Supporting Atheist Organizations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2017, 01:50 PM
RE: Supporting Atheist Organizations
(22-02-2017 11:08 AM)jjohns28 Wrote:  I'm sure virtually all of you agree one need not associate with groups to be an atheist. That said, given the current state of the U.S., and anxious that the Christian nutjobs may begin using "religious freedom" to strip away my rights, I've decided it's time to do *something.*. That something was joining American Atheists.

There are of course other groups that fight for nonbelievers' causes, such as Freedom from Religion Foundation (which I've read splintered from AA due to MMOH's shenanigans), the American Humanist Association, the Richard Dawkins Association for Science and Reason, and others. Are all of these equally good organizations to support? Do they cooperate and work with eachother, or kind of do their own thing? I think there may have been problems with AA when the O'Hairs were in charge--and that's not denying Granny Maddie's huge contribution to the fight against American religious tyranny--but things seem to be better these days. Thanks!

1.) Why do you call christians "nutjobs"?
2.) Why do you think organizing atheists is needed? And in what way would that be any better than christians organizing themselfs?
3.) What would be a common goal of such atheist organisations? Blaming believers for all the hustle you believe they are causing?
4.) Why not dropping the battle-frield "titles" like christians vs. atheists and get real in what actually is causing certain problems, environmentally, economically and socially?
5.) Have you engaged in Sam Harris' "teachings" too much, lately? Just askin'..
6.) Atheists have exactely WHAT in common?

And please excuse me being rigid by posting lists. I formally apollogize for that.

Here's some non-rigid remark:

I have nothing, whatsoever, in common with Richard Dawkins. Although...we're both Europeans.

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2017, 01:26 PM
I would love to support an Atheist organization, but seeing as I lack money and a job, I'd love to do so as an employee. I do have marketable skills to anyone interested!

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
17-03-2017, 05:47 AM
Does anybody know of any good UK based organisations?

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2017, 07:23 AM
The only atheistic organizations I would support would be the Freedom from Religion group and The Satanic Temple. They both fight to keep religion out of where it does not belong
23-03-2017, 09:01 AM
(23-03-2017 07:23 AM)prhill Wrote:  The only atheistic organizations I would support would be the Freedom from Religion group and The Satanic Temple. They both fight to keep religion out of where it does not belong

> So does American Atheists. Google their website.
23-03-2017, 09:16 AM
(23-03-2017 09:01 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 07:23 AM)prhill Wrote:  The only atheistic organizations I would support would be the Freedom from Religion group and The Satanic Temple. They both fight to keep religion out of where it does not belong

> So does American Atheists. Google their website.

Thanks I will do that