Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Surefire ways to prove God exists
* later god reappears with a broad smile on his face

Him: Have faith

* nothing

* god vanishes

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Youkay's post
28-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Pray for him to end natural disasters, and then have an actual lack of natural disasters from that point forward.

(27-10-2013 08:48 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  2. Have the whole world pray for him to manifest in physical form, in front of working cameras.

Pray to have him come back in physical form and start performing miracles in person "so that those who see might believe"... you know, like he allegedly did 2,000 years ago. So that people would believe.
28-10-2013, 02:34 PM
I can give the Christian perspective on this thread if it helps:

*God hides Himself from the unwilling/unwanting and both testaments say so

*God offers miraculous and metaphysic proof as well as empirical proof to review, upon reasonable request

*Atheists are skeptics, but there are reasonable skeptics and over-the-top skeptics in this world

*Everytime you ask for God to strike you dead with lightning I'm praying He doesn't, so there...!
28-10-2013, 02:49 PM
(28-10-2013 02:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I can give the Christian perspective on this thread if it helps:

God's a coward.

(28-10-2013 02:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  *God offers miraculous and metaphysic proof as well as empirical proof to review, upon reasonable request
God fails since undeniable proof would be accepted by all (and why else would he attempt to provide proof?)

(28-10-2013 02:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  *Atheists are skeptics, but there are reasonable skeptics and over-the-top skeptics in this world
Like just about any other category of people you could name. Drinking Beverage

(28-10-2013 02:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  *Everytime you ask for God to strike you dead with lightning I'm praying He doesn't, so there...!
Do you usually waste time so easily?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
29-10-2013, 05:23 AM
(28-10-2013 02:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  *God hides Himself from the unwilling/unwanting and both testaments say so

No, God hides from everyone.

Quote:*God offers miraculous and metaphysic proof as well as empirical proof to review, upon reasonable request

No he doesn't. Coincidences and subjective reports don't count as evidence for the existence of God or of the answer to prayer.

Quote:*Atheists are skeptics, but there are reasonable skeptics and over-the-top skeptics in this world

Irrelevant.

Quote:*Everytime you ask for God to strike you dead with lightning I'm praying He doesn't, so there...!

Yep.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Kill 'im. Evil_monster

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
29-10-2013, 06:54 AM
(28-10-2013 12:25 AM)Chippy Wrote:  How could we confirm that it was the Abrahamic God that heard the prayer and answered it?

When god showed up on the job site and made me a prophet, I had a vision of being a proto-human experiencing the odd sensation of dying from fright recognizing the thing in front of me as "the creator of the universe." So, genetic memory. Later, I considered aliens, then the devil; returned to the conception of LC = god because there was no compulsion to *do* anything. There was more a sense of warning of what *not* to do - which I did anyway. Big Grin

Ended up in the illogical state of gnostic atheism based upon the original meanings of the terms; that atheism isn't about god, but rather a rejection of contemporary theology. Furthermore, it seems to be *not possible* for two people to encounter the LC and leave with the same conception of god. For a real-world parallel, nobody loves my Gwynnies like I love my Gwynnies.

But I don't believe the LC is an entity so much as a state of awareness.

As for proving god exists, even if he showed up in Times Square, fifty meters tall and shooting lightning out of his ass, some people would still deny god 'cause peeps are onery like that. I have faith. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-10-2013, 07:17 AM
(28-10-2013 02:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I can give the Christian perspective on this thread if it helps:

God also hides himself from people looking really hard for him and desperately wanting to find him. Seriously. When I realized I didn't think I believed anymore, I tried for two years to believe again, and I couldn't.

If YHWH is real, the Calvinists are right, and God rejected me.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
29-10-2013, 08:26 AM

*God offers miraculous and metaphysic proof as well as empirical proof to review, upon reasonable request

*Atheists are skeptics, but there are reasonable skeptics and over-the-top skeptics in this world

*Everytime you ask for God to strike you dead with lightning I'm praying He doesn't, so there...!

How convenient. Why would this supposed god so desperate for attention and worship hide themselves? While you say the bible says he hides himself, the bible clearly tells stories about god revealing itself many times through the underwhelming burning bush and the equally fantastic immaculate rape of Mary. Why then and not more?

As for the miraculous and metaphysic proof, please provide examples with support.
29-10-2013, 10:06 AM
What's most interesting to me is that [it would seem] ALL "gods/goddesses" hide themselves in a way that looks about the same as them being non-existent. If they were real, . . . why? I understand the Christian "have faith' thing, . . . but why would pretty much most faiths require faith that it is real? Was there some sort of "treaty of the gods"?

But yeah, few things would "prove god".