Supposed "evidence" for jesus.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Supposed "evidence" for jesus.
I also submit that the actors who were tasked with representing the true Hermione, Ron, and Harry (the Trusty Companions™ and the Prophesied One) would not have done it if they had known they were just going to be fooling people by portraying them in such a realistic manner. You saw the portrayal of the true Power of Magic, right there on screen! At least as great as what your God did in the story of Moses, as portrayed in The Ten Commandments... Yul Brynner was magnificent as the Pharoah! And Charleton Heston is the MAN!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
03-11-2015, 09:23 PM
(03-11-2015 08:18 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 08:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So, no list.
Somehow I knew you were incapable of substantiating your claim. Creationism is neither supported nor discounted by Evolution. It's a religious position. You don't even know what you're arguing for and against. Facepalm

I don't think you even understand the comparison being made here. That both the ahistoricist and the creationist argue the same way. Much of their arguments generally revolve around the meaning of a word like evidence, or facts. And claiming that whatever the other side offers as evidences, is "not evidence".

So you claim, yet can't even provide one comparison. Carrier and Price do no such thing. All just meaningless unsupported claims and generalizations, as you think you can insult people, and deflect from the fact that you can't actually refute even ONE argument of Carrier or Price.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-11-2015, 11:02 PM
(03-11-2015 09:21 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I also submit that the actors who were tasked with representing the true Hermione, Ron, and Harry (the Trusty Companions™ and the Prophesied One) would not have done it if they had known they were just going to be fooling people by portraying them in such a realistic manner. You saw the portrayal of the true Power of Magic, right there on screen! At least as great as what your God did in the story of Moses, as portrayed in The Ten Commandments... Yul Brynner was magnificent as the Pharoah! And Charleton Heston is the MAN!

Nuh uh. Mel brooks. He da man.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-11-2015, 11:15 PM
(03-11-2015 11:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 09:21 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  At least as great as what your God did in the story of Moses, as portrayed in The Ten Commandments... Yul Brynner was magnificent as the Pharoah! And Charleton Heston is the MAN!

Nuh uh. Mel brooks. He da man.

I stand corrected, Bucky!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
03-11-2015, 11:33 PM
"These fifteen 'crash' Ten. Ten commandments!" Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-11-2015, 11:38 PM
(03-11-2015 11:33 PM)Banjo Wrote:  "These fifteen 'crash' Ten. Ten commandments!" Smile

It's "These fifteen... *crash* Oy. TEN! Ten Commandments."

The "oy" makes the scene one of the greatest in comedy. Great stuff.

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
04-11-2015, 12:25 AM
(03-11-2015 09:49 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  so we could likely use those sources, and argue as to whether the inferences being drawn by them, are reasonable or not.
But being a Christian, having a belief in Jesus and a belief that your belief will give you a place in heaven, you are incapable of inferring from any amount of evidence that Jesus did not exist.
04-11-2015, 12:45 AM
(03-11-2015 06:25 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 05:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no compulsion to offer an alternative to a claim that lacks good evidence.

Which is similar to the response offered by creationist when asked to offer a more compelling explanation then the theory of evolution. Rather than a substantive criticism, they offer an arguments that’s nothing short of a semantics, about the definitions of the word “fact”, “evidence”.

The thing worth judging is the reasonableness any particular conclusions drawn from the available material in comparison to alternative conclusions. People who actually want to honestly think through the questions of historicity deal with explanations, and their alternatives, the merit of any particular argument in comparison to others.

You really don't understand that no one has to choose any story at all when none are compelling.
There is no story that has convincing evidence. That is the argument I am making

Quote:
Quote:I haven't even tried. Why do you think I am unable

The man who doesn’t even try, and the man unable to do so, bear a striking resemblance to each other. Both have nothing meaningful to offer, one way or the other.

In your mind, maybe - but not to a critical mind.

Yet you claim I am unable to offer an explanation. Stop presuming, asshole.

You really don't get it - no one has a compelling explanation; I neither have to choose an explanation nor provide one.

Besides, as I have stated before, it doesn't matter whether or not some Yeshua existed or not: the Jesus described in the Bible is a myth.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-11-2015, 01:42 AM
Even if a preacher named Jesus existed, the leap from that to "son of god" is so immense that such knowledge is useless, utterly useless.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
04-11-2015, 02:23 AM
(04-11-2015 01:42 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Even if a preacher named Jesus existed, the leap from that to "son of god" is so immense that such knowledge is useless, utterly useless.
There may have been a Yeshua (who knows?), there definitely was no Jesus.

It would be like calling an orphan boy (with glasses who lives with his uncle and auntie) Harry Potter and not really caring that the defining aspect of HP is his ability to conjure magic rather than being a boy with glasses.

There is no magical godly Jesus. No-one rose from the dead, no-one died for the sins of others. If there ever was a Yeshua he was human, and was going to die anyway, as all people die eventually. The supposed life and death of Yeshua was unremarkable and un-Jesus.

Blood sacrifices make no sense. If Yeshua was crucified (there is no evidence to suggest this happened) then it was no sacrifice, it was because the Romans orded it to be so. The Romans did not believe in the Jewish god, they made no human sacrifice to the Jewish god.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post