Supermanlives1973’s kryptonite!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
03-04-2010, 07:40 PM

RE: Supermanlives1973’s kryptonite!
(03-04-2010 07:31 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(03-04-2010 07:16 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  Fine.

1. Where did all the water come from to cause the flood? Where did all the water go afterwards?

2. How did ALL the animals (even ones as far away as Australia) make their way to early Palestine?

3. How was it that the carnivore's did not eat the other animals, seeing how they were trapped on a boat approx. 450 feet long?

4. How did such a small ship hold so many animals? (estimated at about 16,000 of each type * 2 (one male, one femail) = 32,000).

5. How did the human race get rekindled with only Noah, his wife, 3 sons and their daughters? A lot of incest?

I expect answers to these, martin. Not a 'god did it' or 'god helped' answer. Use science.

I will give it my best shot, but once again you cut and paste from every atheist site. I am gone for a day, so Monday. Have a nice Easter!

Did not. In fact, these were questions in my own head. If they happen to be the same as other atheists, well...I am an atheist, aren't I?
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2010, 08:06 PM

(03-04-2010 07:40 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  
(03-04-2010 07:31 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(03-04-2010 07:16 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  Fine.

1. Where did all the water come from to cause the flood? Where did all the water go afterwards?

2. How did ALL the animals (even ones as far away as Australia) make their way to early Palestine?

3. How was it that the carnivore's did not eat the other animals, seeing how they were trapped on a boat approx. 450 feet long?

4. How did such a small ship hold so many animals? (estimated at about 16,000 of each type * 2 (one male, one femail) = 32,000).

5. How did the human race get rekindled with only Noah, his wife, 3 sons and their daughters? A lot of incest?

I expect answers to these, martin. Not a 'god did it' or 'god helped' answer. Use science.

I will give it my best shot, but once again you cut and paste from every atheist site. I am gone for a day, so Monday. Have a nice Easter!

Did not. In fact, these were questions in my own head. If they happen to be the same as other atheists, well...I am an atheist, aren't I?

Did you say your wife was a Christian in one of your posts? Or does she just believe in God?
03-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Strange that you have the time to ask questions, but not answer them.

Get to it Martin.

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2010, 09:35 PM
(03-04-2010 01:44 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  A general comment, for the most part atheists claim they are “free thinkers” This site is called “The Thinking Atheist”. So many of you talk about logic, reason and science yet I see very little of it

It's there, martin. You denying this does not make it go away.

Quote:you determine truth based on a complete lack of understanding of the subject you are commenting on.

I find this statement incredibly funny. Anyone else?

(03-04-2010 04:59 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Unbeliever save your misapplication of the ad populum fallacy, not interested.

It's not a misapplication. You saying that it is does not make it so. Saying "nuh-uh" isn't a rebuttal, martin, it's juvenile denial. Nothing more, nothing less.
If you're really the intellectual giant that you claim to be, you should be able to come up with something better than that.

Quote:Let's take the Flood first, what evidence do I need to prove to you that it happened?

The evidence is already there. We have everything that you need to prove that the flood happened - if it happened, anyway. We have the geological records, carbon dating, fossils, laws of conservation, knowledge of ocean levels over time, et cetera. Does your flood theory explain all of these things, or are you like every other flood apologist whose only answer is that the evidence is wrong?

Quote:You need to learn the fallacies first and stop misapplying them. I have shown you many times how you misapply them but you refuse to learn.

You have completely and utterly failed to do so. Every single time you have "shown me how I misapplied them" I have shown you why it is not a misapplication. Your only response afterward is to storm out in a huff and pretend that it never happened. This isn't exactly impressive.
Perhaps it's you that needs to learn the fallacies. Did you never think of that?

Quote:Show me transcripts of the logic and debate classes or teams that you are on or have been on at any other level than high school

Show me yours.
On second thought, don't, because I don't care. It's entirely irrelevant. It's argument ad hominem, nothing more.

Quote:and we can continue with your fallacies, other than save your fingers because it is not worth it.

Either prove that your fallacies are not fallacies or admit that your arguments are flawed. This is not a difficult concept to understand, and I find your constant attempts to dodge the issue pathetic and annoying.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2010, 04:01 AM
Ok, i think it´s quit laughable that you think we would force you our beliefs, while you´re on an atheist site^^.

And can you answer me some questions. I know my english is very bad, but i think you should understand what i mean...

Why do you want to convert us? Why are you bothering us? Why do you go to an atheist site to talk about god?

Even if your god is the right one and the other 10.000 gods are wrong, why is it so important to you that everybody must know it?

Be proud of yourself, if he really exists and laugh at us while we´re tortured in hell for eternity but please let us live our lifes in our own way and keep religion out of school and politics, that´s all i want to say...

PS: unbeliever you ignored my post^^. answer me or go to hell^^.
04-04-2010, 01:20 PM
(04-04-2010 04:01 AM)Germanatheist007 Wrote:  PS: unbeliever you ignored my post^^. answer me or go to hell^^.

Oops, my bad. I missed your last post - an avatar would help, as it's kind of difficult to keep track of usernames alone.

Anyway, yes, there will be a part two, but as for when, I'm not sure. I don't have quite as much free time as I'd like.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2010, 05:24 PM

(03-04-2010 02:00 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(03-04-2010 01:44 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  A general comment, for the most part atheists claim they are “free thinkers” This site is called “The Thinking Atheist”. So many of you talk about logic, reason and science yet I see very little of it, you determine truth based on a complete lack of understanding of the subject you are commenting on. I will have to assume that is how you approached your decsuionon atheism also.

I have never seen you give any compelling evidence for god. Typically, what I think the main difference between atheist and theists is just a different stranded of evidence. What you find as evidence doesn't meet mt qualification. You have stated more than plenty of reasons to belief there is a god, but I haven't found any satisfactory. I really don't think this is something that can be changed, people use their standard of evidence on a daily bases, and it's not something anyone likes to change.

What is/are you standards of evidence?
04-04-2010, 08:24 PM
(04-04-2010 05:24 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(03-04-2010 02:00 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(03-04-2010 01:44 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  A general comment, for the most part atheists claim they are “free thinkers” This site is called “The Thinking Atheist”. So many of you talk about logic, reason and science yet I see very little of it, you determine truth based on a complete lack of understanding of the subject you are commenting on. I will have to assume that is how you approached your decsuionon atheism also.

I have never seen you give any compelling evidence for god. Typically, what I think the main difference between atheist and theists is just a different stranded of evidence. What you find as evidence doesn't meet mt qualification. You have stated more than plenty of reasons to belief there is a god, but I haven't found any satisfactory. I really don't think this is something that can be changed, people use their standard of evidence on a daily bases, and it's not something anyone likes to change.

What is/are you standards of evidence?

Good question, but almost impossible to put it perfectly in words. There are hundreds of factors in any given situation that go into decision making. I give authority some wight, but it's meaningless without evidence. Factual evidence makes my world go round. I don't like making jumps in logic, and unless I can find a clear and reasonable path to the next point, I reject it.

As I said, it's next to impossible to put into words. The point I was trying to get to is that I've heard the evidence for god, you've heard the evidence against, and all the words and reasons in the world won't change anything. The steps to believing in god are simply to big for me. This isn't the case for everyone, obviously.

I'm tempted to ask you your standard of evidence, but I realize I can't ask you to do something that I have failed so badly with.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!