Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Suscipe Domine
A few of you have mentioned this website to me, when I've expressed some...irritation...with my more Traditionalist minded brethren. "Oh I've been to Fish Eaters," I told myself, "It can't be that bad".

It was....interesting. Just a few offerings:
The Pope is a fraud.

Stars are angels.

Council of Trent declares Francis to be anathema.

International Conference to condemn Amoris Laetitia

Satanic Ritual Abuse (not just for the 1980s any more!)

Also lines such as:
Quote:The "party line" is that of the Society of St. Pius X.
Oh good, a sect of schismatics best known for thinking everything after Vatican II is invalid.

Quote: Error has no rights.
Of course, we wouldn't want to actually have discussions...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
30-05-2016, 09:59 PM
RE: Suscipe Domine
Yeah they're a stupidly scary bunch. My husband used to count himself as one of them too (no he didn't belong to that forum -- just shared those good catholic values that said "bring back the inquisition."

I personally enjoyed the thread about blessed salt, to guard against non-Catholic neighbors and the emergency baptism of miscarried babies.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-05-2016, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2016 10:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Their forum rules, (partially)

"Sedevacantism:
1) Suscipe Domine recognizes Pope Francis as the Supreme Pontiff. Sedevacantists are invited and welcome to join and post. The forum's policy towards sedevacantists is taken from Abp. Lefebvre, "I do not say that the pope is not the pope... But I do not say that you cannot say the pope is not the pope."
2) It is necessary for every poster, including sedevacantists, to use a pope's regnal name when posting. Even anti-popes are afforded this respect. Immature name-calling will not be tolerated."

So HIGHlarious how *certain* people there are allowed to break any rule they like. Others, get banned, for far less. What else would you expect of Suscipe Dummyknee.

Be so glad you are free from all that neurotic nonsense.
http://legacy.fordham.edu/halsall/basis/nicea1.txt
The proceedings of the councils are available online. You can see for yourself how they cooked up the nonsense they worship.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-05-2016, 09:51 AM
(30-05-2016 09:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  A few of you have mentioned this website to me, when I've expressed some...irritation...with my more Traditionalist minded brethren. "Oh I've been to Fish Eaters," I told myself, "It can't be that bad".

Suscipe Domine is indeed nuttier than fisheaters (it was founded by people who found fisheaters insufficiently hardcore). But check out cathinfo -- they are nuttier than Suscipe Domine by at least as big a margin. Several people migrated to cathinfo after they found Suscipe Domine insufficiently hardcore.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
31-05-2016, 09:54 AM
(31-05-2016 09:51 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-05-2016 09:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  A few of you have mentioned this website to me, when I've expressed some...irritation...with my more Traditionalist minded brethren. "Oh I've been to Fish Eaters," I told myself, "It can't be that bad".

Suscipe Domine is indeed nuttier than fisheaters (it was founded by people who found fisheaters insufficiently hardcore). But check out cathinfo -- they are nuttier than Suscipe Domine by at least as big a margin. Several people migrated to cathinfo after they found Suscipe Domine insufficiently hardcore.

Wow that makes me sad. People are crazier than Suscipe Domine.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-05-2016, 10:01 AM
They also had several threads a while back about geocentrism. There was at least one person claiming that, regardless of anything science has to say, geocentrism is "Catholic dogma" and must be accepted by any Catholic. Shortly after that, the forum owner, who is an engineer, forbade any further discussion of geocentrism. But the "Catholic dogma" guy kept trying to bring it up, and eventually got banned for it.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
31-05-2016, 10:36 AM
(31-05-2016 10:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  They also had several threads a while back about geocentrism. There was at least one person claiming that, regardless of anything science has to say, geocentrism is "Catholic dogma" and must be accepted by any Catholic. Shortly after that, the forum owner, who is an engineer, forbade any further discussion of geocentrism. But the "Catholic dogma" guy kept trying to bring it up, and eventually got banned for it.

It is interesting tho (in a way... to me). THAT sort of adherence to rigid insanity. Clearly it fills some sort of psych need (deficiency).

(And BTW, *as if* not talking about it, (in perfect Catholic tradition), makes problems go away.) Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-05-2016, 10:40 AM
(31-05-2016 10:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-05-2016 10:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  They also had several threads a while back about geocentrism. There was at least one person claiming that, regardless of anything science has to say, geocentrism is "Catholic dogma" and must be accepted by any Catholic. Shortly after that, the forum owner, who is an engineer, forbade any further discussion of geocentrism. But the "Catholic dogma" guy kept trying to bring it up, and eventually got banned for it.

It is interesting tho (in a way... to me). THAT sort of adherence to rigid insanity. Clearly it fills some sort of psych need (deficiency).

(And BTW, *as if* not talking about it, (in perfect Catholic tradition), makes problems go away.) Dodgy

Well, to give them some credit, I think the reason for not talking about it, and for banning the guy who insisted on doing so anyway, was that it was bad publicity -- it made Catholics look like idiots. Not that they have any trouble doing that anyway...

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
31-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Moms...wow. Just, um wow. From "used to", I take it he mellowed out a bit? I know a guy who seriously advocates a return to Catholic Monarchies due to the Divine Right of Kings.

Bucky Ball, thanks for the link to the Council of Nicea! And yeah, it seems, just from my brief time there last night, that the "frequent" posters are allowed to violate all the rules, especially those you highlighted about treating the Pope (or an antipope) with respect. As for "free", I still am a Catholic, even if it's not as... *cough*batshit crazy *cough* hardcore, as them.

Grasshopper, I saw the ban thread with the guy banned due to the geocentrism! I'm sorry, but I just can't believe in something so easily disproven, old dogma or not. It's like taking the "4 corners of the Earth" literally...then again, I've seen Christian videos on YouTube advocating the Flat Earth conspiracy. And you blew my mind, like Rev said, that SD broke from FE for not being Traddie enough and then CathInfo broke from SD for not being Traddie enough.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2016, 11:43 AM
(31-05-2016 11:29 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I know a guy who seriously advocates a return to Catholic Monarchies due to the Divine Right of Kings.

He's been here. ONE scary dude.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post