Survival Horror

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2012, 06:20 PM
RE: Survival Horror
SCP looks really weird. I watched a short gameplay video and was really confused as to why there was a floating gingerbread man. But I'll probably play it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2012, 05:39 PM
(22-07-2012 06:20 PM)lucradis Wrote:  SCP looks really weird. I watched a short gameplay video and was really confused as to why there was a floating gingerbread man. But I'll probably play it.
Ah, you speak of SPC – 173, or as I like to call it, HOLYFUCKINGSHITNUGGETSAHNONONONONONAAHHHHLEAVEMEALONEMUMMYMUMMY!!!!!!

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173

He (it) is just the first in a growing list of SPC subjects integrated into the game, but he’s easily the one responsible for the most deaths. His (its) mechanic works very much like the Weeping Angels from the recent seasons of Dr Who, only creepier. If that’s possible.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
Find all posts by this user
01-08-2012, 12:47 PM
If you've never played the original survival horror games - Alone in the Dark I & II - then I suggest doing it. Great games.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
13-08-2012, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2012 10:14 AM by kineo.)
I highly recommend DayZ if you are looking for the survival part. It's definitely a scary game- it's a zombie survival mod based on the Arma II game engine. It's going standalone by the end of the year, and it will be heavily discounted while it's being built in alpha (Minecraft style development, where it was cheap cheap cheap to buy in alpha and still relatively cheap to buy post production).

I've been playing it lately and I have to say that I love the concept and I'm looking forward to the game being built stand alone. The Arma II mod is really clunky and buggy but even still it's thrilling, but once the devs have full control over the game this will hopefully change.

The premise is that you're a survivor of the zombie apocalypse. You wash up on shore somewhere in Chernarus- a fictional post-soviet country. You have almost nothing to start with- a flashlight and some pain killers. And the game begins- survive for as long as you can. You need food, or you'll die. You need to drink, or you'll die. Don't get sick, or you'll die. Don't fall and break a bone, or you'll probably die. You're forced to go into a town for supplies, but zombies inhabit the towns, and so do bandits. Other players become bandits through murder of other survivors to steal their supplies. You'll need guns to defend yourself. You'll need a map to find your way around (the map is HUGE). You'll need a compass, and a watch would be handy. Get what you can and make your way north to escape the other survivors and stay alive. Then what will you do? Kill other survivors and take their stuff? Help other survivors stay alive? Can you trust them not to shoot you on sight, or stab you in the back? When you die- that's it. You're dead... start over.

Talk about an epic idea, this game doesn't coddle you- even when you wish it did. My first character survived for about 20 days, I got some nice military-grade weapons, had some survival gear... I had everything I needed. Except matches to start a fire and cook the meat I had cut from a cow I killed. I starved and died before I could find either some matches or some canned food.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
13-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I was checking that out the other day, it look neat. My big complaint is that it is not really old and my computer would likely have a hard time. While it may run it, it would probably... be... cho.. ppy... and... no..t... be.... f....un.

I need a new computer. Donations are accepted.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2012, 01:08 PM
(13-08-2012 11:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I was checking that out the other day, it look neat. My big complaint is that it is not really old and my computer would likely have a hard time. While it may run it, it would probably... be... cho.. ppy... and... no..t... be.... f....un.

I need a new computer. Donations are accepted.

Ah yeah... that could be a problem. I have a decent-ish computer, not fantastic and not terrible. And I still turn the graphics down just to be sure I won't get some terrible lag at a terrible time. It still happens though.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
10-09-2012, 03:34 AM
I hate resident evil, due to getting stuck way too much. One puzzle puts you in a room with about 30 paintings. There is a riddle to solve in order to obtain an object to open a wooden door. Meanwhile you are carrying an rpg, various assault weapons, an axe, and I believe c4 as well. It was so time consuming that I never got through it. I value realism. Why search for a key when you are carrying weapons that can open almost any door?
04-10-2012, 02:45 PM
There is an indie game on PC called Lone Survivor. Its like a retro style 2D silent hill game, very cool.
The group that made Amnesia made the Penumbra games(3 of them) before that. They are older so I'm sure if they would be easier on your PC.
[+] 1 user Likes AphexandCambria's post