Supernatural selection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2014, 04:16 AM
Supernatural selection
What kind of God rewards those who lack critical thinking skills, believe for the sake of convenience or are master sycophants? Why would the prospect of spending an eternity with such individuals seem appealing to anyone? This seems to be some sort of supernatural selection; we should be grateful that it didn't influence the evolution of life on this planet.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes mknight's post
04-04-2014, 04:22 AM
RE: Supernatural selection
What kind of god? A god named Jealous.

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God

Pathetic!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-04-2014, 04:28 AM
(04-04-2014 04:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God

More importantly, why would a god say this if there is only supposed to be one true god?

If God is referring specifically to fantasy gods that don't exist, then why not also specify other things as well like worshipping money, power, humans, political parties etc?

Or maybe Moses gave up trying to carve in the asterisk and small print on the tablets of stone because his chisel was too big.
04-04-2014, 04:34 AM
Well Yahweh was only ever the god of the Jews. There are many references to other gods in the Bible. Christians simply misunderstood.

Emeror Flavius Claudius Julianus speaks of this in his criticism of Christianity.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
04-04-2014, 04:40 AM
(04-04-2014 04:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  What kind of god? A god named Jealous.

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God

Pathetic!

Pathetic indeed.

But since we have no evidence that any supernatural entity of any description exists so no good reason to believe in such then it just comes down to ancient people trying to make sense of the world.

I am pretty sure that the early tribes around Abraham and Moses' day were polytheist so Yahweh (he of the large ego) being a war god would have been scaring people into worshipping him alone. Then over time he gets a pretty good marketing team together, has a brand make over and convinces everyone he's the only god in show.

Then along come NT times and he gets another make over to convince people he is now a loving, cuddly father figure, well apart from all the batshit crazy stuff in Revelations. I think that may have been written after one hell of a mushroom party.

I now have the image of Moses and his huge chisel strolling round my head Laugh out load

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
04-04-2014, 04:44 AM
I should clarify.

By pathetic I refer to people still believing such nonsense.

Banjo.
04-04-2014, 04:58 AM
(04-04-2014 04:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I should clarify.

By pathetic I refer to people still believing such nonsense.

I was referring to both them and their nasty imaginary friend Big Grin

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
04-04-2014, 05:02 AM
mnight, did you miss this post?:

(31-03-2014 09:19 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  mknight, could you look at this link and share your thoughts about it with us?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
04-04-2014, 05:40 AM
(04-04-2014 05:02 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  mnight, did you miss this post?:

(31-03-2014 09:19 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  mknight, could you look at this link and share your thoughts about it with us?
It should be clear that my questions serve to encourage discussions. I don't unfairly accuse or purposely offend anyone. You might want to try to answer my questions; who knows, you might even be able to shed some light on the matter. Unless of course your purpose is to annoy.
04-04-2014, 05:55 AM
mknight- (I was going to pm my off topic question but your pm button isn't turned on) what's the name of the creature in your avatar? I saw it in Cosmos the other night and wanted to read more about it, but didn't catch the name.

thanks.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller