Surveillance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2013, 03:59 PM
RE: Surveillance
It's funny how mass surveillance and totalitarian governments are wanted or the warnings are ignored.

Privacy might be a decayed corpse by now. People now days want the boring minutia of their daily lives posted so everyone can see, what kind of car they have, what their house looks like, where they are at.

Totalitarian governments come by request, not by force.

Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like I and I's post
10-06-2013, 04:46 PM
I and I, I am loth to say it but your are correct. The totalitarian government of the US is welcomed by the bulk of its people. They would rather subsidize corn and get fat than deal with real world problems. They prefer the comfort of the police arresting people and putting them in jail forever to the possibility of educating and providing jobs such that people have no need of crime.

In this specific case the US public turns their back on real intrusions into their private life. They do not care as long as the TV still blurts out its shit.
[+] 3 users Like JAH's post
10-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Im sure they have a cell next to Bradley Manning ready and waiting.

Todays news is tomorrows chip papers though... outrage will be shortlived and nothing will change, it wont stop, they wont stop.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
10-06-2013, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 07:02 PM by ridethespiral.)
I blame the 4th branch for this complacence. They report half truths, they will tell you all about the American casualties and cover the big victory celebration but never the effects of this nations relentless bombing campaigns and drone wars. They will give you the play by play embedded report on tank battalion bravo but won't mention the soldiers massacring innocents two towns over, or the no-bid contracts, or the sanctioned tourture... The 91' invasion of Panama is like a microcosm of the Iraq war and yet most people don't even know it happened.

They will tell you how dangerous the world is and how you should hand over your will unto them, but they won't tell you that the TSA is joke of an agency manned by mouth breathers that catches your water bottle while failing to spot the explosives and the 6 inch knife coming in off an international flight. That the real war is happening in cyberspace and that terrorists don't need to bomb the plane when they can bomb the line to get on it.

They will tell you over and over again about how North Korea and Saddam and Iran are terrible dangers but won't report on a peoples rebellion in Turkey nor will they let slip that Israel is an apartheid state who's decades long murder campaign is supplied by the American military industrial complex.

They will do anything for ratings except expose the GEs and the Monsanto's and the Pharma giants that keep them in the black. They mince words and they polarize the issues, all the while spending millions to convince you that they are 'fair and balanced.' We have the highest incarceration rates in the first word by leaps and bounds, and we have put prisons on the free market! Our health care costs are TRIPPLE that of every other civilized country in the world! Our black liberal democratic president is really a moderate republican with a donkey pin and nice tan...

They are happy to host a massive debate about gay marriage and abortion which (no offense to the LGBT populous here, I know you guys deserve equal rights) are throwaway issues that cost the state nothing and that pail in importance to the literal crisises we are facing. Our freedom are being eroded, while our food and water is poisoned, while our infrastructure crumbles, while we sell ourselves to the Chinese, while congress has become so corrupted that it can't even function...and all the while a handful of mega media conglomerates have the right and the left chasing their ideological tails.

...It seems like consent and bombs are the only things this country is still capable of manufacturing.

Ps. While I'm ranting what the **** ever happened to JFK? It seems like there is nothing in America that can't be quickly forgotten, even magic bullets and murdered suspects.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
10-06-2013, 06:49 PM
(10-06-2013 03:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 03:55 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Funny how all of this have been happening for years and people are only starting to complain about it now.

Many of us have been complaining about that fucking Patriot Act since day one. It has domestic surveillance provisions that clearly violate the Constitution.

I complained when Dubya was president. No one cared, now it's a big fucking deal because why?

I wonder how long before he has a book deal.

I guess I'm a hopeless cynic. Drinking Beverage

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

10-06-2013, 06:54 PM
(10-06-2013 06:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 03:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  Many of us have been complaining about that fucking Patriot Act since day one. It has domestic surveillance provisions that clearly violate the Constitution.

I complained when Dubya was president. No one cared, now it's a big fucking deal because why?

You guys do realise this electronic dragnet has been going on since Nixon right? Every few years someone "Breaks the Story" and peoples feathers are ruffled for a few minutes then everyone promptly forgets about it. The only difference this time is the fact that most people these days do most to all of their transactions online. We shall see if anything comes from this but I wouldn't hold your breath.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Surveillance
(10-06-2013 04:46 PM)JAH Wrote:  I and I, I am loth to say it but your are correct. The totalitarian government of the US is welcomed by the bulk of its people. They would rather subsidize corn and get fat than deal with real world problems. They prefer the comfort of the police arresting people and putting them in jail forever to the possibility of educating and providing jobs such that people have no need of crime.

In this specific case the US public turns their back on real intrusions into their private life. They do not care as long as the TV still blurts out its shit.

Which means that a people voting in its leaders is not a guarantee of a free society. Voting is seen as the be all end all definition of a free society.
[+] 4 users Like I and I's post
10-06-2013, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 03:49 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(10-06-2013 06:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 06:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I complained when Dubya was president. No one cared, now it's a big fucking deal because why?

You guys do realise this electronic dragnet has been going on since Nixon right? Every few years someone "Breaks the Story" and peoples feathers are ruffled for a few minutes then everyone promptly forgets about it. The only difference this time is the fact that most people these days do most to all of their transactions online. We shall see if anything comes from this but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I was in grammar school when Nixon was impeached. *edited* he wasn't impeached, he resigned the presidency before that happened. Damn what was I drinking?

Yes it has been going on since probably forever. The patriot act was very blatant under the guise of catching "bad guys" but anyone was complained was labeled anti-American or worse a traitor.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

10-06-2013, 07:59 PM
(10-06-2013 07:17 PM)I and I Wrote:  Which means that a people voting in its leaders is not a guarantee of a free society. Voting is seen as the be all end all definition of a free society.

Spoken like a true anarchist. Wink

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 01:57 AM
(10-06-2013 03:59 PM)I and I Wrote:  It's funny how mass surveillance and totalitarian governments are wanted or the warnings are ignored.

Privacy might be a decayed corpse by now. People now days want the boring minutia of their daily lives posted so everyone can see, what kind of car they have, what their house looks like, where they are at.

Totalitarian governments come by request, not by force.

Drinking Beverage

It can actually be either one.

But yes, America's situation is most certainly the former.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post