Sup with North Korea's kids?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: Sup with North Korea's kids?
(10-04-2013 09:42 AM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  I personally think that the use of atomic bombs in WWII was a show off.

There is no single reason to the usage of those weapons. Part of it was to test it on a live populace, another was to prevent a full-scale invasion of the heavily fortified Japan, and yes, it was dick-waving.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Sup with North Korea's kids?
(10-04-2013 09:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 08:59 AM)I and I Wrote:  I am sorry, I don't think you understood the question: You see kids, papa government wanted to invade Iraq so they get their media to persuade public opinion on the war by WMD news constantly being talked about on the news.

There was no question to answer. The media is not government-controlled. They see some story to profit from, so they continue to report on it in a way that will provide them with more profit. I know it is hard for you to understand, but not everything does not have to be a conspiracy.

So according to you, when the media repeat what the government wants to be told to the public as was the case with the build up to the Iraq war, this was merely coincidence, many times for several months? That is a shit load of coincidences.
10-04-2013, 10:11 AM
The public was very much in favor of war post-911.
It wasn't until bodies were being shipped home and money bills were coming in that public opinion changed.

That is not because of the media's reporting. The media reported because of public opinion.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
10-04-2013, 10:17 AM
(10-04-2013 10:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The public was very much in favor of war post-911.
It wasn't until bodies were being shipped home and money bills were coming in that public opinion changed.

That is not because of the media's reporting. The media reported because of public opinion.

The people wanted the war with Iraq before the media was regurgitating government propaganda? Do you have any evidence for this claim?

If the public was already for the war, why do you think there was a huge information campaign to make up and keep lying about Iraqs WMD's? If the public was already for the war what would be the point in making up that story and selling it to the public?
10-04-2013, 10:27 AM
(10-04-2013 10:17 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 10:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The public was very much in favor of war post-911.

The people wanted the war with Iraq before the media was regurgitating government propaganda? Do you have any evidence for this claim?

If the public was already for the war, why do you think there was a huge information campaign to make up and keep lying about Iraqs WMD's? If the public was already for the war what would be the point in making up that story and selling it to the public?

I don't know if Iraq was the prime target of wraith post 9/11 but at that time any antagonist from the arab world could have been offered up to the masses. There was a concerted effort by the Bush white house to push their version of events in Iraq and yes the media did play a role in it but mainly because public opinion was firmly against anyone who spoke against the proposed invasion (See Michael Moore's oscar speech and the public backlash against him) For profit news organisations tend to only cover stories that people want to hear about. So if you are asking if a media blitz by the Bush white house affected public opinion then yes it did, however the public at the time was primed for such a blitz because of the events of 9/11 and the lasting fall-out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-04-2013, 11:07 AM
The american public was pissed after 9-11 with an anger that wanted some way to vent.

We may agree on that, but to manipulate that anger such that two very costly and useless wars were started causes one to condemn those who participated in that manipulation including the subservient press.

The lies that Iraq had various dangerous weapons was known by any observant person to be false. The press presented those lies without censor, if they did also present the facts without so much fanfare.

I am reminded of something I read by Noam Chomsky years ago on the difference between how Israeli and Palestinian actions are presented in the press. Word choice is important and the words of the administration about Iraq were presented without comment while the words of actual weapons inspectors were reported as allegations. What conclusion would the public take from that.