Supporting family in a church question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: Supporting family in a church question
(08-05-2015 08:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 07:30 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I hope this was a co-ed camp.......Shocking

Why??? If I was gay- that'd be just the thing..(not co-ed)...

But, I'm not -- and yes -- it was an "older woman".... I recall she was almost 14.....

Smile

Hey, it makes no difference to me who you have smoke your cigar. I figure though at a church camp, if it was a guy, that would have been a really big FU at the camp. BTW, gj on getting the older lady to get on her knees and make your cup runneth over.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2015, 06:22 AM
Thank you all for the suggestions. I ended up talking to them and telling them the truth. That I could not donate to something I did not agree with and that they know why. However, I asked them what charity they liked and, together, we made a donation to them online.
[+] 6 users Like sbcadam's post
09-05-2015, 07:32 AM
(09-05-2015 06:22 AM)sbcadam Wrote:  Thank you all for the suggestions. I ended up talking to them and telling them the truth. That I could not donate to something I did not agree with and that they know why. However, I asked them what charity they liked and, together, we made a donation to them online.

That was a thoughtful solution. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2015, 06:56 AM
(09-05-2015 06:22 AM)sbcadam Wrote:  Thank you all for the suggestions. I ended up talking to them and telling them the truth. That I could not donate to something I did not agree with and that they know why. However, I asked them what charity they liked and, together, we made a donation to them online.

Excellent solution!

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines