SuperGirl: At least it's better than the movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2015, 06:28 PM

Of course so is being shot in the genitals and I wouldn't want to endure that for an entire season. This looks like shit. A late 90's CW show with crap special effects and annoying people. The worst of the Bunch has to be the Devil wears Uggs boss, she is change the channel bad. After Daredevil and even Arrow this show feels so dated from the bad old days of superhero franchises being horrible.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2015, 06:45 PM
After seeing the Green Lantern movie turn Parallax into a space turd, this won't seem bad.
14-05-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: SuperGirl: At least it's better than the movie
Jesus... God... they turned it into a rom com.
[+] 2 users Like WalkingSnake's post
14-05-2015, 07:42 AM
It's Ally McBeal with a superman skin. I guess that's what they were going for.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
14-05-2015, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 09:38 AM by Revenant77x.)
Sooo it's like they watched the Black Widow SNL Skit and used it as a checklist.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-05-2015, 01:27 PM
(14-05-2015 08:26 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Sooo it's like they watched the Black Widow SNL Skit and used it as a checklist.

LOL yep! Everything that the Black Widow skit was making as parody, CBS just went, "Yeah, we're gonna do it seriously."
[+] 1 user Likes WalkingSnake's post
15-05-2015, 11:06 AM
(13-05-2015 06:45 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  After seeing the Green Lantern movie turn Parallax into a space turd, this won't seem bad.

Ugh don't start me on Green Lantern.

Parallax gets defeated with a move that all the Green Lanterns learn in basic training. But none of the them thought of this. Green Lanterns that have been defending the universe for YEARS can't figure this out!

..But i digress..

Supergirl, is going to be cookie cutter. We won't see any original ideas coming from this show. It will probably last longer then the Wonder Woman TV show they wanted to bring out. But I don't believe this is going to have a huge following.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
17-05-2015, 08:55 AM
Not sure why anyone would bother watching that supergirl show considering that they've basically summarised it in that short trailer.

And why can't she have her own story? Why does she have to be a wannabe journalist with a nasty boss just like superman? If they wanted to go through with the whole idea of wanting a normal life then maybe have her developing a career as a scientist or something useful that she has a passion about and wanting some freedom to make choices not dictated by who she was born as. The problem with supergirl's story is that as soon as she comes to terms with being a superhero it all becomes rather pointless. Yet if there was a really good reason to maintain her secret identity then it would keep it interesting. A career that she has worked long and hard at would provide that motivation.

Not that superman was ever a decent superhero anyway. Although why does it have to be that he's always away when she's around? If she had a different story then they could exist in the same setting together.