Summing up the Ham on Nye debate, Buddy style, hold the mayo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2014, 06:29 AM
RE: Summing up the Ham on Nye debate, Buddy style, hold the mayo
(10-02-2014 06:27 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 06:17 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Looking at Laramie's sig makes me proud to be on the same list as Bucky Ball.

I've got a feeling I'll be joining you soon Smile

[Image: heavygloryhandshake.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 06:35 AM
LMAO. "The Shocker" , I seen it as a bumper sticker last year and was confused for 1/2 second, and then was OHHHH Big Grin

[Image: 2_23ecaf_1017193.jpg]

Its not like this thread was even on the rails.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
10-02-2014, 07:41 AM
(10-02-2014 06:35 AM)sporehux Wrote:  LMAO. "The Shocker" , I seen it as a bumper sticker last year and was confused for 1/2 second, and then was OHHHH Big Grin

[Image: 50d.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
10-02-2014, 11:13 AM
The "you weren't there" argument
Maybe I'm being obtuse, but why do creationists even use this argument? It "applies" just as much to them as to us.

Was Ken there in the Garden of Eden? Was Ken there when Jesus was crucified? Was Ken there when the Bible was written? No, no and no.
10-02-2014, 11:17 AM
(07-02-2014 05:01 PM)Deerdra Wrote:  The "were you there" retort is so ridiculous to me that it actually stuns me to silence because I'm busy trying to keep my brain from exploding instead of responding.

Then, once my brain is secure, it makes me want to troll and ask "were you there" for every single thing. "Jenny bought a phone at the store." "Really? WERE YOU THERE?"

Or when I ask how you can trust the bible. They say because it's the written word of "God". My responce, "where you there when it was written?"

10-02-2014, 11:36 AM
(10-02-2014 06:35 AM)sporehux Wrote:  LMAO. "The Shocker" , I seen it as a bumper sticker last year and was confused for 1/2 second, and then was OHHHH Big Grin

I saw this one on facebook this morning.

[Image: 5v35.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
10-02-2014, 12:16 PM
(10-02-2014 11:36 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  

I saw this one on facebook this morning.

[Image: 5v35.jpg]
Hahaha , Thats cold,, Thread officially derailed .

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
10-02-2014, 05:25 PM
(10-02-2014 05:44 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Howdy howdy.

I saw the entire debate. It looked mostly like some sort of exposition. A sort of opportunity for each of the debaters to demonstrate their oratorical skill and gain as much public attention for their causes as possible.

Sounds more like your own self-fulfilling preconception.

Quote:For me, it was disappointing all around. I found Nye to be snotty on occasion, and Ham turned the event into a preaching opportunity. That is my impression, and I'm actually a creationist.

Not near as "snotty" as he could have, and arguably should have been.

- - -

Quote:I'm glad this debate is being brought up here. I have a question for atheists here at TTA.

I was quite satisfied with Ken Ham's division of scientific study. He divides it into two categories:

Observable/Experimental Science - something observed in nature or in a lab
and
Historical Science - scientific assumptions of the past, tabulated from built up evidence

That is called "moving the goalposts" Also, "equivocation". No one in the Real World makes these distinction. It comes as no surprise that an intellectually dishonest fuckwit like you would be "satisfied" with this.

[quot]e
However, I find that most evolutionists despise these distinctions (as Nye did),[/quote]

Not despise -- that is a straw man. We do despise the intellectual dishonesty behind this attempt to move the goalposts. But these distinctions are artificial and misrepresent what science is about. No surprise at all that a fuckwit like you would applaud them.

Quote: and they prefer to settle with just this one single word "Science," as if it is just some sort of magical umbrella term that is utilized to silence all opposition in a conversation.

Bullshit. You can't re-define science to suit your batshit view of the world; that is the bottom line.

Quote:In many political and religious discussions throughout the years, I've seen people use single words like this that are intentionally imprecise.

It's not imprecise at all. You are simply trying to change the rules to suit your batshit superstitious view.

Quote:I suppose if I were to pose a question here, it would be this:

[quote]Is there anybody here who does not oppose the idea of "science study" to be distinguished into more precise categories?

The only people you will see answer in the affirmative are those who are just as disingenuous and intellectually dishonest as yourself.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
11-02-2014, 02:22 PM
(08-02-2014 11:06 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  quote='Buddy Christ' pid='486855' dateline='1391676566']
[Image: bill-nye10.jpg]

Where did you get that?

I want to caption it something like:

"Yeah We Rock Stars!"

"'Because SCIENCE, Bitchez!"

....maybe shop a guitar into Bills' hands....

Right a here meesa broccori.

[Image: Neil-head-on-Bill-shoulder.jpg]

(09-02-2014 12:44 PM)natachan Wrote:  
Quote:Final note, when your views are so extreme that Pat Robertson tells you to shut up before "we make a joke of ourselves," maybe you should reevaluate your life.

https://www.facebook.com/topic/107488592...urce=whfrt

Aww, link doesn't work. Did Patty take it down?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/05/pa...ourselves/

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
11-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Yeah, BABY!

[Image: AtehbKF.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop