Super bowl ad offends catholics..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2011, 09:07 AM

Super bowl ad offends catholics..
have you seen this yet... the faux news video bit is amusing too...

i've found their jibberish offencive for years... eat that bill donahue !!

http://www.nypress.com/blog-8019-oh-jesu...hurch.html
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2011, 01:36 PM
RE: Super bowl ad offends catholics..
I didn't think it was all that funny. Whether or not it was offensive is up to the viewer, I guess. However, given the subject matter and the general over sensitivity of people in general and religious groups in particular, it certainly was not a smart add to make.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2011, 02:57 PM

(07-01-2011 01:36 PM)BnW Wrote:  I didn't think it was all that funny. Whether or not it was offensive is up to the viewer, I guess. However, given the subject matter and the general over sensitivity of people in general and religious groups in particular, it certainly was not a smart add to make.

LOL... and a real priest made it to boot... :-)
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2011, 03:29 PM
I like how the fellow Lars quotes the passage about Jesus throwing the moneychangers out of the temple. Seems to me that the conservative side has been using god and Jesus as celebrity spokespeople more than anything else anyway. I also like how Fox still claims to be fair and balanced and it's sheep still believe them.
08-01-2011, 09:12 AM
It was funny for a commercial. Offensive? Clearly, if it offended a whole lot of people. Should it be? Probably not. But regardless, if they wanted to air it, that's free speech. If they don't want to air it, that's perfectly legal too, though it'd be a shame if the only reason they didn't was due to the pressure.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
08-01-2011, 03:50 PM
I think I posted this video when I started the thread Fun Religion.
I hate the fact they cut out before showing the AVGN.

It's fun and I think that's what religious people fear most sometimes - people not taking their beliefs seriously.If they are so easily offended , how fragile are their beliefs ?!
11-01-2011, 08:56 AM
I heard it elsewhere, but it's worth repeating - if you don't want your beliefs made fun of, don't have stupid beliefs.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
LMAO - don't have stupid beliefs - that's a good one Big Grin