Surface Pro 3 info needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 12:30 AM
So I am in the market and wondering who has one? How do you like it, pros/cons? The OneNote and active stylus really looks helpful, especially for school. I will be finishing out my BS in December and attending grad school soon after. I need something that will get me through and not be burden to use. The model I'm thinking about is the i5 128GB. I know you have to buy the keyboard separate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 05:32 AM
So far, the least expensive I have found it is $1,168, that includes the surface pro 3 i5 128GB, pro type cover, a case, office 365 personal(which I do not need, I already have an office 365 university account) and an extended warranty.
12-03-2015, 06:09 AM
RE: Surface Pro 3 info needed
I considered getting one because I liked the idea of having a "real" operating system on a tablet.

However...once I compared the price to a Windows 8 laptop and realized I could almost buy three laptops for the price of one surface pro, I went for the laptop. I also thought it would be easier to work all day on a 15" laptop than a tablet.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
12-03-2015, 06:56 AM
I have an old 15" Lenovo that has served me well for years. It's getting tired, and has started crashing frequently. I took it in, thinking it could be repaired. After discussing what I'm doing with it when it crashes with the tech, he stated in just pushing the processor to far with what I'm doing. Have you ever been attempting to write a research paper with multiple sources and have to slow down due to too much multi tasking. It's frustrating, I should only need to worry about the paper's profoundness, not when my equipment will fail again. I'm just glad word auto saves, I imagine other get caught up in the heat of productivity and manually saving is not always done when it should.