Supreme Dictator of the United States

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Supreme Dictator of the United States
One morning when I was talking politics with my wife, just for fun, and I came up with a question which I know pose to all of you. If you found yourself in the position of Supreme Dictator of the United States of America, how would you rule the nation?

Let us assume, for the sake of the hypothetical, that you have no moral objections to becoming dictator, and that you cannot surrender that title or authority. Let us also assume that as a result of your dictatorship the fundamental fabric of democracy within America has been stripped away. There is no congress. Their are no courts. The people no longer represent themselves. Your authority is absolute.

I would not ask a question that I am not willing to answer myself, so here are mine.

1. I would withdraw all forces from the Middle East as quickly as physically possible.

2. I would give warning to all nations under direct American military protection that they are now responsible for their own national security. I would maintain protection long enough for their forces to be recruited, trained, and deployed, but no longer. The cost to equip and maintain the forces granting those nations security would be re-purposed to pay domestic expenses.

3. I would end "The War on Drugs" and legalize all illicit substances that have not been medically proven to cause violent behavior, even when the user is normally non-violent.

4. I would legalize gay marriages.

5. I would remove all religious tax exemption. I would cut all federal programs that give money to private churches, or otherwise relocate their funds designated for that purpose.

6. I would institute a flat income taxation standard. All tax brackets would be eliminated. All other forms of taxation would be abolished. Taxation would be equal based on percentage of income.

7. I would abolish the FCC and any other organizations that attempts to regulate or control freedom of speech.

8. I would cut defense spending down to a reasonable and intelligent level. The budget would be designed for national security, not foreign warfare.

That seems like a start. What would you do? Hate what I would do? Love it? Let me know.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
06-03-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Supreme Dictator of the United States
On the first day I would outlaw all abortions.
On the second day I would eliminate the minimum wage.
On the third day I would eliminate food stamps, housing assistance, phone assistance, utility assistance, etc.
On the forth day I would fire all the above federal employees involved in those bureaucracies.
On the 5th day I would keep a progressive tax rate but make it continuous instead of bracketed and implement a negative progressive income tax rate. Negative income tax
On the 6th day I would eliminate all laws prohibiting discrimination.
On the 7th day I would rest so that next week I might start a new round.
06-03-2014, 08:30 PM
(06-03-2014 08:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  On the first day I would outlaw all abortions.
On the third day I would eliminate food stamps, housing assistance, phone assistance, utility assistance, etc.
On the forth day I would fire all the above federal employees involved in those bureaucracies.
On the 5th day I would keep a progressive tax rate but make it continuous instead of bracketed and implement a negative progressive income tax rate. Negative income tax

[Image: shit-gun-smiley-emoticon.gif]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-03-2014, 09:47 PM
(06-03-2014 08:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  On the first day I would outlaw all abortions.

You would have been assassinated before Day 7. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
06-03-2014, 10:13 PM

And on the 8th day you'd dig a lake, and fill it with lava, to throw people you don't like into, like that one piece of shit the bible keeps going on about, we got it.

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
06-03-2014, 10:35 PM
(06-03-2014 07:10 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  If you found yourself in the position of Supreme Dictator of the United States of America, how would you rule the nation?

That's easy, I'd leave it up to the states. The only law I'd have is guaranteed freedom of mobility between the states. I'd only provide a national defense (purely defensive). Basically, just follow what's in the constitution.

I like all the things you called for and agree with every one except #6. An income tax is simply retarded imo. Anytime you tax something you are discouraging that activity. It baffles me why people think it's a good idea to punish hard work and reduce incentives. Plus, it's so close to slavery to tell people that they must report back to you everything they do every day and surrender all the fruits of their labor so you can decide what you'll take for yourself and what you'll graciously let them keep. I'd favor a property tax, however I'd leave it up to the state & local governments, so if they wanted an income tax, so be it. But definitely not at the national level.
06-03-2014, 10:38 PM
(06-03-2014 10:13 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  

And on the 8th day you'd dig a lake, and fill it with lava, to throw people you don't like into, like that one piece of shit the bible keeps going on about, we got it.

No, its not me that wants to kill unwanted human beings. I am against killing unwanted human beings hence the ban on abortion.

All in All under my system, people would be fed, and housed and would have more freedom. The wouldn't even have to work if they did not want too. However if they decided to work they could work and better their lives. Those who don't want to work would still have all their basic necessities met by being provided money to purchase them with the negative income tax. The key difference is they would be free to decide what is a necessity for them and what isn't instead of some government bureaucrat making those decision for them.
06-03-2014, 10:44 PM
(06-03-2014 10:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 10:13 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  And on the 8th day you'd dig a lake, and fill it with lava, to throw people you don't like into, like that one piece of shit the bible keeps going on about, we got it.

No, its not me that wants to kill unwanted human beings. I am against killing unwanted human beings hence the ban on abortion.

All in All under my system, people would be fed, and housed and would have more freedom. The wouldn't even have to work if they did not want too. However if they decided to work they could work and better their lives. Those who don't want to work would still have all their basic necessities met by being provided money to purchase them with the negative income tax. The key difference is they would be free to decide what is a necessity for them and what isn't instead of some government bureaucrat making those decision for them.

Oh. Well then, my bad. As long as there's women who want crap a wad of cells without eyes, mouths, or ears, out of their vaginas to discriminate against, I guess I'll be happy... Dodgy

06-03-2014, 11:52 PM

So Dick-tater Blowjob, on day 6 you would outlaw what you did on day 1 ?
Did you do drugs as a child, and fry all your brain cells ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
07-03-2014, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 12:58 AM by Alex_Leonardo.)
I would use force on anyone who doesn't become a trans-humanist.
Then, I would give everyone free 3d printers.
I would also make a currency based on mass or potential energy, and I would also trade dirt for debt.
I would fund research on robotics, space, 3d printing,and biological enhancements and eliminate all laws against stem cell research, genetic splicing ethics, and maybe human experimentation.
Eventually, I would carve out my own species of humans, (unisexual, asexual, and immortal.) That are born geniuses (and fully developed.) and have all of the known information that ever exists. However, everyone has differences, so evolution is still probable. People would have an artificial alternative metabolism that allows them to consume energy instead of matter, and if wanted can also still eat food, but has no negative effects due to an advanced immune and metabolic state.
The last thing: techno-futuristic themed olympic games.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post