Supermanlives1973’s kryptonite!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
31-03-2010, 08:53 PM

Supermanlives1973’s kryptonite!
I have found Supermanlives1973 kryptonite and it is TRUTH! This is his quote, “There were a number of quotes that martinb59 had posted where he had taken them out of context. He was quickly corrected, though, and called on it (I love doing that!)”. I was not on the site when he wrote that, but I am now. So I offered him a challenge and he declined, although he said he “I love doing that!” As long as he can bury his head in the sand and ignore the truth he can go about his life. He will not believe God exists by me proving that there are no contradictions in the Bible, but I believe that the more he realizes his position is flawed the more he will be forced to look at his atheist belief and therefore he won’t accept the challenge.

This is a video about why Richard Dawkins won’t debate William Lane Craig. Dawkins says “He will debate Bishops, Cardinals, Popes but he doesn’t have time to debate Craig.” I guess that is atheist logic, he has time to debate those who are not as prepared, but has no time to debate someone who is. Dawkins will lose and be found out for who is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFamS4RGE_A

So Supermanlives1973 here is your chance to embarrass me in front of all your friends. If you don't do it then I think it only fair for you to never mention Bible contradictions again.
Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2010, 10:18 PM

RE: Supermanlives1973’s kryptonite!
First, let's start with the definition of 'truth' that I prescribe to, just so we are all clear (and by 'all', I mean martin):

truth /truθ/ Show Spelled[trooth] Show IPA
–noun,pluraltruths /truðz, truθs/ Show Spelled[troothz, trooths] Show IPA.
1.the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
2.conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
3.a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
4.the state or character of being true.
5.actuality or actual existence.
6.an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
7.honesty; integrity; truthfulness.
8.(often initial capital letter) ideal or fundamental reality apart from and transcending perceived experience: the basic truths of life.
9.agreement with a standard or original.
10.accuracy, as of position or adjustment.
11.Archaic. fidelity or constancy.

Funny...none of the definitions refer to the 'bible'...or 'god'...or...or...Jebus! I thought they were all the ultimate 'truth'? Huh...I guess the dictionary.com site is too 'secular'.

So, martin, what's your definition of 'truth'? The bible? Jesus?

My position is not flawed...there is no god. The bible is NOT the inerrant word of god, it is the word of stone-aged peasants who had nothing better to do than make up stories to scare their kids with. I would rather read The Lord of the Rings...at least it's more interesting.

I said earlier that I will not debate you...I take the same stance as Dawkins does against William Lane Craig. For your info, the reason he refuses to debate Craig isn't out of fear...it is to avoid the frustration of having to deal with circular logic. You seem to share that trait with Craig. Tongue

Also, the stuff Craig likes to debate about is outside of Dawkin's realm of knowledge (Craig likes to talk a lot about the Kalam Cosmological argument...Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist...no where near the same topic). Why doesn't Craig debate John Loftus? What, his former student has one up on him?

Fine, martin, you want a friend to play with in the sandbox? I'll be that person. But, so help me, if you steal my shovel and pail, you'll pay for it!
31-03-2010, 11:28 PM

First, have you ever listened to John Loftus? Please, you like youtube, look him up,"grilling John W. Loftus" three parts. Why would anyone debate him, there are some who think he is delusional, look at some of his debates, it appears to me that you haven't.

You love looking stuff up! Here is my feeling on truth, let's start with the beginning of what I think truth is. In order for a statement to be a true, it must be a claim that can, somehow, be refuted. If there is no way for a claim to be refuted, then it is not a truth claim and it can never achieve the status of truth. I believe in the Principle of Non-Contradiction. Call me a westerner but I do not believe in Dialectical Logic. We are not talking about the truth of the Bible, we are talking about contradictions, they are there or they are not. So tell me one, go online like you like, and find the one that others think is the hardest to answer.

You made the comment that I took things out of context, maybe I did show me on one and I will try an answer it. You made the claim it is either true or not, maybe it is.

"Funny...none of the definitions refer to the 'bible'...or 'god'...or...or...Jebus! I thought they were all the ultimate 'truth'? Huh...I guess the dictionary.com site is too 'secular'." I don't see evolution in those definitions either. Why WOULD the Bible and evolution not be included in those definitions? I will wait for an answer.

Number 6 and 9 on your list will come back to bite you at some point...trust me.

"I said earlier that I will not debate you...I take the same stance as Dawkins does against William Lane Craig. For your info, the reason he refuses to debate Craig isn't out of fear...it is to avoid the frustration of having to deal with circular logic. You seem to share that trait with Craig." So you are saying that Bishops, Popes, Cardinals don't use the Bible to make their points? I assume that is what you mean by circular logic. To quote Unbeliever "Bollocks" Watch Craig debate he is well prepared, well read and he would shred Dawkins!
01-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Just couldn't stay away huh?
Well Martin, whether I like to admit it or not...I missed you and your shenanigans!!

Let the games begin.

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2010, 06:48 AM
(31-03-2010 08:53 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  I have found Supermanlives1973 kryptonite and it is TRUTH! This is his quote, “There were a number of quotes that martinb59 had posted where he had taken them out of context. He was quickly corrected, though, and called on it (I love doing that!)”. I was not on the site when he wrote that, but I am now. So I offered him a challenge and he declined, although he said he “I love doing that!” As long as he can bury his head in the sand and ignore the truth he can go about his life. He will not believe God exists by me proving that there are no contradictions in the Bible, but I believe that the more he realizes his position is flawed the more he will be forced to look at his atheist belief and therefore he won’t accept the challenge.

