasn't sure. Then, yesterday, I was talking with a fellow atheist who brought it up. He went to Catholic school, and he's read the Bible, so he could tell me that there was no reference to a prohibition of suicide in the Bible, but that the Church still forbid it. I guess in the Middle Ages, the Church had to establish a rule against it in order to keep serfs from killing themselves (because then who would work the land?)
So my question is, has anybody come across this anywhere in the Bible? Or has anybody had any discussions with theists about this?

this is the answer, when you kill yoursef, you step out of gods will, when you kill yourself you cut it short. also true christians wouldnt want to die because they have a burning passion of saving souls, and god tells christians to wait until the day of jesus return. killing ourselves is not waiting. The bible says the devil comes to kill steal and destroy, and killing in any situation if tempted by the devil
04-03-2012, 02:57 AM
It is in the bible. 10 commandments. "thou shall not kill". killing yourself is considered murder by christians. Thats why i dont really debate that issue with christians. i dont have a comeback for it. Although we can off ourselves and go to nowhere if we want.
04-03-2012, 10:32 PM
(04-03-2012 01:29 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  
(24-09-2010 07:21 PM)SecularStudent Wrote:  Okay, so I had been wondering about this question for awhile. If religious people believe that heaven is real, and is a much better place than here, then why don't they commit suicide? I thought perhaps that maybe suicide was prohibited in the Bible, but since I am still becoming acquainted with it, I wasn't sure. Then, yesterday, I was talking with a fellow atheist who brought it up. He went to Catholic school, and he's read the Bible, so he could tell me that there was no reference to a prohibition of suicide in the Bible, but that the Church still forbid it. I guess in the Middle Ages, the Church had to establish a rule against it in order to keep serfs from killing themselves (because then who would work the land?)
So my question is, has anybody come across this anywhere in the Bible? Or has anybody had any discussions with theists about this?

this is the answer, when you kill yoursef, you step out of gods will, when you kill yourself you cut it short. also true christians wouldnt want to die because they have a burning passion of saving souls, and god tells christians to wait until the day of jesus return. killing ourselves is not waiting. The bible says the devil comes to kill steal and destroy, and killing in any situation if tempted by the devil

@ bjgodsimage - Obviously god didn't answer your prayer asking for literacy (grammar, spelling etc..) You may want to try again...

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)