13-02-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: Super Nintendo woes
[Image: 025.jpg]

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2015, 07:31 PM
It's official.... The console is shot Weeping I found our electrical tester thingy. The power cord and consol are both getting power.... Just won't turn on Weeping NOOOOOOO!!!!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
13-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Smack it around a little, can't hurt. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
13-02-2015, 08:04 PM
(13-02-2015 07:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  It's official.... The console is shot Weeping I found our electrical tester thingy. The power cord and consol are both getting power.... Just won't turn on Weeping NOOOOOOO!!!!!

http://www.lukiegames.com/snes-super-nin...ystem.html

Make sure nobody screws you over.

And keep the broken console. You might be able to give it to someone who can use the spare parts to fit together a functioning console.

If you feel like doing the repairs yourself:

https://de.ifixit.com/Device/Super_Nintendo

Or have someone repair it for you:

http://www.nesrepairshop.com/Catalog/

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
13-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Too funny, I just got done with the NES repair shop website. I'm shipping it in. Is it worth the $50?? Uh.... Yeah Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
13-02-2015, 09:15 PM
(13-02-2015 07:31 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  It's official.... The console is shot Weeping I found our electrical tester thingy. The power cord and consol are both getting power.... Just won't turn on Weeping NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Finally. Data that demonstrates the half life of Nintendium.

You've earnt this.
[Image: large-nobel-chemistry-medal.jpg]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
13-02-2015, 09:22 PM
(13-02-2015 09:15 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  

Finally. Data that demonstrates the half life of Nintendium.

You've earnt this.
[Image: large-nobel-chemistry-medal.jpg]

I humbly accept... It came at a price

13-02-2015, 09:52 PM
It's certainly plausible it just gave up the ghost, the lifespan of electronic components being finite and all that, but it's likewise possible that the afterparty power supply helped it shuffle off this mortal coil...

In any case, there's this wonderful thing called ZSNES, and I've no doubt an enterprising lass like yourself might find certain internet resources whereby you might acquire, as we say, images of certain, as we might say, cartridges... Hell, if you own the games in the first place, that's not even illegal*!

*Under Canadian law. I don't pretend to understand your crazy foreign arcana.

... this is my signature!
13-02-2015, 10:03 PM
(13-02-2015 09:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  It's certainly plausible it just gave up the ghost, the lifespan of electronic components being finite and all that, but it's likewise possible that the afterparty power supply helped it shuffle off this mortal coil...

In any case, there's this wonderful thing called ZSNES, and I've no doubt an enterprising lass like yourself might find certain internet resources whereby you might acquire, as we say, images of certain, as we might say, cartridges... Hell, if you own the games in the first place, that's not even illegal*!

*Under Canadian law. I don't pretend to understand your crazy foreign arcana.

Same with US... but I don't know elsewhere, it's actually legal to have a game you don't own for 24 hours Wink

There's also websites to simply get abundances of games, Vizzed is one site like that. But some people want the classic sit down and grab the ole controller style.

It's been awhile, but last time I tried to play my N64 things were not looking good for how it was working

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-02-2015, 10:31 PM
My N64 is still in perfect condition Big Grin just played it a couple of weeks ago.