<snip>

So Supermanlives1973 here is your chance to embarrass me in front of all your friends. If you don't do it then I think it only fair for you to never mention Bible contradictions again.

Your entire "kryptonite" is one giant straw man. This is what supermanlives1973 said:

supermanlives1973 Wrote:There were a number of quotes that martinb59 had posted where he had taken them out of context. He was quickly corrected, though, and called on it (I love doing that!).

Here is what you said:

Quote:He will not believe God exists by me proving that there are no contradictions in the Bible, but I believe that the more he realizes his position is flawed the more he will be forced to look at his atheist belief and therefore he won’t accept the challenge.

<snip>

See the difference? supermanlives was talking about when you took quotes out of context - which you did - and you are strawmanning by claiming that he was gloating about contradictions in the Bible. He wasn't talking about contradictions at all, so this entire thread is pointless.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2010, 10:20 AM

(01-04-2010 06:48 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(31-03-2010 08:53 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  I have found Supermanlives1973 kryptonite and it is TRUTH! This is his quote, “There were a number of quotes that martinb59 had posted where he had taken them out of context. He was quickly corrected, though, and called on it (I love doing that!)”. I was not on the site when he wrote that, but I am now. So I offered him a challenge and he declined, although he said he “I love doing that!” As long as he can bury his head in the sand and ignore the truth he can go about his life. He will not believe God exists by me proving that there are no contradictions in the Bible, but I believe that the more he realizes his position is flawed the more he will be forced to look at his atheist belief and therefore he won’t accept the challenge.

<snip>

Your entire "kryptonite" is one giant straw man. This is what supermanlives1973 said:

supermanlives1973 Wrote:There were a number of quotes that martinb59 had posted where he had taken them out of context. He was quickly corrected, though, and called on it (I love doing that!).

Here is what you said:

Quote:He will not believe God exists by me proving that there are no contradictions in the Bible, but I believe that the more he realizes his position is flawed the more he will be forced to look at his atheist belief and therefore he won’t accept the challenge.

<snip>

See the difference? supermanlives was talking about when you took quotes out of context - which you did - and you are strawmanning by claiming that he was gloating about contradictions in the Bible. He wasn't talking about contradictions at all, so this entire thread is pointless.

I talked about Bible quotes and my quotes, so you are wrong again. I said If I took a quote out of context then show me maybe I did, and I will answer it if I did.
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2010 11:55 AM by Unbeliever.)
(01-04-2010 10:20 AM)martinb59 Wrote:  I talked about Bible quotes and my quotes, so you are wrong again.

I never said you didn't. It is you that is wrong. He accused you of taking quotes out of context. You somehow twisted this into a statement on Biblical contradictions. This is a straw man.

Quote:I said If I took a quote out of context then show me maybe I did, and I will answer it if I did.

Well, whatever. It may be disingenuous, but at least you're not strawmanning any more.
We've been through this before, martin. Your "dinosaur" quote was taken well out of context. When taken in-context, it is quite clear that it is talking about dragons. Though you refused to admit it last time, even after we had proven it, so I don't really see the point in arguing it again.
I've linked to the conversation above in the bolded text. For anyone who wants to see the evidence of martinb59 taking quotes from the Bible out of context, you can read it for yourselves. Nothing good can come from a repetition of that argument, seeing as it just dissolved into flames last time.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2010, 05:52 AM

martin, when you are ready to start debating about theology (and not 'he said, she said'), let me know.

We can start with a simple one...what YOU personally believe. I recall this question being asked of you before and all you did was dance around the answer.

Patiently awaiting your response.
02-04-2010, 06:48 AM

This is a video about why Richard Dawkins won’t debate William Lane Craig. Dawkins says “He will debate Bishops, Cardinals, Popes but he doesn’t have time to debate Craig.” I guess that is atheist logic, he has time to debate those who are not as prepared, but has no time to debate someone who is. Dawkins will lose and be found out for who is.

i don´t really know what your problem is. He answers the question why he won´t do that. He says clearly

I won´t debate creationists.

and since the pope admits that evolution is true he doesn´t break his own rules (like yahweh does).
And Richard Dawkins is a professor of oxford university who has something better to do than debate a stubborn, ignorant person who beliefs in talking snakes, unicorns and dragons who has no ambition to change his life or beliefs.

If he´ll debate him or not, the result is the same. Craig would stay creationist and dawkins atheist. The only thing that would happen is that craig would embarrasse himself without realizing...

PS: sorry for my bad english but i´m german
Find all posts by this user
02-04-2010, 01:41 PM

(02-04-2010 06:48 AM)Germanatheist007 Wrote:  

i don´t really know what your problem is. He answers the question why he won´t do that. He says clearly

I won´t debate creationists.

and since the pope admits that evolution is true he doesn´t break his own rules (like yahweh does).
And Richard Dawkins is a professor of oxford university who has something better to do than debate a stubborn, ignorant person who beliefs in talking snakes, unicorns and dragons who has no ambition to change his life or beliefs.

If he´ll debate him or not, the result is the same. Craig would stay creationist and dawkins atheist. The only thing that would happen is that craig would embarrasse himself without realizing...

PS: sorry for my bad english but i´m german

The current Pope has said "that evolution can coexist with faith". He said "He said evolution did not answer all the questions: “Above all it does not answer the great philosophical question, ‘Where does everything come from?’ A far cry saying he believes in evolution. I believe in micro evolution, not macro evolution. I believe that is what the Pope believes also.

As far as Craig goes he has a doctorate in Philosophy at the University of Birmingham England, and a doctorate in Theology