Supreme Court Upholds Prayer At Government Meetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Supreme Court Upholds Prayer At Government Meetings
Yesterday, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of opening government meetings with prayers. Of course, all of the justices that ruled in favor of it were Republicans.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...k/4481969/

What the hell is the point of the Constitution? The Supreme Court is supposed to strike down anything that violates the Constitution, yet these justices constantly rule in favor of laws that blatantly violate the Constitution. So, in all honesty, what the hell is the point of having the Constitution if the Supreme Court will uphold laws that clearly violate it, simply because those laws support their own personal religious beliefs?

This country is a fucking joke.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
06-05-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Supreme Court Upholds Prayer At Government Meetings
It's about the loud-mouthed majority

Atir aissom atir imon
06-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Andy Borowitz:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/bo...20%2868%29

Quote:WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) — In what legal experts are calling a landmark decision, on Monday the United States Supreme Court struck down what many believe to be the main reason the country was started.

By a five-to-four vote, the Court eliminated what grade-school children have traditionally been taught was one of the key rationales for founding the United States in the first place.

“The separation of church and state has been a cornerstone of American democracy for over two hundred years,” said Justice Samuel Alito, writing for the majority. “Getting rid of it was long overdue.”

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
06-05-2014, 10:33 AM
I often fantasize about moving to another country.
06-05-2014, 10:36 AM
(06-05-2014 10:33 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I often fantasize about moving to another country.

Do it while you can. It will become impossible soon, most likely.

Truth seeker.
06-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Uneducated morons run our government. Sad

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
(06-05-2014 10:39 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Uneducated morons run our government. Sad

No. Intelligent people who know how to manipulate people run the government.

Truth seeker.
The SCOTUS also upheld slavery as legal once. Two steps forward, one step back.
All these old Catholic dudes will be gone in a few years. This sort of crap will be gone in another generation. 75 years ago, atheism was equated with "Communism" etc etc and Madeline Murray O'Hare was a pariah. Things change ... slowly. Whenever they start praying in meetings I always (very politely, and with a smile) excuse myself, and say I have "to go to the rest-room". It's my personal way of saying "piss on you and your prayers". When I come back, I always ask "Are they done praying yet ?", with a smirk.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-05-2014, 10:41 AM
(06-05-2014 10:39 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Uneducated morons run our government. Sad

Look who elects them.

[Image: 04-tea-party-protest-0910-lg.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
06-05-2014, 10:41 AM
(06-05-2014 10:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The SCOTUS also upheld slavery as legal once. Two steps forward, one step back.
All these old Catholic dudes will be gone in a few years. This sort of crap will be gone in another generation. 75 years ago, atheism was equated with "Communism" etc etc and Madeline Murray O'Hare was a pariah. Things change ... slowly. Whenever they start praying in meetings I always (very politely, and with a smile) excuse myself, and say I have "to go to the rest-room". It's my personal way of saying "piss on you and and prayers".

Sorry, but america is going "backwards" by your standard. It's already pretty much a theocracy.

Truth seeker.