28-10-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: Survey study on atheism!
Oh, you're here too.

Good luck with your study.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2016, 03:35 PM
(28-10-2016 02:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  Lol, I got myself locked out!

Read the top of the first question, glanced at the options, decided to click on Catholicism since I identify most with that since I was raised in it. Oops, must have been a none someplace and the question wasn't about what I identified with most.

Too late, I have been expulsed from class. Hobo

I answered that question "atheist"

At least the questions had to do with atheism in a weird way and didn't ask me spiritual type questions. Some questions were geared toward the "angry atheist" claptrap.

I don't go around trying to talk to people about atheism the way religious types talk to me about their belief.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-10-2016, 04:32 PM
^ I gathered that from the OP. thanks for confirming not to waste my time.
28-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Hi,

I'm doing a study on the efficacy of internet studies that relying on the honesty of random, self-selecting individuals and can't even be arsed to use GeoFencing. Would you mind answering the following questions?

1 - How many times do you think I answered your survey?

2 - If you think that I answered your survey one or more times, do you think that I answered honestly or do you think I got bored after the 20th similarly worded question or so and just started clicking random responses?

3 - What methodology do you propose to use to remove random responses without removing genuine responses and thus skewing your data?

4 - What methodology do you propose to use to remove responses from non-Americans and theists?

5 - How many people do you think will read this post and decide to also mess with your survey? How creative do you think they will be?

Thank you for you cooperation.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 8 users Like Paleophyte's post
28-10-2016, 08:17 PM
I can't answer these questions, sorry. I try to treat people as individuals, and I am unaware of any metrics by which I could accurately quantify the extent of my implicit biases toward the qualitative aspects of other people.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
28-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Sorry, I'm not old enough to take it.
[+] 1 user Likes AnaBunny's post
29-10-2016, 04:49 AM
Star RE: Survey study on atheism!
I see that you have popped over to The Happy Atheist forum. Got to get a good spread of atheists Thumbsup

But you haven't posed your questions there yet.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
29-10-2016, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2016 05:05 AM by Gloucester.)
(28-10-2016 07:42 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Hi,

I'm doing a study on the efficacy of internet studies that relying on the honesty of random, self-selecting individuals and can't even be arsed to use GeoFencing. Would you mind answering the following questions?

1 - How many times do you think I answered your survey?

2 - If you think that I answered your survey one or more times, do you think that I answered honestly or do you think I got bored after the 20th similarly worded question or so and just started clicking random responses?

3 - What methodology do you propose to use to remove random responses without removing genuine responses and thus skewing your data?

4 - What methodology do you propose to use to remove responses from non-Americans and theists?

5 - How many people do you think will read this post and decide to also mess with your survey? How creative do you think they will be?

Thank you for you cooperation.

I got rejected out if hand. Not sure if that is because the system recognised my country of origin or because I entered "humanist" as an "Other".

Ok with first going by the rules but, so far as I know, all humanists are also atheists but ones who have a list of shared understandings longer than "there are no gods".

Think I will try again, listing myself as an atheist this time.

Later: ok, so it recognises that I tried once already!

Heh, but I got in via my other tablet! So no automatic country check.

Could not answer questions about my view of Christians without writing, "Depends entirely on the individual personal character of each one I meet," across the sheet.

Poorly designed survey IMO.

[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
29-10-2016, 05:36 AM
I note that atheism has to be defined in your survey as a "non-religious affiliation". Affiliation is commonly defined as attaching or uniting on terms of fellowship or association.

Atheism is not thus. Athesim is nothing more than a personal state of mind which has nothing to do with anyone else. To describe it as "non-religious" is both erroneous and mildly offensive. Sorry.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
29-10-2016, 05:41 AM
(29-10-2016 05:36 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I note that atheism has to be defined in your survey as a "non-religious affiliation". Affiliation is commonly defined as attaching or uniting on terms of fellowship or association.

Atheism is not thus. Athesim is nothing more than a personal state of mind which has nothing to do with anyone else. To describe it as "non-religious" is both erroneous and mildly offensive. Sorry.

"With no religious affiliation" . . . better?

Nope, might be a religion of one with no affiliates, no religion in atheism.