Super Nintendo woes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2015, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2015 07:01 PM by Smercury44.)
Sad Super Nintendo woes
Saw someone playing super Nintendo on facebook, and I got super jealous. Decided to pull out mine, and hook it up. The only problem - I was missing both the ac power adapter and the video cable.

Off to Amazon I went! Bought the SNS-002 ac adapter,and the video cable for it. They came in the mail today.

Oh joy, got it all hooked up, popped in Donkey Kong Country, and off I went. Deleted an old game file, and selected that file to start from scratch. From there, I got this screen:

[Image: ZxlLjxF.jpg]

Yeah, cause I totally have the instruction manual from 20 years ago Dodgy

So I assumed it just didn't like being hooked up to my new fangled TV, and took it upstairs where I've still got an old tube TV. Got everything hooked up.... And it won't even turn on now. The indicator light doesn't come on.

What do you guys think? Think the power cord might be bad? It is obviously used with minor wear and tear (no breaks in the cord though). Or do you think the console itself is shot? It was working perfectly until I got that screen. Undecided

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2015, 05:33 PM
RE: Super Nintendo woes
Do you have a dvr connected to the first tv?
If so, could the game be reading the dvr as the unauthorized recording device?
13-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Yeah, but there's no way this ancient thing knows what a DVR is. Plus I'm not too worried about that anymore if I can't even get the damn thing to turn on Sad

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
13-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Could probably find an instruction manual for it online, maybe? Undecided

13-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Donkey Kong County? Is that like a beta version of Donkey Kong Country? :-)

Be sure your device is hooked up directly to the TV and directly to the wall, no other units involved. The cord might be incompatible, even though it was an NES adapter.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
13-02-2015, 06:39 PM
(13-02-2015 05:57 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Donkey Kong County? Is that like a beta version of Donkey Kong Country? :-)

Be sure your device is hooked up directly to the TV and directly to the wall, no other units involved. The cord might be incompatible, even though it was an NES adapter.

Tongue

I bought the exact model of ac adapter that the unit was originally sold with. I'd read a couple of horror stories about trying to use newer versions of it.

Ugh, just wish there was some way to tell if the power cord was bad, or the console itself.

[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
13-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Playing this on piano at a music store and having a couple come up to me very impressed was the best feeling... She thought it was beautiful... He thought he had met his nerd man crush.

Probably top 10 video game soundtracks

[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
13-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Why you do dis, WATC???? Why????? Weeping

Ahhhh the hours I spent tranced out to this song and floating along collecting my bananas, and riding a magical sword fish....

[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
13-02-2015, 07:08 PM
(13-02-2015 07:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Why you do dis, WATC???? Why????? Weeping

Ahhhh the hours I spent tranced out to this song and floating along collecting my bananas, and riding a magical sword fish....

[Image: memories-memories-everywhere.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
13-02-2015, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2015 07:22 PM by yakherder.)
This probably violates some kind of fundamental nerd code of ethics but... Emulator Tongue

Anyone else here have the XBAND back in the day? For those unfamiliar, it was a relatively short lived (but awesome) dial up console modem and gaming network. Killer Instinct online... Good times.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post