Superstion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Superstion
I find myself paranoid. I know that life happens and things break. The problem is I want to see them for what they are. Today after washing my car I was coming to a stop and my back window just blew out. I mean it fucking blew out! Glass every place. And since I have been intrested in the satanic temple and there views and have renounced the bible and Christianity, I get scared that I may be cursed or somthing like that. Now I know logicly this is non since but remain to have an in easy feeling in the pit of my gut. Do you guys get this and any suggestions on how to fix it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: Superstion
Whenever I leave out the "ti" something *really* bad happens.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
21-02-2018, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2018 07:00 PM by jennybee.)
Satan is a mythological being. Do you find yourself fearing a Minotaur, for instance? No probably not since you weren't brainwashed by culture and society to fear him.

Things break all without curses. Wink There are natural causes for all of these things. And they make much more rational sense than a red horned invisible monster who dwells in middle earth being the cause of a shattered window...Or an invisible sky genie creating havoc on your window. If you are going to use these mythological entities as the cause of a shattered window, then why them? Why not a leprechaun or minotaur or any of these other mythological beings that people have come up with over the years as being the cause of your broken window?
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
21-02-2018, 07:27 PM
(21-02-2018 05:56 PM)Willdowja Wrote:  I find myself paranoid. I know that life happens and things break. The problem is I want to see them for what they are. Today after washing my car I was coming to a stop and my back window just blew out. I mean it fucking blew out! Glass every place. And since I have been intrested in the satanic temple and there views and have renounced the bible and Christianity, I get scared that I may be cursed or somthing like that. Now I know logicly this is non since but remain to have an in easy feeling in the pit of my gut. Do you guys get this and any suggestions on how to fix it?

If you have insurance the deductible for broken glass is like a hundred bucks or so. I've had good experiences at Safelite auto glass repair.

21-02-2018, 09:59 PM

21-02-2018, 10:20 PM
(21-02-2018 05:56 PM)Willdowja Wrote:  ...
I may be cursed or something like that.

Yup. Pretty sure that's the reason.

(21-02-2018 06:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Whenever I leave out the "ti" something *really* bad happens.

I was tempted to edit the thread title but that would make your post seem weird.

Instead, I will offer an alternative... maybe not "ti" but "it"?

[Image: stephen-kings-it-1990-splash.jpg?strip=a...;amp;w=960]

22-02-2018, 01:51 AM
One day I woke, went to the bathroom and saw my mirror broke in two parts. Now, I too "renounced" christianity but it was few years back so I doubt that god would wait for so long and it was just accident. I suppose the same is with you.

To be more serious there is no god or satan to worry about, it's just your indoctrination speaking.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-02-2018, 02:01 AM
What you have there is the classic mental trap of religion and superstition in general. Something unexplained happened, therefor it was caused by [insert magical explanation]. I understand it's natural to fall into that way of thinking if it's been blasted into your head all your life. Religion often survives on inducing fear, and superstition thrives on attributing agency to random occurrences.

I regularly call God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit cock muffins, and they don't seem to do much about it. If God is trying to take retribution against people, his aim is really bad, and it just looks like he hits people randomly.

All I can say is to try and halt your thought processes. "I don't know why that happened", is enough. If it's important to find out why, then rational, evidence-based approaches are best. It's better (in my opinion) to come up empty after this and say it was unexplained, rather than invent an explanation.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
22-02-2018, 04:57 AM
Curses aren't real. Words have zero magical effect, and the bible (with all its accoutrement) is also just stories/garbage that is not to be take seriously.

Something seemingly inexpiable happened, so you think it has something to do with your dropping of faith (to potentially follow another made up being; Satan) when infact I imagine any Car window technician could tell you the answer as to why this occurred.

Unfortunately, life is boring. Ghosts/demons/gods/magic all don't exist, just strange shit that can be explained if you care to look into it.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
22-02-2018, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2018 05:56 AM by BikerDude.)
(21-02-2018 05:56 PM)Willdowja Wrote:  I find myself paranoid. I know that life happens and things break. The problem is I want to see them for what they are. Today after washing my car I was coming to a stop and my back window just blew out. I mean it fucking blew out! Glass every place. And since I have been intrested in the satanic temple and there views and have renounced the bible and Christianity, I get scared that I may be cursed or somthing like that. Now I know logicly this is non since but remain to have an in easy feeling in the pit of my gut. Do you guys get this and any suggestions on how to fix it?

It was Satan.
You are doomed.
We can fix it but it will cost you.
We accept cashiers checks and money orders.
Yes, you could instead go to the more traditional churches but we can beat them on price.
We don't have a Vatican or golden temple to maintain.
And our customer service is second to none.
And we have a lot of experience with the "old broken car window" trick.
Satan ha? That tricky minx!

Any more questions?

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]