Super Bowl...Super Bowl...hello...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: Super Bowl...Super Bowl...hello...
(07-02-2016 04:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have listened to practically nothing by Lady Gaga as I don't listen to the radio. I hear she actually does have a good voice. I guess I will find out.

I'm sure she does, I'm just curious as to what led to the decision to have her do it vs any of the other qualified choices available.

Well, not really that curious. It did make me cock an eyebrow though.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2016, 04:24 PM
(07-02-2016 04:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 04:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have listened to practically nothing by Lady Gaga as I don't listen to the radio. I hear she actually does have a good voice. I guess I will find out.

She was amazing at the oscars tribute to the sound of music.

Really, like I was shocked. I was all why the hell is she singing anything...then she began..

I was stunned she could sing that well without all the bells and whistles she normally uses. Gorgeous voice.

Then I am good with it. As long as she doesn't dress like one of the patrons of the Star Wars bar. I know there are people that won't agree with me but I think the song needs to be performed with a degree of respect.

Now if she can belt it like Whitney did...I will listen to some of her other stuff. Whitney Houston's rendition still gives me chills.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
07-02-2016, 04:27 PM
(07-02-2016 04:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

She was amazing at the oscars tribute to the sound of music.

Really, like I was shocked. I was all why the hell is she singing anything...then she began..

I was stunned she could sing that well without all the bells and whistles she normally uses. Gorgeous voice.

Fair enough. She's famous and can sing good. I'm like Anj, though, don't know much about her except she's fucking weird.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Only exposure I've had to her is on American Horror Story and for like 3 episodes in I thought she was the gay dude at the desk. ... They should've cast her as the gay dude at the desk.

#sigh
07-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Umm... you people watch the half-time shows? Blink
Laugh out load
'Bout the only one I wish I hadn't missed was Janet's boobie floppin out! Blush
Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
07-02-2016, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 05:01 PM by UndauntedToast.)
My favorite holiday! Wink

I guess I'm hoping the Panthers take it, just because the two Carolinas are like second homes to me (family there). They've been a tremendous first half team all season long, but have been pedestrian in the second half. The Broncos, on the other hand, boast a vanilla offense with spurts of good play with a tenacious defense. If the Broncos can manage to keep the game close going into the second half, I have them winning 20-17. They've lived and died by grind-'em-out games all season long. This looks like Peyton's swan song. We'll see.

Watching it alone. One of my friends and his wife are hosting a get together, but my lower back is killing me.

Look out for my friends from Death Wish Coffee during the third quarter in a commercial. Wink
07-02-2016, 04:45 PM
(07-02-2016 04:36 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Umm... you people watch the half-time shows? Blink
Laugh out load
Tongue

Halftime shows have become a joke. Was it last year that they brought Lenny Kravitz out for about 15 seconds? I mean really what was the point of that?

They take a bunch of random acts and through them together in a confusing mess in their effort to 'appeal' to everyone.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
07-02-2016, 04:59 PM
(07-02-2016 03:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 02:47 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I'll probably watch it. It kicks of at 11.30pm local time over here. I'll be rooting for the Denver Broncos as I got drunk in Denver once and they seem to be the underdogs. Watching Coldplay at half time will probably put me into a deep slumber.

I heard that Lady Gaga is going to sing the national anthem. Is anyone else annoyed by this? I don't even know why, but it just seems wrong to me for some reason. Dodgy

She is a very talented singer. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2016, 04:59 PM
(07-02-2016 04:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 04:36 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Umm... you people watch the half-time shows? Blink
Laugh out load
Tongue

Halftime shows have become a joke. Was it last year that they brought Lenny Kravitz out for about 15 seconds? I mean really what was the point of that?

They take a bunch of random acts and through them together in a confusing mess in their effort to 'appeal' to everyone.

That, plus I think it's a little "lets bring out some nostalgia from the last decade" thing in an attempt to get as many eyes on their commercials as possible! Confused

I'd like to see a mock fighter plane battle in the sky! Evil_monster That'd be a fuckin half time show, I tellz ya! Thumbsup

07-02-2016, 05:00 PM
(07-02-2016 03:53 PM)Marozz Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 03:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I heard that Lady Gaga is going to sing the national anthem. Is anyone else annoyed by this? I don't even know why, but it just seems wrong to me for some reason. Dodgy

Your right, I just checked it out, she says it's a dream come through. I'm not from the US, but from what little I know about Lady Gaga, it does seem to be a strange choice. Should be interesting.

Stranger than having a British group do the half-time show at this quintessentially American event? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post