Supermoon and Persids tonight

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Supermoon and Persids tonight
Just a reminder to look up in the night sky to see the so called "supermoon" and maybe even see part of the Annual Persids Meteor Shower

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
10-08-2014, 08:28 PM
RE: Supermoon and Persids tonight
If only.

We don't even have a sub-moon in our polluted night's sky.

[Image: IMG_0643paint.JPG]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
10-08-2014, 08:38 PM
(10-08-2014 08:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  If only.

Well that sucks but that's still a beautiful sight.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-08-2014, 10:26 PM
(10-08-2014 08:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 08:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  If only.

Well that sucks but that's still a beautiful sight.

Yup, but wasteful.

That's what a country does when it has no national debt. Big Grin

10-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Looking out the window at the moon now. Looks nice, but I was already ooh-ing and ahh-ing over it last night, kinda looks the same Blush still very beautiful, love to see a full moon Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-08-2014, 10:28 PM
(10-08-2014 10:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 08:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well that sucks but that's still a beautiful sight.

Yup, but wasteful.

That's what a country does when it has no national debt. Big Grin

Sad but true

11-08-2014, 05:28 AM
Saw the Supermoon last night from here in Dublin. As an added bonus the ISS passed over as well. Fantastic!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
11-08-2014, 05:30 AM
(11-08-2014 05:28 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Saw the Supermoon last night from here in Dublin. As an added bonus the ISS passed over as well. Fantastic!

Awesome!

11-08-2014, 12:43 PM
The perseid peak will be at midnight, Wednesday morning (UT)... Unfortunately the waning gibbous moon will be bright enough to seriously reduce your chances of seeing many.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2014, 03:24 PM
(10-08-2014 10:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Looking out the window at the moon now. Looks nice, but I was already ooh-ing and ahh-ing over it last night, kinda looks the same Blush still very beautiful, love to see a full moon Yes

Hesitating on making a stalkerish joke Tongue lol I was gonna say "I was ooh-ing and ahh-ing over you from the bushes last night". Laugh out load I didn't see it but I bet it looked beautiful.

(11-08-2014 12:43 PM)Sam Wrote:  The perseid peak will be at midnight, Wednesday morning (UT)... Unfortunately the waning gibbous moon will be bright enough to seriously reduce your chances of seeing many.

Awesome! I probably won't get to see it, never do lol

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post