26-01-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: Summary Of Christianity
Ow stop it hurts!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2014, 03:57 PM
(26-01-2014 03:19 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 03:03 PM)Baruch Wrote:  Same logic as medieval blood letting. (or choose anything erroneous non evidence based)
I do not believe medieval blood letting is a medical treatment, I shall spend countless hours making sure other people don't believe in blood letting as a real medical treatment (saving them from harm or none evidence based beliefs & negligence)

Oh - blood letting may be good for polycythemia Ruba Vera and haemochromatosis (just so no one replies and says blood letting can do some good ! i.e phlebotomy therapy)

One could argue that our time spent on this is indeed to stop the blood-letting.

Wink

See Germans's recent post:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...red-in-oil

True - Jesus is the bloodletting of God killing His Son
Eh.....I mean God is the blood letting of God killing God and then knowing God would become debloodleted back to God Mel Gibson Style..

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
26-01-2014, 08:58 PM
(26-01-2014 12:23 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Summary of Atheism: I do not believe God is Real, and I shall spend countless hours making sure other people do not believe in a God I do not think is Real.

You sound upset.

Back on the actual topic at hand: is there anything in the OP that you find as an inaccurate representation of Christianity?
  • Did God allow the serpent into the garden?
  • (assuming you're the type of Christian who believes in the Trinity) Didn't God the Father conceive God the Son with a virgin?
  • Wasn't the sacrifice of God the Son important for the New Covenant that would allow God the Father to forgive people without them having to submit burnt offerings going forward?
  • Didn't God the Son raise from the dead in three days?
  • Doesn't The Holy Spirit (who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and Son is worshiped and glorified) give us the ability to feel God's presence?

Seriously, aside from the snark, isn't this a 100% accurate portrayal of your beliefs?
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
26-01-2014, 09:23 PM
(26-01-2014 08:58 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 12:23 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Summary of Atheism: I do not believe God is Real, and I shall spend countless hours making sure other people do not believe in a God I do not think is Real.

You sound upset.

That's odd.

I didn't read upsetness. I thought it was a pledge.

anidominus, you're a christian?
Sorry, I didn't realise. Is that why Real is capitalised?
I thought maybe you were from Madrid.

Consider
Is this perhaps a possible test for a 'True Christian™'...

What is the noun that can be used for "the quality or state of being true"?

a) truth
b) Truth
c) troof
d) Troof