Surveillance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2013, 05:27 PM
RE: Surveillance
(10-06-2013 08:24 AM)Dom Wrote:  So whaddaya all think of this:

I think 1) dude's guilty of an act of treason and 2) he ain't that bright for seeking refuge in Hong Kong which has an extradition treaty with the US (dude shouldda gone to Cuba) and

(10-06-2013 11:03 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  As for what he's exposing, none of it is the least bit surprising to me.
(10-06-2013 02:03 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I am not the least bit surprised about this.

3) there are reasons Girly don't carry a cell phone. This is just one of many. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013, 05:38 PM
(11-06-2013 05:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 08:24 AM)Dom Wrote:  So whaddaya all think of this:

I think 1) dude's guilty of an act of treason and 2) he ain't that bright for seeking refuge in Hong Kong which has an extradition treaty with the US (dude shouldda gone to Cuba) and

(10-06-2013 11:03 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  As for what he's exposing, none of it is the least bit surprising to me.
(10-06-2013 02:03 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I am not the least bit surprised about this.

3) there are reasons Girly don't carry a cell phone. This is just one of many. Tongue

Not treason, whistle-blowing on those who actually are engaged in illegal activity.
The NSA is violating the 4th Amendment at a minimum.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 05:42 PM
(11-06-2013 05:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 05:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think 1) dude's guilty of an act of treason and 2) he ain't that bright for seeking refuge in Hong Kong which has an extradition treaty with the US (dude shouldda gone to Cuba) and

Not treason, whistle-blowing on those who actually are engaged in illegal activity.

It's technically legal since they do obtain a rubberstamp warrant.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-06-2013, 05:45 PM
(11-06-2013 05:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 05:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not treason, whistle-blowing on those who actually are engaged in illegal activity.

It's technically legal since they do obtain a rubberstamp warrant.

And it's technically in violation of the 4th Amendment because it is unreasonable.

Legislation does not trump the Constitution.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
11-06-2013, 05:50 PM
(11-06-2013 05:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 05:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It's technically legal since they do obtain a rubberstamp warrant.

And it's technically in violation of the 4th Amendment because it is unreasonable.

Legislation does not trump the Constitution.

If it were brought before the court I have no doubt that it would be overturned however until that happens, unless a stay is placed by a judge, it is legal and even when it is overturned it would only be illegal to keep doing it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-06-2013, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 06:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-06-2013 05:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  The NSA is violating the 4th Amendment at a minimum.

Girly ain't no Constitutional law expert, but it ain't all that clear to me. Collecting and permanently preserving metadata already collected and temporarily preserved by corporate entities, while facilitating and enabling "unreasonable search", don't seem to violate the "unreasonable search" clause until it is actually used to unreasonably search. The seizure clause seems to apply to personal property. But again, what do I know. As far as "treason", you're probably right, "espionage" seems the more proper term.
Burner phones like those used by the black markets are the only cell phone I will ever carry and I only use those when I'm on travel to keep in touch with Manly. Smart phones? Fuck might as well surgically implant an RFID and GPS chip into your ass. ... with a camera and mic. Shocking

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
11-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Good new is that the ACLU announced today they are filing a lawsuit over the phone records thing. Here's hoping the split turns out better than the recent DNA collection (before conviction, without warrant) ruling:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-5758...er-arrest/

Bit of an unusual split there with Scalia siding with civil liberties and Kennedy & Breyer siding with the police state. I'm hoping the ACLU case has a better outcome.
11-06-2013, 09:26 PM
(11-06-2013 05:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  Legislation does not trump the Constitution.

Tell that to the guys with the guns.

Paper doesn't beat weapons.... or indoctrination.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
12-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Hey! How’s it going? I’m all right.

My job is so shitty I wish I could overthrow my boss. It’s like this oppressive regime where only true believers in his management techniques will stay around. I work marathon-length hours and he’s made all these changes that have made it the worst architecture firm to work at in Manhattan. Like he moved the office to the Financial District and fired my assistant. She was the only one who knew where the blueprints were! I need access to those blueprints to complete my job! F my life, right? And he keeps trying to start all these new initiatives to boost revenue, but seriously we just need to stick to what we do best. There’s only one true profit center. I seriously feel ready to go on strike at any second.

I just read this article about how these free radical particles can cause the downfall of good health and accelerate aging. These could actually cause death to millions of Americans. If these particles are flying around undetected everywhere, does that mean we’re all radicalized?

Have you seen the second season of Breaking Bad? I just finished it. I couldn’t believe that episode where they poison the guy with ricin! That was the bomb! I won’t say any more because I don’t want to reveal the earth-shattering events to come.

Oh! So I’ve been planning a big trip for the summer. I’m thinking of visiting all of the most famous suspension bridges in the United States. So probably like the Golden Gate Bridge, The Brooklyn Bridge, and the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. I’m gonna bring my younger brother and I know he’ll want to go to bars, so I’m thinking of getting him a fake drivers license, but I hope that doesn’t blow up in my face.

Okay, I gotta run! I’m late for flight school. I missed the last class where we learn how to land, so I really can’t miss another one. Talk to you later!

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
12-06-2013, 02:51 PM
What I think is going to happen:

Man is applauded as hero at first, questioned later, denounced and forgotten at last.

Man gets arrested, sentenced and imprisoned, possibly in a mental facility.

Program gets shut down and reopened secretly under another name.

People get angry at first, adapted to it later, accustomed and comfortably numb at last.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post