Supposed "evidence" for jesus.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2015, 01:33 AM
Supposed "evidence" for jesus.
This got linked to me in facebook. I don't know this website and never heard of it, nor these sources they are quoting or the names given. What do you people think?

http://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-...an-sources

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 01:46 AM
RE: Supposed "evidence" for jesus.
Am sure some one more knowledgeable about the points raised in that link will point out the problems.

I find, however, that any site which states "Adam was a historically existing person" doesn't really need me reading anything further.

The site's take on "Evolution is true... as long as 'We' understand evolution to mean divinely directed development of life" (I paraphrase and am not exactly quoting here)

Pretty much shows their leaning and bias. An apologetic web site. Perhaps we'll see believers turning up and offering quotes from there? Consider
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
03-11-2015, 02:43 AM
1) Here we go again... Rolleyes

2) Probe Ministries... Shocking

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-11-2015, 03:25 AM
(03-11-2015 02:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  2) Probe Ministries... Shocking

[Image: cartman2.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-11-2015, 03:26 AM
I couldn't get past the first two lines
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
03-11-2015, 03:36 AM
(03-11-2015 01:33 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This got linked to me in facebook. I don't know this website and never heard of it, nor these sources they are quoting or the names given. What do you people think?

I love that in their Josephus section they quote a passage that is a well known forgery - sorry 'interpolation' - acknowledge that fact and then just blow it off by saying it's believed to be fake because it wouldn't *feel* right with Josephus not being a Christian.

It's like they unconsciously doubled-down on credibility suicide at that point.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
03-11-2015, 06:28 AM
(03-11-2015 03:36 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 01:33 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This got linked to me in facebook. I don't know this website and never heard of it, nor these sources they are quoting or the names given. What do you people think?

I love that in their Josephus section they quote a passage that is a well known forgery - sorry 'interpolation' - acknowledge that fact and then just blow it off by saying it's believed to be fake because it wouldn't *feel* right with Josephus not being a Christian.

It's like they unconsciously doubled-down on credibility suicide at that point.

All of their points are things that are debunked or are at least open to interpretation. None of it is very persuasive, let alone conclusive, unless you already believe.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
03-11-2015, 06:39 AM
Yeah those are "typical" sources they love to cite. Many books rip those to shreds. One book I like is Nailed by David Fitzgerald. I am pretty sure GWG also posted something on this awhile back- I think it was him anyway and I think it might be in his Resource Thread.
03-11-2015, 06:43 AM
see...this is why I ask first, I don't know nothing about a lot of this stuff. I am only good when it comes to pointing out basic and advanced bullshit and the moral argument, not all this history, sources, and educated crap. lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
03-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Just a poke around on the site throws up enough.. um.. 'Interesting' views and word usage that your 'Woo' and 'Bulldust' meters will ring. Wink