Support Atheist Writers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2013, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 11:44 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Support Atheist Writers!
Support an Atheist Writer!
Good news, I released my first book through Amazon on paperback and Kindle!
Bad news, I couldn't afford marketing! LoL

Sorry links of this sort, not allowed unless pre-approved by Admins.
The book: OWG Volume I

The story according to back cover:
After the end of World War III there was chaos: the US fallen, viral epidemics caused by science, and the Rapture. This story is about neither the falling of angels and ascension of demons, nor the shifting of climates and continents. This is a story about those that saw this as the calling to carry out their plan for domination and peace. The ones that manipulated the supernatural, and divided the people into three societies for a future government. Together they saved many from anarchy, together they put humans above the supernatural. They are the Illuminati whom rule a One World Government that watches over three societies representing instinct, religion, and government. With honesty tell the people, "We are all born equal, whether we die equal depends on you!"
This story is the story of Iskra 804, an artificially crafted soldier known as a Hound by the Illuminati regime. Iskra was created to protect the three societies that are the center of a One World Government, she takes pride in this every day. Unlike the other Hounds, Iskra did not get her first assignment on her fifteenth birthday, this did not please a prideful soldier. So she waited dreaming of what the outside world was like, eager to see Ladder Communism in action, and fight against the Jewish rebellion. Years passed until one faithful day on April 13, 8020: Iskra's wish came true.
You, of course, get to come along for the journey. It'll be fascinating watching this marvelous creature grow! Running through the woods fighting anarchist tribes, hearing survival stories of a Darwinist society, learning of angel and demon worship. Meeting other Hounds that refuse to be labeled as objects under Universal Law. When it's all over you'll look back with a smile remembering that one moment when the rifle fire ceases and you feel, alive.
Welcome to the world of 8020, enjoy your stay.

Christian mythology and science fiction... plus erotica, how could you not say "fuck yeah"?

Thank you for your support.

p.s. I'm Atheist all the way, not a Christian.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2013, 07:18 AM
RE: Support Atheist Writers!
I counted at least four grammatical errors in the first two sentences of your synopsis (gave you the benefit of the doubt on a fifth). That's not a good way to promote a book.
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2013, 11:31 AM
*slams head on keyboard*

Thank you for pointing that out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Too bad for you, we're not go to rally around it just because it just so happens to be written by an atheist. If you wanted that kind of response, you should try sucking up to the faithful. That being said, you have all of 5 posts, 3 of which are devoted solely to selling your book and 2 of them are identical posts in separate forum sections. Unless you have something more to say then shilling for your personal work of creative fiction, that appears to be a clear violation of Rule 1 of the forums and a ban-able offense. Even if they don't take any action, it's just poor form on your part.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ers--20958

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-12-2013, 01:00 AM
(02-12-2013 06:44 AM)SparkByTouch Wrote:  Bad news, I couldn't afford marketing! LoL
Maybe that's the good news ?

Quote: Thank you for your support.

p.s. I'm Atheist all the way, not a Christian.
Rolleyes

You could reverse polarity and see how far you get on a Christian forum. Betcha you'd get some takers if you said 'I'm a Christian all the way not an Atheist'.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Yeah, . . . I wrote a book, too. It's called, My Case Against Faith. It was . . . . therapeutic. It is basically a collection of "journal notes" as I was trying to figure out why I wasn't connecting with my religion [christianity]. I'm not a writer and never would claim to be, but I had all those notes and figured that it would be nice to have it all in book form [thus self 'publishing' it]. I have a copy. I'm good. ;-)

On a side note, I do plan on doing some youtube vids on it called. . . ."An Atheist Reads His Book . . . That No One Purchased". hehehe

That's the thing about books. It may seem like a good book to you, . . . but not everyone will be impressed. As I said, the one I wrote was more about me working through issues.
03-12-2013, 08:57 PM
I agree with EK - just because a book is written by an atheist doesn't mean that I should or necessarily want or need to support it. I&I is an atheist, and though he doesn't post here anymore, I can't say that I'd be interested in any conspiracy theory books. Likewise, there's probably tons of authors out there that write books and simply don't broadcast it. I fail to see a bias as a reason to buy a book.

I want something coercive and enticing, something that reaches out and grabs me. Just trying to offer some feedback and not be insulting, but again I have to agree with EK that it's simply not a reason to "just buy a book."

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.