Supreme Dictator of the United States

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 05:33 PM
RE: Supreme Dictator of the United States
(07-03-2014 04:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I would make being an asshole a punishable by death offense :-)

Only stupid assholes. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-03-2014, 07:43 PM
(07-03-2014 10:57 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  15. I would cut NASA down to size, eliminating all projects that do not involve earthly affairs and benefits. The journey to the stars can continue when we don't owe so much damn money.

I've been pretty much on board with what you've said so far except this one. IIRC, we really don't have much of a space program at the moment anyway. The nasa budget is ridiculously small compared to our other expenses. Your plan of taxing the churches alone would WAY WAY more than compensate any spending we do with NASA.

Not to mention, we don't know what learning about our universe will do to benefit us here on earth until we learn it. I'd actually increase their budget and get us back in the space game. More knowledge about out universe can only be beneficial I'd think.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
07-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Adding this for a little more info

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
07-03-2014, 08:35 PM
(07-03-2014 04:56 PM)frankksj Wrote:  I think all such moral issues should be left up to the local governments.
I personally think moral issues/choices ought to be left to each individual to decide. Government ought to focus on supporting a safe, stable and successful society.

(07-03-2014 04:56 PM)frankksj Wrote:  That way if you live in an area that follows a different moral code than you, you're free to move somewhere else.
My way, you don't need to move. As an adult you make your own choices and don't use government or police to force your own beliefs/morals onto others.

(07-03-2014 04:56 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Personally I would never get involved and see it as none of my business.
Exactly. But if it is your opinion that government decide on moral issues, then do you think that government should be your representative or your controller?
If they are your representative, then shouldn't you want people to make their own decisions because, as you say, its none of your business.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
07-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Wow!
Does
Heywood Jahblowme
mean

?

07-03-2014, 08:48 PM
(07-03-2014 08:37 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Wow!
Does
Heywood Jahblowme
mean

?

No, he has earned a 1 week temp ban for recent behavior.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-03-2014, 11:38 PM
(07-03-2014 08:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I personally think moral issues/choices ought to be left to each individual to decide. Government ought to focus on supporting a safe, stable and successful society.

I agree with you 100%. Absolutely I wish government at ALL levels would stop telling people what to do.

BUT, I accept that the desire to control others and use force to get their way is a very primal instinct. All creatures, including animals and early man, when they see something they want or see someone doing something they don't like, the base impulse is to "grab a club" and take it or beat up whoever is bugging you.

It's a very small percent of the population that has evolved beyond that and decided to put their clubs down, respect others' free will, and peacefully coexist.

So, while the idealist in me agrees with you, the pragmatist in me says it's not going to happen. Most people will never evolve, and will always be making laws telling others what to do. Therefore the best system is simply one that minimizes the harm. Restrict the club-wielding to a limited geographic region, and let people escape who find it unbearable.

The problem is that the club-wielders are so damn adamant that, once they get the club, they won't let anyone escape, so they try to make all the laws at the national level where every place the citizens legally live is bound to their stupid laws. The rednecks in Mississippi are convinced it would be a travesty to let the sinners in San Francisco lead their hedonistic lives, and vice versa.

When you read the Federalist papers, this was the battle guys like Thomas Jefferson grappled with. He was classic liberal (libertarian) and wanted everyone to exercise free will. But the statists wouldn't have it. So the best compromise was to have a country of autonomous states with guaranteed freedom of mobility and restrict all 'club-wielding' to the state level.

(07-03-2014 08:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Exactly. But if it is your opinion that government decide on moral issues, then do you think that government should be your representative or your controller?
If they are your representative, then shouldn't you want people to make their own decisions because, as you say, its none of your business.

Ideally, yes. But I've given up hope that government will be anything but a controller. It's just in human nature. The best I can hope for is that laws are done by local governments so I have the choice to move and subject myself to whichever government I find the most palatable. If the laws were local, you and I could probably bring like-minded people together and have our own liberty-focused community. The one thing in the US that bugs me more than anything is that Americans not only believe they have right to have national laws, but also universal laws. Every country in the world except N Korea, Cuba and the USA lets their citizens reside abroad to be relieved of all obligations. However if you were born in the US, there is no escape. You can build a rocket and move to Mars and STILL the US insists you must report every activity you do every day back to Washington, surrender all the fruits of your labor to Washington so they can decide what they'll take for themselves, and if you refuse to comply, they will send agents to Mars to haul you back and throw you in jail. It is such a barbaric system, and, literally fits the definition of slavery.
[+] 2 users Like frankksj's post
07-03-2014, 11:54 PM
(07-03-2014 10:37 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 10:28 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Seriously?
Why are you resulting to this? You calling him names doesn't help your case.
It makes you even look like.... you-you-you have no idea what you're talking about. Drinking Beverage
Seriously, actually try to explain it instead of mocking other people.
I know you could say I'm mocking you, but, I don't have to do anything with this conversation.
All I'm saying is be God's "warrior" and actually "fight" this "battle" instead of just mocking bucky for no reason.
So actually explain calmly what you think.

Bucky actually responds better when you insult him back. He is kinda weird that way.

Look asshole. YOU started the fucking thread. YOU posted your order of priorities.
Your bullshit of pointing to how and why you started it is totally irrelevant.
I asked you a question totally appropriate to YOUR decision to place abortion FIRST on your list. Then it turns out you haven't a clue about human embryology.
Good going Blowjob. Please don't come back.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
08-03-2014, 06:54 AM
(07-03-2014 11:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 10:37 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Bucky actually responds better when you insult him back. He is kinda weird that way.

Look asshole. YOU started the fucking thread. YOU posted your order of priorities.
Your bullshit of pointing to how and why you started it is totally irrelevant.
I asked you a question totally appropriate to YOUR decision to place abortion FIRST on your list. Then it turns out you haven't a clue about human embryology.
Good going Blowjob. Please don't come back.

He justifies denying women bodily autonomy because he somehow got it into his head that the population was shrinking (the rate of growth declining is not the same as the actual margin growth declining but he is too busy with his dick in his hand to listen).

He also went on this weird diatribe about how he would take one male and like 300 women up in a spaceship to colonize mars and forcibly impregnant them all. He is a weird guy, ace. Anyone that obsessed with sex, including for his handle, has got some perverse problems. $20 says he is on a registry somewhere.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
08-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Re: Supreme Dictator of the United States
I would disband the country into several regional treaty agreeing nations with their states remaining, allowing some states to be split.

Then probably kill myself for having dealt with that job.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post