Super Bowl...Super Bowl...hello...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2016, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 12:38 PM by Anjele.)
Super Bowl...Super Bowl...hello...
There is an obvious lack of mention of the Super Bowl.

I find that interesting...does it mean no one cares? Does it mean that everyone is getting the beer chilled and the snacks made?

I know this is an international forum but, damn, it's nearly noon here and no one has brought it up. Consider

Anyway, I was a big Peyton Manning/Colts fan...had T-shirts and other swag...they were my team. I didn't take the move to the Broncos very well...just sort of lost interest because I don't know much about them - had never really watched them before Manning joined them.

The Panthers...I have to admit a little feeling of connection as I saw the stadium during different stages of the construction and was hearing the hype when the team started...being in SC and from NC meant I cared a little. My son was an early fan of the team.

Today's game...I will sort of, kind of watch it. I mean, it's a rule in America, right?

I hope it's a good game and that Manning doesn't choke. It's probably his last game so a win would be a nice thing. The best thing about the game, IMO, is that the Patriots can't win it. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: Super Bowl...Super Bowl...hello...
Could only care less if I put some effort into it - and I'm just not going to.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-02-2016, 11:56 AM
(07-02-2016 11:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Could only care less if I put some effort into it - and I'm just not going to.....

Tell me how you really feel Biker...haha!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

07-02-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm going with the darkie against the pasty white boy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
07-02-2016, 12:03 PM
(07-02-2016 11:58 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm going with the darkie against the pasty white boy.

Good lord god Girly, the things you say. Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-02-2016, 12:13 PM
The only bowl worth watching is the Puppy Bowl.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
07-02-2016, 12:15 PM
I'll watch it because there's no hockey game on.
07-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Husband has stocked the fridge with beer. He hasn't decided who to root for yet.

It hasn't been so much front of the news here in Mass, maybe some sour grapes from the Pats losing.

I have some paperwork to do, so I'll probably be in the room while the game is on, but not much watching it.
07-02-2016, 12:35 PM
My birthday was last Monday, the wife's is tomorrow and the MIL's is next week. We're using the superbowl as an excuse to celebrate all three so the actual game is pretty negligible, but good times with the family nonetheless.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
07-02-2016, 12:39 PM
(07-02-2016 12:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  My birthday was last Monday, the wife's is tomorrow and the MIL's is next week. We're using the superbowl as an excuse to celebrate all three so the actual game is pretty negligible, but good times with the family nonetheless.

And all the good snacks are on sale. Tongue