30-10-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Surefire ways to prove God exists
(30-10-2013 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're an asshole. Drinking Beverage

You think I'm an asshole. So what?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2013, 08:36 PM
(30-10-2013 10:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Point being that Chippy is (and has been consistently) following the 'serious debate' rules.

And I will continue to do so.

Quote:I can't help thinking that this thread was started more in the vein of 'community' i.e. a bonding thing.

But it is the Atheism/Theism section so ...

That is my sentiment. There are other places for shooting the shit.
30-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Chas and chippy, siting in a tree ..............

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
30-10-2013, 08:45 PM
(30-10-2013 10:17 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  I'd say it depends on individual objectives. What are your goals in how you present yourself? I haven't read many of Chippy's posts, so I can't speak about him specifically, but I will say that the debate style in general is not one that appeals to me.

Then continue as you are and don't read my posts. I'm not imposing myself on anyone by PMing them. I don't have a problem with anyone ignoring my posts. What I do object to is others trying to impose on how and what I post. It's swings and roundabouts; some people will like what I do and others will hate it. I'm not seeking popularity or approval so I don't care if people don't like my posts. I don't have a "message" nor am I running an advocacy campaign so I am not going to behave as if I do.
30-10-2013, 08:47 PM
(30-10-2013 08:31 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're an asshole. Drinking Beverage

You think I'm an asshole. So what?

It might give you pause and cause you to wonder why.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-10-2013, 08:56 PM
(30-10-2013 12:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm still waiting for super-smart Chippy to defend his position that ending world hunger, cancer, illness, etc., would not effect the economy in light of my rebuttal.

Who the fuck said anything about "ending world hunger, cancer, illness etc."? The issue is your false and unsubstantiated claim that mass death via natural disasters is necessary to prevent social and ecological collapse. I contend that it isn't and that you have no evidence for such a claim.

I added that even if overpopulation did occur it would not necessarily lead to economic or ecological collapse and you launched into some insane trajectory about a Utopia in which there is free food and shelter and there is no disease. You introduced the idea of this Utopia and then you proceeded to argue against it as if I introduced it.

You are a fucking cretin.
30-10-2013, 09:02 PM
(30-10-2013 08:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  It might give you pause and cause you to wonder why.

No it won't because I'm not going to hold dear what someone posted on an obscure forum on the web (and neither should you). I don't care about your emoting in relation to my posts and it is arrogant of you to think that it is of any interest to me. If you have something substantive--something other than a description of your emoting--then I may consider it. Otherwise you have as much sigificance to me as "absols" did.
30-10-2013, 09:09 PM
(30-10-2013 09:02 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 08:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  It might give you pause and cause you to wonder why.

No it won't because I'm not going to hold dear what someone posted on an obscure forum on the web (and neither should you). I don't care about your emoting in relation to my posts and it is arrogant of you to think that it is of any interest to me. If you have something substantive--something other than a description of your emoting--then I may consider it. Otherwise you have as much sigificance to me as "absols" did.

You can carry on being an arrogant ass and ignoring people's reactions if that's what makes you feel better.

Enjoy yourself. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-10-2013, 09:32 PM
[Image: derailed-train-derailed-thread-demo.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
30-10-2013, 09:38 PM
(30-10-2013 09:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  You can carry on being an arrogant ass and ignoring people's reactions if that's what makes you feel better.

It makes me feel better than the alternative would of trying to win the approval of anonymous people on an obscure forum that have have no significance to me that could in all likelihood be less virtuous than me. Yes it is better than that.

I don't offer customisation and personalisation. If you don't like what I post then ignore me. I don't require that anyone change so there is no good reason why I should entertain demands of that kind.

Quote:Enjoy yourself. Drinking Beverage

I'll try. You too.