Surprised and shocked.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2017, 11:29 PM
RE: Surprised and shocked.
I don't see the problem with your wife being religious. Is she burning witches or anything?

No
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2017, 07:46 AM
RE: Surprised and shocked.
(06-10-2017 11:29 PM)neurotibotical Wrote:  I don't see the problem with your wife being religious. Is she burning witches or anything?

And nether did I. When she found out I was an atheist we where a little over 2 years in our relationship. It's not a topic that we really talked about and I respectful enough to her family and their faith that it might come off as I accept it. When they pray I sit quietly waiting for them to finish. If they say things like "I'll pray for you." I know it's just them trying to be nice and I say thank you. I view religion as a curable disease.

How ever they way she acted towards me afterwords was not acceptable. After she found out she demanding I pray at the table. I told her no. and a long conversation followed. That we worked threw. She made threats at me that god would kill me if I didn't accept him. Another long conversation came up that we worked threw. I have NEVER demanded or forced her to stop believing. But I can't say the oppisite isn't true. Even when she talks with my parents she talks as if I a believer.

What I am trying to do is make her see the world the way I see it. She dosen't understand evolution, she didn't know that the stars we're suns and the sun was a star. She didn't know about the rape and torture that is demanded in the bible. I wait for these tiny moments that I can show her. So she can get a better understanding.

My wife and I have been trying to have children. And one day when we do I would like to raise them secular. With a more grounded view on the world. She may not burning witches but the minds that she will have to raise may be burned with bad ideas.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post