Sup with North Korea's kids?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Sup with North Korea's kids?
Hey,

I'm confused... What in the heck is goin on? Are NYT, FOX, CNN reports accurate (...yeah right) or we need to know more details?

That kid really wants to blow the lid or is just an attention deficit tantrum?

Sup with china?

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: Sup with North Korea's kids?
Didn't pay much attention to the U.S. media. So can you provide a update with what you were talking about? What happened to what kid? What's China's business in this? What lid is going to be blown?

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
05-04-2013, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 01:02 PM by Weeeeee_Zard.)
I don't know much, that is why i'm asking questions. Smile

"So can you provide a update with what you were talking about? "

well... right now:

By AKIKO FUJITA (@akikofujita)
April 5, 2013
http://abcnews.go.com/International/nort...V8buldIWIA

North Korea advised the Russian and British embassies in Pyongyang today evacuate their staff, saying their safety could be at risk "in the event of conflict from April 10."

"The proposal was made to all the embassies in Pyongyang, and we are now trying to shed light on the situation," Sergei Lavrov told journalists in the Uzbek capital of Tashkent, according to Russian news agency RIA Novosti.

A spokesman for the Foreign Office in Britain confirmed the request in a statement. "The British Embassy in Pyongyang received a communication from the North Korean government this morning,"

The news was the latest escalation of tension on the Korean Peninsula, spurred by near daily bellicose threats North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has made, since the U.S. and South Korea began large scale military exercises last month.

On Thursday, U.S. officials confirmed that two medium-range missiles had been moved to North Korea's eastern coast, fueling speculation that North Korea was planning a missile strike.

In response, South Korea sent two Aegis destroyers equipped with advanced radar systems to both its coasts. The untested North Korean Musudan missile is estimated to have a range of between 1,800 and 2,500 miles, potentially putting U.S. military bases in Okinawa and Guam within its range.

The call to evacuate foreign embassies appeared to be the latest tactic by North Korea to dial up the rhetoric and win concessions from the U.S. and South Korea. Pyongyang has already threatened a nuclear strike against the U.S., declared it has scrapped the Korean War armistice, vowed to restart a plutonium reactor, and blocked South Koreans from entering the jointly run industrial complex in Kaesong.

"If Pyongyang were getting ready for an armed conflict in earnest, it would hardly have asked the foreign missions to leave the country," said Alexander Zhebin, head of the Korean Studies Center of Russian Academy of Science, in an interview with Interfax. "Moreover, the North Koreans would in that case have used foreign diplomatic missions as a shield, because strikes against Pyongyang, which would have affected embassies as well, would naturally have been condemned and rejected unanimously by Russia, China and other countries."

In North Korea today, thousands took part in rallies against the U.S. and South Korea. Broadcaster KRT aired images of students donning military uniforms, practicing their shooting while speaking against "the warmongers in the White House and Pentagon," according to the Associated Press. State television also showed workers from the Pyongyang 326 Cable Factory supporting their country's nuclear program.

"I cannot stand it anymore. We're scared of nothing," said one marching student.

While Kim has yet to act on his threats, the mere prospect of conflict on the peninsula, has rattled investors' confidence in South Korea. The Yonhap News Agency reported foreigners were rushing to unload South Korean shares and bonds, with investors offloading $667 million in the stock market Wednesday and Thursday as they looked to safer investment destinations.

GM CEO Dan Akerson said he would consider shifting production away from the Korean Peninsula if the situation deteriorated.

"If there were something to happen in Korea, it's going to affect our entire industry, not just General Motors," Akerson said, in an interview with CNBC.

You can find some info in NYT for example...:

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/inter...index.html

some extracts from what is going on...

Apr. 4, 2013

United States announces that it is speeding deployment of advanced missile defense system to Guam, two years ahead of schedule, in what officials say is precautionary move to protect American naval and air forces from threat of North Korean missile attack.MORE »
Apr. 3, 2013

North Korea announces plans to restart mothballed nuclear reactor, latest in series of provocations by Kim Jong-un to elicit response from United States; American officials believe they can wait out threats, believing that North Korea will eventually back down, but worry about consequences of miscalculation.MORE »
Apr. 2, 2013

Obama administration says there is no evidence that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is mobilizing troops or other military forces for any imminent attack, despite drumbeat of increasingly bellicose threats from country's government.MORE »
Apr. 2, 2013
front page

Japan's decision to carry out mock island invasion is one of latest signs that nation, anxious about China's insistent claims over disputed islands and North Korea's escalating nuclear threats, is shifting further away from its postwar pacifism escalation of assertiveness has been particularly apparent under leadership of Prime Min Shinzo Abe, conservative who has increased military spending for first time in 11 years.MORE »
Apr. 2, 2013

Deng Yuwen, well-known editor of Study Times, influential Communist Party journal, says that he has been suspended after writing article for British newspaper Financial Times saying that China should abandon its ally North Korea.MORE »
Apr. 1, 2013

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un announces 'new strategic line' that defies warnings from United States, saying his country is determined to rebuild its economy in face of international sanctions while simultaneously expanding its nuclear weapons arsenal.MORE »
Mar. 31, 2013

