Surefire ways to prove God exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2013, 04:53 AM
RE: Surefire ways to prove God exists
(01-11-2013 04:45 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  I do not know how to space my quotes. I'm an economist, not a computer expert.

Don't you have a doctorate in computer science also?

Quote:Most intelligent people also feel the need to inflate their egos because they are insecure about their intelligence. Very common. You are almost a cliche at this point.

Quote:I read all your posts. consistently instead of admit that you incorrectly made assumptions, you simply implied after the fact that it wasn't what you meant. Tut-tut, as you say.

No, it is you that is making assumptions. If my comments were in the context of the hypothetical utopia then why would I post this:

How would overpopulation give everybody free food and shelter? Who said everyone would have everything that they need for free? Overpopulation would have the opposite effect. There would be more competition for few resources so the economic environment would be generally inflationary.[1]

Clearly I am not talking about the imaginary world where everyone has everything they want and need but rather I am talking about an overpopulated world which I took to be what she was talking about given her reference to mass death in an ecological system.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2013, 04:55 AM
Not that I need anyone to stick up for me, I appreciate it, nonetheless.

I can't believe you called chippy out on having no friends, a menial job, and a 3 inch penis - although that might be generous. And since he is get so damn upset about it - methinks there is some Truth to that!

Welcome to the forum!!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2013, 04:56 AM
(01-11-2013 04:48 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  You accused cathym112 of having an incorrect statement about ecosystems. You provide examples of a forests with 1,000 year old trees. You stated that these ecosystems were the norm when she stated that it was an argument from exception. Now, when she provides you with evidence of forest fires, NOW you say its commonplace and accuse her of being egocentric. Ironic, that pot and kettle.

Just ignore him. The occasional good idea he has is buried in a sea of anger and inadequacy. Not worth the time to pick through the chaff. He is just a sad little man who feels the need to attack anyone that is not in total lockstep with him and his ideas. There are much better members of the forum to interact with rather than wasting your time on Chippy, he does not wish to act civil and engage on anything but petty bickering.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-11-2013, 04:57 AM
(01-11-2013 04:48 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  You accused cathym112 of having an incorrect statement about ecosystems. You provide examples of a forests with 1,000 year old trees. You stated that these ecosystems were the norm when she stated that it was an argument from exception. Now, when she provides you with evidence of forest fires, NOW you say its commonplace and accuse her of being egocentric. Ironic, that pot and kettle.

Nowhere did I say the fire dependent ecosystems are commonplace. I said they are commonplace where I am from but in the broader scheme of eco-systems they are exceptional.

Fire in a fire-dependent eco-system does not represent an environmental shock, it is not a disaster and fauna do not experience mass deaths.
01-11-2013, 05:01 AM
(01-11-2013 04:49 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  I'm willing to also bet you have no friends and a 3 inch penis.

Well that's a bad bet. It's 12" flaccid and 15" erect. I hang all of my doctorates off of it but I have so many doctorates and 15" just isn't enough.

Quote:Since clearly this is an exercise in irony where you are attempting to discredit my achievements

Now you are getting offensive. Would I resort to irony?
01-11-2013, 05:02 AM
(01-11-2013 04:56 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Just ignore him. The occasional good idea he has is buried in a sea of anger and inadequacy. Not worth the time to pick through the chaff. He is just a sad little man who feels the need to attack anyone that is not in total lockstep with him and his ideas. There are much better members of the forum to interact with rather than wasting your time on Chippy, he does not wish to act civil and engage on anything but petty bickering.

You didn't say I'm into "ad hominems". I taught you that. Well done spaz.
01-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Spaz, slag, scum. This seems to be the only flaccid arrows in his tiny quiver...

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
01-11-2013, 05:50 AM
(31-10-2013 07:05 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 09:33 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Chippy - there are ecosystems that require fire to germinate.

take a gander

http://www.fws.gov/southeastfire/what/ecology.html

Banana_zorro

So - in that case - you're wrong again.

I live in a part of the world where bushfires are a common occurrence. I am well aware of fire dependent species of plant life. Clearly where a species is fire dependent a bush fire does not represent an envoronmental shock, it is not disatrous, it is a necessary reproductive factor. Also, the animal life in fire dependent forests is behaviourally adapted to the frequent fires so they don't perish and their reproductive behaviour is unaltered.

A natural disaster is a fire in a non-fire dependent forrest and no non-dependent forrest needs this sort of mass death that you implied was necessary. In a non-dependent forrest both plant and animal life perishes and hence fail to reproduce. If a fire started in one of Australia's old growth forests it would be acomplete and umitigated disaster and no plant or animal species would benefit from it.

I am correct again.

Because you asked beautiful mind where you stated forest Fires were commonplace, see above. "I live in a part of....brushfires...commonplace."

Go fuck yourself chip. That's the best you'll ever get.
01-11-2013, 06:09 AM
(01-11-2013 05:50 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Because you asked beautiful mind where you stated forest Fires were commonplace, see above. "I live in a part of....brushfires...commonplace."

Both of you are cretins. Just because bushfires are a common oocurrence in the state in which I reside that doesn't imply that bushfires are common globally or even that they a common in the nation in which reside.

And in any event a fire in a fire-dependant eco-system is not a natural disaster, it is a necessary reproductive factor for the flora and it doesn't produce mass deaths in fauna. Everything that I have stated a position on I have been entirely correct. It is not (entirely) my fault that you are a presumptuous slapper. I'm not obligated to state a position in relation to the main topic of what you are arguing about, I can comment on a peripheral matter if I choose. You could have just asked me for clarification rather than assume that I was challenging your statements regarding some hypothetical utopia. By my 3rd post it should have been clear that I wasn't talking about that, I fucking explicitly stated:

How would overpopulation give everybody free food and shelter? Who said everyone would have everything that they need for free? Overpopulation would have the opposite effect. There would be more competition for few resources so the economic environment would be generally inflationary.[1]

I explicitly stated that I was talking about an overpopulated world not one in which everyone had everything their hearts' desired. But desperate to score a cheap point you pressed on with your idiocy.

Quote:Go fuck yourself chip. That's the best you'll ever get.

I hope you get cancer of the vulva and of the anus and they have to remove both. Stupid cunt.
01-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Ohhhh! Shouty capitals!!

I never said overpopulation would give everyone free food and shelter, you nimrod. Since you didn't redefine your argument and remove the premise of the end of world hunger, I didn't either!