North Korea threatens to shut down factory complex it jointly operates with South Korea and that stands as last significant symbol of cooperation, reiterating that it considers Korean Peninsula back in 'a state of war'.MORE »
Mar. 30, 2013
front page

Obama administration officials regard North Korea's spate of saber-rattling as empty propaganda, while admitting that country's clandestine actions are far more worrisome cites cyberattacks on South Korea's banking system and 2010 torpedo attack on South Korean naval vessel, both of which likely originated in North.MORE »
Mar. 29, 2013

Global effort to regulate sale of conventional weapons suffers significant but not fatal setback when Iran, Syria and North Korea oppose draft Arms Trade Treaty, blocking consensus needed for passage after years of arduous negotiations; it is expected that treaty will be sent to United Nations General Assembly, considered weaker but no less binding method of getting it passed.MORE »
Mar. 29, 2013

American military carries out rare long-range mission over Korean Peninsula, sending two nuclear-capable B-2 stealth bombers on practice sortie over South Korea, underscoring Washington’s commitment to defend its ally amid rising tensions with North Korea.MORE »

"What happened to what kid?" their leader... is going bananas!

"What's China's business in this?" Seems to be their only friend...

"What lid is going to be blown?" speculation that North Korea was planning a nuclear strike

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2013, 01:18 PM
North Korea is not China's ally. But it indeed is a country of benefits for China and Russia.

This intensity is unlike anything seen in the history. The reason why this intensity has risen is not liked by China and Russia.

Yes, they have nukes and rockets. But let face it, North Korea is nothing like the U.S.S.R. They can do substantial damage, yet still with limitations.

The U.S. doesn't worry about it. And that's why it added so much spice.

China worries about it to some extent. Since North Korea is still a friend nation to China, we really couldn't do much.

So, just let the things have their own way and we will see what happens next.

05-04-2013, 01:32 PM
(05-04-2013 01:18 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  North Korea is not China's ally. But it indeed is a country of benefits for China and Russia.

This intensity is unlike anything seen in the history. The reason why this intensity has risen is not liked by China and Russia.

Yes, they have nukes and rockets. But let face it, North Korea is nothing like the U.S.S.R. They can do substantial damage, yet still with limitations.

The U.S. doesn't worry about it. And that's why it added so much spice.

China worries about it to some extent. Since North Korea is still a friend nation to China, we really couldn't do much.

So, just let the things have their own way and we will see what happens next.

In all likelihood this is going to come to nothing but saber-rattling by the North Koreans as any other end game would be suicide. As you can tell from our good friend Hu the Chinese sentiment towards NK is not exactly overflowing with endorsement, and if push came to shove I believe China would probably cut loose this state that has been a bigger liability than an ally. All NK is to China is a buffer between the pro-western South Korea and the border with mainland China. That being said the new Leader in NK is a young man with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove to the senior military leaders. By making a big show of defiance against the Americans he can make himself look far more important than he actually is and gain some popular sentiments at home.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-04-2013, 02:08 PM
(05-04-2013 01:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  All NK is to China is a buffer between the pro-western South Korea and the border with mainland China.

So many Chinese soldiers died defending North Korea's independence. We don't want North Korea to be just a buffer. We want our neighbor to be friendly, open and prosperous also. We want North Korea to reform and open up like what China did and has being doing.

Yet North Korea majorly praised their own great leaders and didn't seem much grateful. When we told them they could follow our way, they felt offended.

What can I say? I am just able to sigh some more.

05-04-2013, 02:20 PM
(05-04-2013 02:08 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 01:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  All NK is to China is a buffer between the pro-western South Korea and the border with mainland China.

So many Chinese soldiers died defending North Korea's independence. We don't want North Korea to be just a buffer. We want our neighbor to be friendly, open and prosperous also. We want North Korea to reform and open up like what China did and has being doing.

Yet North Korea majorly praised their own great leaders and didn't seem much grateful. When we told them they could follow our way, they felt offended.

What can I say? I am just able to sigh some more.

I also wish North Korea was more open and less insane but wishing a duck was a dog gets us nowhere. This is a temper tantrum to get attention and nothing more. The US and South Korean forces are preparing for the long shot chance that it is more but all signs point to this being a short lived publicity stunt.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-04-2013, 06:49 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...arten.html lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Bowing

“My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.” - Marcus Luttrell
05-04-2013, 08:25 PM
(05-04-2013 10:05 AM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  Hey,

I'm confused... What in the heck is goin on? Are NYT, FOX, CNN reports accurate (...yeah right) or we need to know more details?

Sup with china?

Some of this may be an attempt to distract the worlds attention away from Iran for the time being. Russia, China, and North Korea are all allies of Iran.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
06-04-2013, 04:38 AM
(05-04-2013 08:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 10:05 AM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  Hey,

Sup with china?

Some of this may be an attempt to distract the worlds attention away from Iran for the time being. Russia, China, and North Korea are all allies of Iran.

China is not an ally with Iran.

I personally don't like Iran yet don't dislike it either.